Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 04:29 PM

63,951 posts, read 40,245,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
None.
Spirit is our consciousness (state of mind) so what state of mind is being promoted by "bashing babies' heads on rocks?"
Says the man who actually thinks our God wants us just to parrot the words of Jesus. Talk about not understanding figurative speech. Given that you have shown you do NOT understand what God wants from us regarding the Word of God Jesus the Christ, what makes you think you understand any of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Spirit is your consciousness because you refuse to accept the words I spoke to you which are spirit and life.
You have no life in you if you are not my parrot. My parrots hear my voice ,I know them and they follow me.
You I do not know.
Whoever is of the truth hears my voice. Guess why you cannot hear me? Because you are not of the truth, the word of God.
Get help, brother. You have serious mental issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 05:16 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,623,204 times
nothing wrong with jesus' teachings. telling us he died, woke up, and flew away is a slight problem. I mean he can do it, but its not with magic. and paul is justa bruthra from a anuther mutha.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:03 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,792,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Actually it was the author of Gospel John who made these statements. The Gospel According to John was written anonymously 60 or 70 years after Jesus was supposed to have been executed. Jesus wrote NOTHING himself and as a result left behind no such statements.
Just because what we know now as the Gospels were written much later does not mean that they were the original writings. There could have been other writings that were not found. It was not just something they made up.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Get help, brother. You have serious mental issues.
Not at all. I am trying to help you. You have the issues.

My ways are my your ways nor are my thoughts your thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth that is how high my ways are above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts.

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me.

Old 02-05-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Not at all. I am trying to help you. You have the issues.

My ways are my your ways nor are my thoughts your thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth that is how high my ways are above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts.

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me.
This is how it should read.

My ways are not your ways nor are my thoughts your thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth that is how high my ways are above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:48 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,623,204 times
Quote:

My ways are not your ways nor are my thoughts your thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth that is how high my ways are above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts.
He sent me too.
"your ways are far above our ways".
we normals call that a red flag.
just sayin.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:22 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:

You are the master of quoting the bible, but empty when it comes to expounding the scriptures.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are the master of quoting the bible, but empty when it comes to expounding the scriptures.
I will expound it to whoever keeps my commandments and follows me.

"I shall purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

"One heart and one way is what I shall give them so they shall revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them."

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."

I shall reveal myself to whoever loves me and keeps my commandments and my Father shall love him and I shall love him.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:46 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,733,822 times
I think this OP has a "I think I'm god" complex.

He goes on my ignore list---only the second to win that award from me. But it is best not to debate those with mental health issues.

But I've got to figure out again how to ignore him!!

And I did.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 02-06-2016 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: added final sentence

Old 02-06-2016, 11:12 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
I will expound it to whoever keeps my commandments and follows me.

"I shall purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

"One heart and one way is what I shall give them so they shall revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them."

"The Lord is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth."

I shall reveal myself to whoever loves me and keeps my commandments and my Father shall love him and I shall love him.
So,do any other words come out of your mouth but bible verses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity