Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 07:06 PM

108 posts, read 105,103 times

Advertisements

I want our son to know Him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 07:54 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,604,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forenzavue View Post
A three year old will only understand what he experiences. And there is your answer.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:36 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,035,363 times
Talk about Him like YOU know Him. Children mimic parents, much less than understanding why they're doing what they're doing, in the early years. Therefore bringing a child up in the 'way they should walk' is through demonstration mainly - helping them to unconsciously construct a model of how things are, with persuasion here and there, where it benefits them to make sense of it and think for themselves.

On this second part, my wife and I have kept something from our son because it's a bit freaky, but the other evening I decided to tackle it with him, because he is probably old enough to accept other facets of the faith model of how things are., I've been explaining to our 7 year old just the other night BY NECESSITY!, about Generational curses, because he is oblivious to the fact that he has waking dreams, where he is 'not himself' - he is confused and scared in them, and is downright afraid of us offering to pray with him. He says stuff like, "don't pray for me" and urgently holds his hands out like a 'stop / talk to the hand' gesture. A wrong fear of God and Jesus is lodged in his soul for some reason. When I've explained it to him the other day I put my hand on his head and said, "you know in here that Jesus is kind and good, don't you", then I touched his chest and said, " but in here you're afraid of Him". He nodded his head and his eyes had that wide eyed 'how the hell do you know that!?" look. LOL! ...because we've seen it when he's been asleep! That look he gave me has put a huge smile on my face, because it confirms that explaining it to him, has got him to understand his own soul and spirit a little bit more. As for dealing with the blocker, whatever it is, we will get to the bottom of it, in time, praise God. We are wondering if it has come down the bloodline from my wife's side (most of the crazy stuff is on her side, LOL) and if it is yoked with or aided by a religious Spirit, which is first and foremost resistant to being free in the Holy Ghost (my parents in law are Christians (Brethren background) and resistant to the gifts, as for today). Just in the last few days, my wife has been having a building sensing in her own body, of similar fear responses / reaction to my 'greater'/more expressed freedom in the HG, though she knows there is nothing TO fear. So, my wife, bless her, may be able to significantly 'break the legal link / tie', (for our son) when we have a crack at it some time.

God is cleaning up the bloodline by bringing people into awareness of Generational curses and how to break them. Mainly by repenting from wrong thinking and attitudes, or stuff that a previous ancestor has done, I e. Vicarious / representation repenting.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 04-21-2016 at 09:08 PM..

Old 04-21-2016, 10:43 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,604,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Talk about Him like YOU know Him. Children mimic parents, much less than understanding why they're doing what they're doing, in the early years. Therefore bringing a child up in the 'way they should walk' is through demonstration mainly - helping them to unconsciously construct a model of how things are, with persuasion here and there, where it benefits them to make sense of it and think for themselves.

On this second part, my wife and I have kept something from our son because it's a bit freaky, but the other evening I decided to tackle it with him, because he is probably old enough to accept other facets of the faith model of how things are., I've been explaining to our 7 year old just the other night BY NECESSITY!, about Generational curses, because he is oblivious to the fact that he has waking dreams, where he is 'not himself' - he is confused and scared in them, and is downright afraid of us offering to pray with him. He says stuff like, "don't pray for me" and urgently holds his hands out like a 'stop / talk to the hand' gesture. A wrong fear of God and Jesus is lodged in his soul for some reason. When I've explained it to him the other day I put my hand on his head and said, "you know in here that Jesus is kind and good, don't you", then I touched his chest and said, " but in here you're afraid of Him". He nodded his head and his eyes had that wide eyed 'how the hell do you know that!?" look. LOL! ...because we've seen it when he's been asleep! That look he gave me has put a huge smile on my face, because it confirms that explaining it to him, has got him to understand his own soul and spirit a little bit more. As for dealing with the blocker, whatever it is, we will get to the bottom of it, in time, praise God. We are wondering if it has come down the bloodline from my wife's side (most of the crazy stuff is on her side, LOL) and if it is yoked with or aided by a religious Spirit, which is first and foremost resistant to being free in the Holy Ghost (my parents in law are Christians (Brethren background) and resistant to the gifts, as for today). Just in the last few days, my wife has been having a building sensing in her own body, of similar fear responses / reaction to my 'greater'/more expressed freedom in the HG, though she knows there is nothing TO fear. So, my wife, bless her, may be able to significantly 'break the legal link / tie', (for our son) when we have a crack at it some time.

God is cleaning up the bloodline by bringing people into awareness of Generational curses and how to break them. Mainly by repenting from wrong thinking and attitudes, or stuff that a previous ancestor has done, I e. Vicarious / representation repenting.
Have you ever considered the Grace of God Thru Christ?

There is much freedom in that place.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:50 AM

Everyday my friend, every day.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:46 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,578,585 times
There are many books and videos that teach children about Jesus. Go to a Christian book store and they can help you. Start at the level they can understand.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:02 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,036,821 times
ffs.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
ffs.
lol!

Old 04-23-2016, 04:30 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,625,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
There are many books and videos that teach children about Jesus. Go to a Christian book store and they can help you. Start at the level they can understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forenzavue View Post
I recommend this book

Or this one.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:55 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,913,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the last amalekite 1sam15 View Post

Or this one.
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity