Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 03:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,455,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Some refuse the word of God that is in the Bible.
And sometimes, words are unnecessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 05:02 PM

64,035 posts, read 40,340,014 times
Quote:
Agreed to a certain extent.
Killing babies and others when taken literally sounds unjust but taken allegorically it is reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Preposterous!!!Please explain how it is reasonable, allegorically or not!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What hidden meaning can you possibly get out of "smashing babies" to death?
None.
Quote:
God does not speak of the flesh. He speaks of the spirit.
Spirit is our consciousness (state of mind) so what state of mind is being promoted by "bashing babies' heads on rocks?"
Quote:
There are many things in the Bible that people do not understand and they accept it but then think they understand others so, if they do not understand one thing what makes them think they understand any of it.
"Let him who is wise understand these things, let him who is prudent know them. Straight are the ways of the Lord, the righteous walk in them but sinners stumble in them."says the Lord
Says the man who actually thinks our God wants us just to parrot the words of Jesus. Talk about not understanding figurative speech. Given that you have shown you do NOT understand what God wants from us regarding the Word of God Jesus the Christ, what makes you think you understand any of it.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:06 PM

20,461 posts, read 12,854,610 times
Quote:
And many false things that were credited to being from God, so as a Man thinks.
I guess I was right, nate.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,455,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I do not speak as a false prophet, if that is what you are insinuating.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:44 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,796,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
None.
Spirit is our consciousness (state of mind) so what state of mind is being promoted by "bashing babies' heads on rocks?"
Says the man who actually thinks our God wants us just to parrot the words of Jesus. Talk about not understanding figurative speech. Given that you have shown you do NOT understand what God wants from us regarding the Word of God Jesus the Christ, what makes you think you understand any of it.
Spirit is your consciousness because you refuse to accept the words I spoke to you which are spirit and life.

You have no life in you if you are not my parrot. My parrots hear my voice ,I know them and they follow me.

You I do not know.

Whoever is of the truth hears my voice. Guess why you cannot hear me? Because you are not of the truth, the word of God.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:16 AM

20,461 posts, read 12,854,610 times
Quote:
I do not speak as a false prophet, if that is what you are insinuating.
I believe you were saying Jeremiah's message was NOT from God.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:18 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,748,132 times
Quote:
I believe you were saying Jeremiah's message was NOT from God.
I'm still asking WHICH Jeremiah---and that you cannot answer.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:30 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,970,788 times
Quote:
And many false things that were credited to being from God, so as a Man thinks.
Quote:
If you are talking abouit your question: "Are you suggesting that Jeremiah was NOT a prophet from God? Read chapter 1." jimmiej, then nothing Jerwade says here would indicate it to be the case. If that is what you are saying, please explain. Oh, Isee that has been addressed. No, that is not the import of Jerwade'sa words.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:18 PM

589 posts, read 332,913 times
Jesus defined the holy spirit.

Old 02-05-2016, 01:30 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,361,792 times
Quote:
There are some here who reject that Jesus said the spirit is the word of God. More than anything Jesus stressed the word of God. Jesus often said ",it is written in the prophets," stressing the word of God but some here try to lead others away from the word of God which is written in ink. Jesus said that man lives by the word of God. Well, the word of God is in the bible written in ink. Remember Jesus said the Holy Spirit would remind others of what He said and the spirit of truth would declare what He has taken from the word of God to guide The follower to the word of God, the truth.

The Holy Spirit is not some kind of polterguiest who whispers in your ear. There are many who believe that but the Holy Spirit would not teach a different message on the same subject which is what is happening that way of thinking. The Spirit of Truth who is the Holy Spirit is the spirit of the word of God, hence Spirit of truth because he takes from what belongs to the word of God and declares it as Jesus foretold.

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

"The Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will instruct you in everything and remind you of all that I told you."

"When He comes, the Spirit of Truth, He will guide you to all truth (the word of God is truth). He will not speak on his own but will speak what he hears and declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me because He will take from what is mine and declare it to you.
"

Jesus said; "It is the spirit that gives life", so if the word of God is spirit and it gives life then the word of God, written in ink, is essential to the believers spiritual life.

Is the word of God spirit and life or is a polterguiest spirit and life?
Actually it was the author of Gospel John who made these statements. The Gospel According to John was written anonymously 60 or 70 years after Jesus was supposed to have been executed. Jesus wrote NOTHING himself and as a result left behind no such statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity