Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 10:53 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,033,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The only anti-Christ spirit that exists in these latter days is the one prophesied for the majority. 2000+ years after Christ is well beyond any conception those primitive minds would have had of "latter days." So clearly we are in those latter days and the majority today follow a barbaric apostate anti-Christ doctrine of penal substitution to appease a wrathful God with blood sacrifice. Jesus revealed a God who IS agape love and unambiguously demonstrated that agape love despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. He smote no one. He even loved and forgave His torturers and murderers because they "knew not what they did" i.e. were ignorant!

Despite His numerous calls for His followers to love God and each other every day and repent when they didn't, we perverse humans preferred to believe magical "precepts and doctrines of men" and accept the barbaric notion of blood sacrifice as central to Christ's Gospel. Nothing could be further from the truth. All who believe in the anti-Christ blood sacrifice instead of Christ's demonstrated agape love for God and each and every one of us are in spiritual trouble, period.
I always enjoy being reminded about ignorant ancestors and agape love. . But blood sacrifice as central to the gospel is a new one on me. My view is that things went wrong in the garden and we ended up with blood shedding from the get go. Heck, we were even intended to be vegetarians - I've tried it, but my faith is weak in that area. I reckon sexual sin occurred in the garden, hence why Cain was called the seed of Satan. Hence, at some point perfect blood was required to fix the problem. God might not have liked sacrifices, but after a few thousand years, plus the unknown time of things going awry in the garden, He was stuck it. The question is did Jesus have to die? I think the answer is Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 02:12 PM

While we're on this, there is an anointing on singing about the blood of Jesus - God is not shy of using the blood of His precious Son to bring conviction to people. Here's a couple of songs that do it for me:

http://youtu.be/eaASM4KZVzU

I was going to paste a link to a fairly smokin version of 'Nothing but the blood' by Keith and Kristyn Getty (and all their Nashville possie) but the link doesn't work in UK. However, here's another of theirs:

http://youtu.be/IhagIEvFR5A

Would you be free from your passion and pride? Amen! I would. There is power in the blood of the lamb.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:40 PM

64,035 posts, read 40,340,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
Enquiring minds would love to hear what a person possessed by an antichrist spirit such as you are, has to say about those who believe the Bible is the Living Word of God?
Fair enough
Quote:
The only anti-Christ spirit that exists in these latter days is the one prophesied for the majority. 2000+ years after Christ is well beyond any conception those primitive minds would have had of "latter days." So clearly we are in those latter days and the majority today follow a barbaric apostate anti-Christ doctrine of penal substitution to appease a wrathful God with blood sacrifice. Jesus revealed a God who IS agape love and unambiguously demonstrated that agape love despite horrendous scourging and crucifixion. He smote no one. He even loved and forgave His torturers and murderers because they "knew not what they did" i.e. were ignorant!

Despite His numerous calls for His followers to love God and each other every day and repent when they didn't, we perverse humans preferred to believe magical "precepts and doctrines of men" and accept the barbaric notion of blood sacrifice as central to Christ's Gospel. Nothing could be further from the truth. All who believe in the anti-Christ blood sacrifice instead of Christ's demonstrated agape love for God and each and every one of us are in spiritual trouble, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
precisely what does "living word" mean in relation to the Bible?
The Bible is fixed and static ("written in ink") and there is nothing living about it. Only Jesus is the Living Word of God.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I always enjoy being reminded about ignorant ancestors and agape love. .
Ignorance is simply a lack of accurate knowledge and that describes our ancestors perfectly. There is nothing pejorative about it.
Quote:
But blood sacrifice as central to the gospel is a new one on me. My view is that things went wrong in the garden and we ended up with blood shedding from the get go. Heck, we were even intended to be vegetarians - I've tried it, but my faith is weak in that area. I reckon sexual sin occurred in the garden, hence why Cain was called the seed of Satan. Hence, at some point perfect blood was required to fix the problem. God might not have liked sacrifices, but after a few thousand years, plus the unknown time of things going awry in the garden, He was stuck it. The question is did Jesus have to die? I think the answer is Yes.
Blood sacrifices of innocents to appease a wrathful God are BARBARIC and utterly primitive acts. There is no sense, rhyme or reason behind such absurd beliefs. The fact that such a barbaric idea has survived into the 21st century is a testament to the superstitious ignorance of humanity.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:50 PM

So you wouldn't agree with 1 John 1:7, that the blood of Jesus has cleansed you from all sin?

Old 02-17-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Ignorance is simply a lack of accurate knowledge and that describes our ancestors perfectly. There is nothing pejorative about it.Blood sacrifices of innocents to appease a wrathful God are BARBARIC and utterly primitive acts. There is no sense, rhyme or reason behind such absurd beliefs. The fact that such a barbaric idea has survived into the 21st century is a testament to the superstitious ignorance of humanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
So you wouldn't agree with 1 John 1:7, that the blood of Jesus has cleansed you from all sin?
That what Jesus did for us involved His shedding blood to the brutality of our ignorant ancestors is not the point. It was NOT required by God to appease Him. That is preposterous and barbaric. God knew it would happen. Jesus knew it would happen and they allowed it to gove us an unambiguous demonstration of God's true nature.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,720,299 times
I see the Babble continues on as it always has. I don't find time to stop by here much anymore, but now and then I do have a spare moment. I don't know what all the arguing is about. Jesus didn't spend much time arguing with anyone that I recall reading about. I wonder why his followers love to do it so much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tm6MHChCWQ

Old 02-17-2016, 07:02 PM

598 posts, read 360,019 times
Quote:
The Bible is fixed and static ("written in ink") and there is nothing living about it. Only Jesus is the Living Word of God.
It is not hard to see why you hate the Word of God in the Bible, it proves you to be a liar and a member of the tail of the dragon made up of false prophets teaching lies to the children of God causing them to loose the inheritance they could have had if they had not followed after your kind

This is why there is no proof of you worshipping God in Spirit and in truth…………. because there is no truth in you

Otherwise, and just as Jesus said, there would be signs and wonders following your ministry. But there are none because all you teach is lies

This is you………..

Re.12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth[
: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Isaiah 9:15 The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:17 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,133,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
It does not surprise me that you would call upon a Jew who denies Jesus is the Christ and the Messiah, as someone who speaks the truth to Christians here at city.com Christian forum
Prove from the Scriptures that he was the Messiah that G-d told His Chosen People to expect....

Old 02-17-2016, 07:32 PM

20,461 posts, read 12,854,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I see the Babble continues on as it always has. I don't find time to stop by here much anymore, but now and then I do have a spare moment. I don't know what all the arguing is about. Jesus didn't spend much time arguing with anyone that I recall reading about. I wonder why his followers love to do it so much?
We argue because of nonsense like this.

Quote:
That what Jesus did for us involved His shedding blood to the brutality of our ignorant ancestors is not the point. It was NOT required by God to appease Him. That is preposterous and barbaric. God knew it would happen. Jesus knew it would happen and they allowed it to gove us an unambiguous demonstration of God's true nature.
The scripture is clear. We are redeemed by the blood of Christ.

Matt. 26:28

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. -Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity