Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 06:04 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,627,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
This question might be better suited for the political forums but I'm very curious about your perspective: at what point do you believe the child in the womb has its own body and potentially its own rights and where do you draw the line if anywhere? As left as I am on most issues, I think there needs to be some lines drawn because I feel like the liberal argumentation gets weaker the later into the pregnancy we go.

For example, First trimester abortions I don't think can realistically have laws against it. For most if not all of that trimester the fetus has no feeling of pain and it is complety unviable. We also cannot legislate when we think the "soul begins to exist" because thats a religious based argument. In the second Trimester, this get a bit more questionable because while the fetus is still completely unviable, it starts looking more human with beating heart and there maybe evidence that it has enough nerve endings to feel pain. I'm not sure what the laws should be here, but perhaps a little more strict than current. In the the Third trimester, things start getting ridiculous for the abortion argument unless the mothers life or health is in danger. The fetus is now viable for a good part of the trimester, it has complete feeling and is a close to full size baby. Late term abortion procedures often include dismemberment of the fetus or even literally sucking its brains out which can't be too comfortable and sounds like something that came out of a horror film that makes the Saw series look like a bunch of disney films (sorry to be so graphic).

I don't know if you are a supporter of late term abortions in all cases but if you are please read the following: I remember a scene from the movie 300 where it shows how supposedly the Spartans held a newborn over a cliff while looking for imperfections and if it had any, it would be thrown off the cliff. Aside from the fact that the baby is still in the womans body, what is really the difference between what the spartans did and late term abortion? Is the fact that the baby is still in the womans body really justification for allowing such procedures?
It is not my place to judge another woman's reproductive choices. That woman does not need my approval, or my condemnation. It is not my place to deny her what is legally her decision.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
It is not my place to judge another woman's reproductive choices. That woman does not need my approval, or my condemnation. It is not my place to deny her what is legally her decision.
Many things are legal, and yet wrong, so it is not just a legal question, but a moral one, and no one is asking for your approval, you are offering it freely, as if you want to be on the record saying you are fine with the killings.

Old 02-18-2016, 05:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Many things are legal, and yet wrong, so it is not just a legal question, but a moral one, and no one is asking for your approval, you are offering it freely, as if you want to be on the record saying you are fine with the killings.
Many things are labeled wrong by moralists that is no one else's business but the participants.
MORALS are an arbitrary designation designed to control the masses while allowing the elite to exploit the proletarians.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:01 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,627,495 times
Quote:

Approval? At no point did I approve of anything. It is not my place to approve of another woman's reproductive decisions. I do not judge those decisions.

Let me make my self clear, Finn. I neither approve nor disapprove of another woman's reproductive healthcare choices. Men seem to think they can insert themselves where they are not wanted.

You are not the guardian of pubic morals. You have no power, and I rejoice.

God has no issue with my views.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:03 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Horse hockey. He is a vile murderer, killing billions of innocents.

Yes, fundamentalists are.

They decry killing "babies" unless their godling says it's a-ok. Then they can cheerfully bash the babies' brains out on rocks.
Or let them go hungry because the food program has been cut, or die from lack of medical care because they rejected universal health care, or die from abuse because they have eliminated the department of human services, or mental health care has been closed because some jerk-water USA governor says there is no such thing as mental illness...

Yet they will go to ANY extreme to "protect" a fetus so it can group to do the masters' bidding, fight the masters' wars and work the masters' industrial complex creating wealth for the masters' family.

Then they say NO pension for you--NO social security for you--NO Medicare for you

They want the fetus to serve the masters' from BIRTH to DEATH with nothing but STRIFE and POVERTY in-between.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:31 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The God you believe in isn't . I am disturbed by folk being eternally tormented innocent or guilty for ever and ever and ever and ever.
now now pcamps ... be consistent for rodgertutt, Eusebius and stay UR musical chair word game correct.

It's not --- "for ever and ever and ever and ever".

It's -------" ages of ages"
YLT: "the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages" ~ NT Jesus

YLT: "the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone,
where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night
-- to the ages of the ages
." ~ NT Jesus

Old 02-18-2016, 09:04 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
now now pcamps ... be consistent for rodgertutt, Eusebius and stay UR musical chair word game correct.
......and they shall be tormented day and night
-- to the ages of the ages." ~ NT Jesus

Let's be consistent with attributing quotes: The Revelation of John, a vision.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:30 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,228,653 times
Quote:
The Game of Thrones is the most followed TV series in history. It is running for 6th season, and there are over 150 million followers who insist it is a fantastic story.

A friend recommended it, and we gave it a try and found it was vile with graphic sex scenes, incest, sexual violence, extended gay/lesbian sex scenes, rape, torture, unimaginable violence, demons & dragons, worship of imaginary gods etc. You name it, its in there. And that was just the first few hours.

I have to ask myself how extreme violence, and sexual perversions could possibly be the most successful TV show ever? Why do today's people hunger for such entertainment?
I can honestly say I've not watched more than 10 minutes of the very first episode. I got that free on Amazon and wanted to see what it was about.

You ask why is it popular? It's simple, really.

Romans 3:10-18

"“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave;
they use their tongues to deceive.”
“The venom of asps is under their lips.”
14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”"

Old 02-18-2016, 10:34 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I can honestly say I've not watched more than 10 minutes of the very first episode. I got that free on Amazon and wanted to see what it was about.

You ask why is it popular? It's simple, really.

Romans 3:10-18

"“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave;
they use their tongues to deceive.”
“The venom of asps is under their lips.”
14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”"
Or maybe it's just an entertaining story - very much like those in the bible.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:55 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,384,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Sadly, I kind of anticipated this very type of response which would completely sidestep the biggest points made about it not just being solely about her reproductive health in late term. I only hope you will ponder the real moral and logical implications of what I've written above. As a man, I can't pretend to make reproductive decisions about a womans health but I can vouch to protect a fully developed late term infant from getting "This is Sparta'd!" when the womans life or health his not at risk...come on fellow moderates and liberals, lets draw some lines that make sense here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity