Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 12:46 AM

63,951 posts, read 40,245,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
As far as the OP - humans have always been humans, and not mixed breed with animals.
Not necessarily. First off, none of the timelines in the Bible have any basis in linear chronological time as we use it today. They simply did not think about time in that way. The stories are just about things that happened in our past, but not necessarily in the order presented and certainly not with the timelines inferred using cited genealogies. Many of the stories could reference very, very early stages in our human evolution. It is possible that the real sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was that of actual adultery - sex with animals - probably at a time when this could produce horrific "adulterations" of our species.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 02:41 AM

9,697 posts, read 10,048,563 times
Neanderthal compared to homo sapiens are like a donkey to a horse , as these were different species , some liberals like to see their ancestor as a monkey

Old 02-12-2016, 02:55 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,623,204 times
easy, if true, the bible did not describe the process in detail. the rock record does and it is the only thing written in god own hand writing.

god created man through evolution.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:04 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,524,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Neanderthal compared to homo sapiens are like a donkey to a horse , as these were different species , some liberals like to see their ancestor as a monkey
Oh good grief. Here we go again. Evolution is not a political belief, it's science. And no evolutionist believes our ancestors are monkeys. I wish that those who are so passionately against evolution could actually get the science right, or even close.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:22 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,031,591 times
I believe the bible record is specific about the adamic period, for a reason. It has something to say about the mankind that was made in Gods image. And the creatures discussed made 'according to their kinds'. For homosapiens, what the absolute truth of that is Im not entirely sure, but it probably has something to do with the law of sin and death and the law of the spirit of life in Jesus, that displaces the law of sin and death, unto our perfection, when we return to God. Are those laws unique to the adamic period - maybe that is the question, that there can be a 'salvation' during this adamic period of souls from sin and death. It's not insignificant that Jesus appearing at 'just the right time' is in the adamic period, which as it looks now is extremely short compared with the longevity of earth and the universe. Therefore, we are small and God is truly massive, and got plenty more creations up his sleeve - Star Wars always had it right - In a galaxy, far, far, away.

Nothing against Neanderthals, of course. I'm sure their spirits returned to God, as do cats and dogs. Every created thing, spirit, has its place and will eventually give glory to God, with as much of its individuality and being as it can practicably do.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:12 AM

440 posts, read 379,023 times
Quote:
I don't think so. From the evidence it is believed the Neanderthals were most likely as intelligent as modern human beings. It is likely that they were able to speak not as sophisticated as we can but relatively close.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ans-scientists

Old 02-12-2016, 08:58 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,944,335 times
Quote:
You just proved you have NO concept of what evolution is. Your scientific illiteracy and ignorance is stellar.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:21 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika783 View Post
Just curious, I know nobody can know the mind of God, etc. But I was reading this article "http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/02/11/466224456/science-hunts-for-clues-to-human-health-in-neanderthal-dna" and thought to myself, were these Neanderthal people in every way the same children of God as Homo sapiens? Or were they soul-less in the same way as many people believe animals are? I suppose having 1-6% of Neanderthal DNA wouldn't make me any less human, but what about 50%, as, presumably, those first mixed children were. And if they were in every way like us, what of those other species like Homo erectus, etc? When did humans acquire souls?
Most, like Ken Ham, would say science is WRONG and that Neanderthal either was not HUMANOID or that Neanderthal was just a few years before Christ and ran with the T-Rex and Abraham..remeber the T-Rex is a vegetarian...

Old 02-12-2016, 12:56 PM

689 posts, read 550,816 times
Quote:
Just curious, I know nobody can know the mind of God, etc. But I was reading this article "http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/02/11/466224456/science-hunts-for-clues-to-human-health-in-neanderthal-dna" and thought to myself, were these Neanderthal people in every way the same children of God as Homo sapiens? Or were they soul-less in the same way as many people believe animals are? I suppose having 1-6% of Neanderthal DNA wouldn't make me any less human, but what about 50%, as, presumably, those first mixed children were. And if they were in every way like us, what of those other species like Homo erectus, etc? When did humans acquire souls?
Who cares. You should ask the evolutionists how this should be reconciled though, in terms of common ancestry.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:02 PM

88,741 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
I've been instructed that there is a difference between soul and spirit - that only humans possess souls which are then divided between heaven and hell. Hence, no cats in heaven.
I ain't goin', then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity