Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 12:46 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's faith.
Which means that you have no verifiable evidence at all...absolutely nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 01:06 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
What about all the books that were thrown out?
While I don't want to mock those that are led by what is a subjective concept based on spiritual conviction rather than actual proof, i.e. faith, I DO think it rather a stretch to believe that God actually inspired the Bible collators to select only the 'correct' books for the New Testament Canon. God-inspired authors might be one thing, but God-inspired collators, publishers, interpreters, etc.? Could any of us on this forum be God-inspired? Or, did this particular 'gift of God' cease once the Bible was compiled? And, WHICH Bible?

Old 04-10-2016, 06:52 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Almost no one, certainly not educated people, would serve a god with no evidence.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:08 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
2,000 plus years into the future... who has verifiable evidence?

Today, all we have have are opinions and guesses of what took place. The first hand eyewitness testimony is in the Bible. That's the best you are going to get.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:52 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Almost no one, certainly not educated people, would serve a god with no evidence.
they do have evidence enough to convince themselves. it just comes from a different part of the brain.

Old 04-10-2016, 11:13 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Your brain has NADA to do with your spiritual rebirth, they are not the same spirit, and THAT is the evidence that no man can have without repenting of their dead works/sins, and once had, that NO MAN can take away. Peace

Old 04-10-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Your brain has NADA to do with your spiritual rebirth, they are not the same spirit, and THAT is the evidence that no man can have without repenting of their dead works/sins, and once had, that NO MAN can take away. Peace
I don't understand that. It seems foreign to me that the brain would not be involved in everything a person does. Can you explain what you are saying?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't understand that. It seems foreign to me that the brain would not be involved in everything a person does. Can you explain what you are saying?

Are you aware of your spirit? Yet you know you have one, because your still breathing. Your spirit leaving your body, means you died.

It's the same way with His Spirit, once it begins to consume your spirit by the washing of the Word by which it is renewed. Adam walked with G-d in the cool (means His breath, which is Spirit) of the day. When we receive His Spirit after repenting from our dead works/sins, then are baptized into His Spirit, then we too can walk with G-d just as Adam did before the fall. It's all about restoration back to what man had before the fall.

Your brain has nothing to do with it, it only gives you the ability to understand on a very natural level of existence. The Spirit can show you much more than your brain can perceive. Your brain is like a servant. Peace

Old 04-10-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Are you aware of your spirit? Yet you know you have one, because your still breathing. Your spirit leaving your body, means you died.

It's the same way with His Spirit, once it begins to consume your spirit by the washing of the Word by which it is renewed. Adam walked with G-d in the cool (means His breath, which is Spirit) of the day. When we receive His Spirit after repenting from our dead works/sins, then are baptized into His Spirit, then we too can walk with G-d just as Adam did before the fall. It's all about restoration back to what man had before the fall.

Your brain has nothing to do with it, it only gives you the ability to understand on a very natural level of existence. The Spirit can show you much more than your brain can perceive. Your brain is like a servant. Peace
Thank you for your explanation. That gets into the whole nature of consciousness, which is entirely over my head anyway. I still don't understand how you perceive without use of the service of the brain.

I can agree with you mostly about the whole fall of man. I don't believe there ever was a fall. I believe we were tricked into believing there was. Does that count?

Old 04-10-2016, 12:19 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We do what Jesus instructed us to do - test the Spirit against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). That is the absolute standard of God's truth as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. Under the New Covenant, Jesus abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love. We do not need anyone to teach us. But we need to be sincere enough to look into our hearts in agape love, NOT overwrite what is there with the "precepts and doctrines of men" about what religion says we should find there.
Amen to that and again I say Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity