Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 01:03 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
This would be an example of you using really strange sounding language that is completely unbiblical. I have no idea what exactly you mean by this. Sure...it sounds spiritual..but what verse exactly are you referring to? Or are you just trying to speak generally about God?

When did he say that? Because if you read the text, you'll see the promise that he would make Abraham the father of a great nation.

Genesis 12:2: " And I will make you a great nation,
And I will bless you,
And make your name great;
And so you shall be a blessing;"

Notice he says 1 "nation". That's singular. Not plural.

I've had enough conversations with you to realize that you're really good at speaking half-truths, pulling verses out of context and using them to say things that aren't in the Bible. And what's funny is then you criticize me for not believing as you do.
He called him a father of many nations before he was. How hard is that for you to understand ?. You Pastor, are an unbeliever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 01:12 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,929,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So is annihilation.

We are not mortals, we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Not a single mortal can prove your post. In Genesis it teaches---the breath of life is what gives a person life--not a spirit being inside of one--And a soul can be killed by mortals.(Joshua 11:11)

Ashes to ashes--dust to dust.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,228,653 times
Quote:
He called him a father of many nations before he was. How hard is that for you to understand ?. You Pastor, are an unbeliever
Now you're calling me an unbeliever. That's grand.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
You asked for a verse for that before you edited your post, only an unbeliever would ask that

Answer this simple question was Abraham a father of many nations when God said I have MADE(not going to make you) you a father of many nations ? Yes or no ?.

As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations."

God, who is quickening the dead, and is calling the things that be not as being.

You are a doubting Thomas at best, sorry that is not faith. Faith says my redeemer lives before it sees the evidence . In other words it is a done deal even though the natural evidence says the exact opposite. Abraham called himself a father of many nations BEFORE he WAS . In your eyes that is down right dishonesty.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
He is only proving what I told Eusebius earlier.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:20 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,999,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's not just one person. Like I said I assumed he is a universalist because he shares the same attitude towards those he disagrees with. In my mind such behavior is practically synonymous with universalists. Raving against others is common behavior among universalists. I see it here every day, so I am not making it up. Why do you think CARM had to close down the forum? It was because of the anger and insults brought in by the universalists. They have a lot of resentment for others, and it is quite unfortunate indeed.

No, I do not think it is sinful to speak about my observations.
Finn, quit trying to deflect blame. Universalists didn't make a statement to what you said about your friend being killed.
I can do the same thing as you if I want. This one Christian minister was found out to be a murderer. Therefore you and all who follow your persuasion are murderers? Is that how you want to play this game?

Face it Finn, you need to repent of falsely accusing ones for whom Christ died. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Let him do his job and quit helping him.

So you blame the Universalists for having the one Carm board shut down and you think it is okay to lie about Universalists? Where's the hypocrisy!!!!????

Old 02-06-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He is only proving what I told Eusebius earlier.
You are an unbeliever too, you would have challenged everything Jesus said with" where does it say that in the bible?, and "teach me something spiritual that cannot be already found in the bible" . i am not a universalist anymore than you are a baptist so can you please stop lumping everyone to be a universalist just because they offend your beliefs, and because they see right through your religion.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Finn, quit trying to deflect blame. Universalists didn't make a statement to what you said about your friend being killed.
I can do the same thing as you if I want. This one Christian minister was found out to be a murderer. Therefore you and all who follow your persuasion are murderers? Is that how you want to play this game?

Face it Finn, you need to repent of falsely accusing ones for whom Christ died. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Let him do his job and quit helping him.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:23 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,999,699 times
Quote:
You asked for a verse for that before you edited your post, only an unbeliever would ask that

Answer this simple question was Abraham a father of many nations when God said I have MADE(not going to make you) you a father of many nations ? Yes or no ?.

As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations."

God, who is quickening the dead, and is calling the things that be not as being.

You are a doubting Thomas at best, sorry that is not faith. Faith says my redeemer lives before it sees the evidence . In other words it is a done deal even though the natural evidence says the exact opposite. Abraham called himself a father of many nations BEFORE he WAS . In your eyes that is down right dishonesty.
Rom 4:17 according as it is written that, A father of many nations have I appointed you - facing which, he believes it of the God Who is vivifying the dead and calling what is not as if it were -"

It is one thing to be appointed a father of many nations and quite another to actually be one at that time.
At the time God told Abraham that, he was not the father of many nations. He hadn't had a son yet through which Jacob would come and then Isaac who would be called Israel through whom the 12 tribes of Israel would come. The nations later, through faith, thousands of years later became sons of Abraham through faith.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Rom 4:17 according as it is written that, A father of many nations have I appointed you - facing which, he believes it of the God Who is vivifying the dead and calling what is not as if it were -"

It is one thing to be appointed a father of many nations and quite another to actually be one at that time.
At the time God told Abraham that, he was not the father of many nations. He hadn't had a son yet through which Jacob would come and then Isaac who would be called Israel through whom the 12 tribes of Israel would come. The nations later, through faith, thousands of years later became sons of Abraham through faith.
You would agree that God speaks from accomplishment . So when he says his word accomplishes that for which it is sent out for, it is as good as done ?. faith speaks from accomplishment . It is not I will be healed but I am healed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity