Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 10:38 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,963,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
May haps be that you do not understand systematic theology as well as you think.....
That would depend on which way the particular theologians jumped through the hoops necessary to explain the conteradictions ind inconsistencies of the Bible.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:44 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,243,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
That would depend on which way the particular theologians jumped through the hoops necessary to explain the conteradictions ind inconsistencies of the Bible.
We've also explained that to you -- there are no contradictions or inconsistencies.....but as with ohters...if you're not willing to believe that, there is nothing I can do about it. I can show you the proofs but I can't make you think.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:12 AM

19,134 posts, read 27,765,073 times
It's probably somewhere in all the great pages of responses, but concept of "trinity" is well preceding Christianity and its origins are lost in sands of time. Christianity simply picked it up as it is, actually true.

Many who believe in the Trinity are surprised, perhaps shocked, to learn that the idea of divine beings existing as trinities or triads long predated Christianity. Yet, as we will see, the evidence is abundantly documented.

How Ancient Trinitarian Gods Influenced Adoption of the Trinity | United Church of God

Why is it true? Because an immortal Self is a Tri-une Self. It is mind of Doer, Thinker, and Knower in immortal perfect body. Doer mind is the one that contacts a physical human body and operates in the physical plane of the physical world.

As this concept is a bit too much to comprehend by lay minds, as the result, as this knowledge was always given to humanity by The Wise Men, it is symbolically reflected in various "tri" types of "deities".
Also, at its even deeper origin, everything on the nature side and on the intelligence side has its origins in The Great Trinity of Consciousness+Space+Substance, with Substance and Space being unknown to humanity or, at least, human science as it is now. Terms are used only as approximate representation as proper semantic words do not exist in English. They may exist in ancient Hindu, but I am not familiar with them.
As the result, knowledge known to humanity for eons simply, once again, bounced into a religion. It happens because The Truths are always available to those who think, and as they are universal and eternal, seeking mind finds them one way or another.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:14 AM

589 posts, read 332,502 times
there is alot of contradictions and incosistancies in the bible. the bible at many times is incoherent.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post
there is alot of contradictions and incosistancies in the bible. the bible at many times is incoherent.
Weird. I've got a Master's in Theology and I've been a pastor for 3+ years, been studying apologetics for 20+ years and I'm not aware of any.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:22 PM

64,000 posts, read 40,305,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no understanding of the Trinity and nothing was clarified about it and never has been to this day. It is pure bunkum and word salad with created jargon to cover the irrationality and absurdity of the concept. Hypostatic union and kenosis are no more explanatory than hydromatic transmission and hypnosis would be.
It doesn't matter how many people are wrong. It would never make it right.

Your technical vocabulary is bogus jargon created precisely to conceal the ignorance at the core of the so-called Trinity doctrine. It is a "precept and doctrine of men," one of many Jesus warned us about. We would not have been warned about the words "written in ink" if they were the source of truth. Jesus is the only one referred to as the Word of God, NOT the scriptures or the Bible (which did not even exist when Jesus did).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm genuinely impressed you know those words. Good for you.
Now I'd suggest you pick up a good systematic theology and do some reading. Hodge's is free online, or Ryrie wrote a good one, as well. It is clearly laid out in Scripture if you're willing to read it.
I will place my understanding of your supposed systematic theology above whatever level you think you have achieved, Vizio. When you approach the scriptures with an erroneous CONTEXT about God, whatever you produce is biased by the wrong context and you do not even see the inconsistencis and contradictions in your interpretations. (You have in fact stated there are none, which is absurd on its face).

Old 02-05-2016, 01:49 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,934,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Christ View Post

Actually Gods word is in harmony--with the exceptions of trinity translations--they are filled with translating errors to fit false council teachings.
Much cannot be understood by mortal man--it takes being taught from Jesus' real teachers to learn hidden truths. It kept satan and his angels in spiritual darkness, so that he couldn't totally mess it up for all. Even Gods good angels are desiring to peer into those hidden truths( 1Peter 1:12)--but as Daniel foretold, here in these last days-- hidden truth would become abundant,( Dan 12:4) and it has--Jesus' real teachers make sure of it--otherwise this could not be accomplished-John 4:22-24

Old 02-05-2016, 02:30 PM

28,141 posts, read 30,085,935 times
Quote:
No. It really is laid out in Scripture. We've explained it over and over. There is only one God--he states it repeatedly throughout Scripture. We also see each person of the Trinity called God, and we see each one doing things that only persons can do.
And I even agree that there is only one God and that each person in the Godhead is called "God." But the Creeds make it much, much more complicated than that.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And I even agree that there is only one God and that each person in the Godhead is called "God." But the Creeds make it much, much more complicated than that.
The reason it's that complicated is to make it concise and clear. I recognize that you may disagree with some of the language of Nicea and you would likely have been on the wrong side of the council in regards to the doctrine of the Trinity.

Old 02-05-2016, 03:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, that's not true, it's more what people have been taught to believe.
Quote:
No. It really is laid out in Scripture. We've explained it over and over. There is only one God--he states it repeatedly throughout Scripture. We also see each person of the Trinity called God, and we see each one doing things that only persons can do.
You have this need to paint the Spirit into your own image.
Explain, again, why you think the two become three?

For the Father and I are One.
Adam and Eve became One.
Where two agree as One.

The breath of life and the body become a living soul.
There is no clear Trinitarian formula in the Bible.

What you follow is a syncretistic, a Christian/Pagan belief system.
And, an underworld of condemnation that opposes true Christianity.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity