Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 06:33 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,611,475 times

Advertisements

Gamaliel is mentioned in Acts.

This is an interesting quote below from the Tal because it exemplifies not only the rift occuring
between "Christianity" and "Judaism" (Christians believing the covenant extended with Christ
as Messiah, others who remained constructed Judaism as we know it. It's an astonishing quote
on many historical levels involving the nature of what remained in Judiasm, and its eventual
characteristics which set it apart from Christianity.

"When he died, the honour of the Torah (the law) ceased, and purity and piety became extinct."
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Gamaliel

"when he died the honor [outward respect] of the Torah ceased, and purity and piety became extinct"
Soṭah xv: 18
Gamaliel - Conservapedia
GAMALIEL I. - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Saint Paul was educated under Gamaliel (Acts 22:3), and Gamaliel defended the
Holy Apostles (Acts 5). He died in A.D. 58. Twelve years after his death,
Jerusalem was destroyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 07:14 PM

598 posts, read 359,196 times
Hard to conclude what is the total meaning within one statement taken out of context.

Truth is it was because of the righteousness within the truth of the law that resurrected Jesus from the dead onto life thus becoming the "first-fruits" of the dead.

Not hardly what could be considered to be the end of purity

PS: Sorry for the grin in the title line but it happened by mistake and I have no idea how to delete it

Old 01-31-2016, 03:57 AM

9,697 posts, read 10,048,563 times
I am not sure if it is any last true covenant the religious Pharisee had with God or that it was just the logic of man Gamaliel had for the out come of persecutions that the Pharisee conducted from , Acts 5...... Still God said He rent the veil from twain from top to bottom in the temple at the time of the cross of Christ , which signified an end to the covenant from, Matthew 27:51

Old 01-31-2016, 05:16 AM

598 posts, read 359,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I am not sure if it is any last true covenant the religious Pharisee had with God or that it was just the logic of man Gamaliel had for the out come of persecutions that the Pharisee conducted from , Acts 5...... Still God said He rent the veil from twain from top to bottom in the temple at the time of the cross of Christ , which signified an end to the covenant from, Matthew 27:51
Is there a verse you have in mind for supporting the idea that the veil being rent ended the first covenant?

I know Jesus said the law was taught until John the Baptist but since then the Kingdom is taught

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:33 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Jerusalem was destroyed.
Who says???...

Old 01-31-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jeremiah:

30.Behold, days are coming, says the Lord, and I will form a covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, a new covenant.

31.Not like the covenant that I formed with their forefathers on the day I took them by the hand to take them out of the land of Egypt, that they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, says the Lord.

32.For this is the covenant that I will form with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will place My law in their midst and I will inscribe it upon their hearts, and I will be their God and they shall be My people.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:40 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,611,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Is there a verse you have in mind for supporting the idea that the veil being rent ended the first covenant?
Matthew 27:51 says that clearly.
You may enjoy reading this thread also:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...acrifices.html

Old 01-31-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Matthew 27:51 says that clearly.
You may enjoy reading this thread also:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...acrifices.html
Interesting...Those are Christian sites describing Jewish thought...Hmmm...

Old 01-31-2016, 05:10 PM

589 posts, read 332,185 times
Quote:
Gamaliel is mentioned in Acts.

This is an interesting quote below from the Tal because it exemplifies not only the rift occuring
between "Christianity" and "Judaism" (Christians believing the covenant extended with Christ
as Messiah, others who remained constructed Judaism as we know it. It's an astonishing quote
on many historical levels involving the nature of what remained in Judiasm, and its eventual
characteristics which set it apart from Christianity.

"When he died, the honour of the Torah (the law) ceased, and purity and piety became extinct."
CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Gamaliel

"when he died the honor [outward respect] of the Torah ceased, and purity and piety became extinct"
Soṭah xv: 18
Gamaliel - Conservapedia
GAMALIEL I. - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Jerusalem was destroyed.
carnal nature perhaps?

Old 01-31-2016, 05:21 PM

589 posts, read 332,185 times
who go t the wound with the sword and did live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity