Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 01:46 PM

589 posts, read 331,598 times

Advertisements

He doesnt want us thinking of it as pleasing god but living up to the truth in love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 01:53 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
He doesnt want us thinking of it as pleasing god but living up to the truth in love.
Well that would be your interpretation. Not exactly what He said.

"Those who act in truth come to the light so their deeds are revealed as works of God."

Old 02-06-2016, 01:57 PM

True. Godwants us to do good works after coming tohim but not to please him but to help others.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
True. Godwants us to do good works after coming tohim but not to please him but to help others.
Jesus said He always did what pleases God. So in turn, if sent as He was sent, we must do the same.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:42 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
God said in Luke 3:22.....``This is my Son , in Him I am well pleased ``........ See God is pleased with His Son Jesus , so then when we follow Jesus and repent from this world and be one with Jesus, ..... God will be pleased with Jesus through us , and we will be rewarded in heaven for what Jesus does through us , and the righteous things we do for Jesus ............. So then we can take our crowns of rewards and lay them at the feet of God in heaven .....

Old 02-07-2016, 05:14 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said that He only said what the Father told Him, that He did nothing on His own, and that what He did pleases God.

If the son of man is the word of God, the truth then it is the truth that pleases God. The spoken word of God is what pleases Him.

By that scenario, do you please God?

If Jesus sent His followers as He was sent then they must say what the Father told Jesus as well. Correct?

"I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Father taught me for the one who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him."

what that means is if you do the next right thing, to the best o your ability, things will usually work out. The "best of your ability" does/can mean to ask others to help.

this atheist cannot argue that statement.

I can argue the 'poof there it is" parts and/or literal bible as the only true way.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Jesus said He always did what pleases God.
So in turn, if sent as He was sent, we must do the same.
If you are not healing the children with your words.
Then, try supporting the Children's Hospitals, like St. Jude's.

I purchase hundred's of bears, and give them to the young one's.
If you desire to donate, you may find some at Kay Jewelers.

"Together, we can help save children's lives."

They have donated more than 46 Million in 16 years.

Give to a loved one!

Old 02-07-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Jesus said He always did what pleases God. So in turn, if sent as He was sent, we must do the same.
Where does it say that?

Old 02-09-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Where does it say that?
John 8:28-29

"When you honor the son of man you will realize I am and I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Father has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him."

Old 02-09-2016, 10:48 PM

598 posts, read 358,116 times
Quote:
Other people have said God hates you when you don't please him.....
God is hating sin but loving on the sinner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity