Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 06:59 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times

Advertisements

o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
There are at least 100 complete Neanderthal skeletons, including the one buried in the cave at Shanidar with identifiable pollens from plants still used as medicines in the area. Yup, the Neanderthal were the first to bury their dead with flowers.
Because flowers have a way of coming back, despite harsh winters, droughts, floods, and appearing dead.

They hoped thus for their stopped friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 07:33 PM

88,741 posts, read 85,121,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
o

Because flowers have a way of coming back, despite harsh winters, droughts, floods, and appearing dead.

They hoped thus for their stopped friends.
Interesting perspective, Trout.

The character that Jean Auel made out of this burial in The Clan of the Cave Bear is the Clan's medicine woman, and the plants are her tools of the trade to take with her into the next world.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,249,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Interesting perspective, Trout.

The character that Jean Auel made out of this burial in The Clan of the Cave Bear is the Clan's medicine woman, and the plants are her tools of the trade to take with her into the next world.
Yes, I very much enjoyed her first book in that series.

Wish I could say likewise for the rest.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:32 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,945,607 times
Quote:

I actually liked all of them, other than the last one which was vapid I thought. The series was an interesting spin on civilization, population migrations, science, medicine and religions.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:31 PM

440 posts, read 379,074 times
I remember I once read that the myth about trolls could have originated from the encounters between modern humans and the Neanderthals.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:03 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,945,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
I remember I once read that the myth about trolls could have originated from the encounters between modern humans and the Neanderthals.
What that same one some middle eastern woman was trying to explain a magical pregnancy to her husband?

Old 02-21-2016, 03:49 PM

10,074 posts, read 4,999,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika783 View Post
Just curious, I know nobody can know the mind of God, etc. But I was reading this article "http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/02/11/466224456/science-hunts-for-clues-to-human-health-in-neanderthal-dna" and thought to myself, were these Neanderthal people in every way the same children of God as Homo sapiens? Or were they soul-less in the same way as many people believe animals are? I suppose having 1-6% of Neanderthal DNA wouldn't make me any less human, but what about 50%, as, presumably, those first mixed children were. And if they were in every way like us, what of those other species like Homo erectus, etc? When did humans acquire souls?
Right, we can Not know the mind of God, but we can know the mind of Christ. - 1st Corinthians 2:16 B; 3:23
Science keeps advancing, but there is some ' junk ' DNA teachings out there.
As far as people go, according to Scripture, there are No soul-less people, nor soul-less animals
Please notice Numbers 31:28 because it mentions animals as being souls.
Adam only became a living soul, or person, ' after ' God breathed the breath of life into life-less Adam - Gen. 2:7
So, Adam did Not have a soul, Adam did Not possess a soul, rather Adam was a soul or was a person.
When Adam died ' all ' of Adam ' returned to the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
Adam simply went from non-life, to life, and went back returning to non-life.
Adam sinned, and the soul that sins dies - Ezekiel 18:4,20. The mortal soul can be destroyed - Acts 3:23
All the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' - Psalm 92:7

Old 02-21-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:

I even liked the second and the third. After that it just sort of slowly fizzled.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I actually liked all of them, other than the last one which was vapid I thought. The series was an interesting spin on civilization, population migrations, science, medicine and religions.
Those books sent me off to learning about herbal medicines and reading further about ice age archeology and the humans who lived then. I went to the Museum of Natural History in the city (NY) just to see the artifacts from what is now Ukraine.

Remember in The Mammoth Hunters they build a longhouse out of mammoth bones? Well, they had a model of that structure, which she incorporated into her story, plus bone tools and other items from the site. So cool.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:53 PM

28,124 posts, read 30,052,176 times
Quote:
If it lives, it possesses spirit.
Yes!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity