Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 08:10 PM

741 posts, read 445,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Th OP had a thread in which he kept a running tab on the number of people he thought had gone to hell. I think this is more about an obsession with hell, which many extremists have, then Prince's religion.
They don't want hell to be a false teaching. Hell only works if you can convince others that people actually go there.

Prince is not in hell. He's dead. He will live again. “there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.”—Ac 24:15.

Only a poisoned heart is denied life. I am not convinced that Prince's heart was wicked. I'm not judge of such things, but if Prince is counted as a wicked person....I think mankind as a whole is a goner. I'm happy that God doesn't rely on the judgements of men.

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 04-23-2016 at 08:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 08:22 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,894,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Just how did "he live like the Devil"?
He enjoyed life too much. If that weren't enough, he brought too much joy to other people's lives.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:23 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,247,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
he enjoyed life too much. If that weren't enough, he brought too much joy to other people's lives.
O.M.G! The horror!

Old 04-23-2016, 08:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
They don't want hell to be a false teaching. Hell only works if you can convince others that people actually go there.
Bingo.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:42 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
He enjoyed life too much. If that weren't enough, he brought too much joy to other people's lives.
I must really have been out of the loop for the past 20-some years based on the posts I'm reading here. No offense to Prince at all but I'd barely heard anything of him since around 2002. I had no idea that he was still around until I heard about his death on TV. Still, it's always somewhat a tragedy when someone dies in an untimely manner. So, out of respect I will add my RIP to Prince.

Incidentally, as per the OP and according to Seventh-day Adventist doctrine (which they DO get from the Bible), Prince is presently 'sleeping' until Resurrection Day.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:39 PM

88,701 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Just how did "he live like the Devil"?
Well, if you recall from the Charlie Daniels song, the devil is a musician...

Old 04-24-2016, 03:10 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,090,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I must really have been out of the loop for the past 20-some years based on the posts I'm reading here. No offense to Prince at all but I'd barely heard anything of him since around 2002. I had no idea that he was still around until I heard about his death on TV. Still, it's always somewhat a tragedy when someone dies in an untimely manner. So, out of respect I will add my RIP to Prince.

Incidentally, as per the OP and according to Seventh-day Adventist doctrine (which they DO get from the Bible), Prince is presently 'sleeping' until Resurrection Day.
But he was a JW....

Old 04-24-2016, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What the heck is your beef with the artist formerly known as Prince? The man is dead. I live in the Twin Cities and it has been the only thing on the news and radio since it happened. Not once has someone thought to define him as a Jehovah's Witness. The guy was raised an Adventist so the JW thing is a lateral move. He probably had no idea he was raised in a cult so when the next one came at him he was easy pickings. How is what you are doing judging him to try and figure out where God sent him any different from the JW religion you claim as false? How is it any of your business? Are you an Adventist or something so you think he is an apostate? What is your claim to this situation?

So what? You will be with your cronies talking about how he died unsaved and in a Kingdom Hall another group of people will be talking about how he died faithful. Your all a bunch of aholes so what's the difference?
Oh, snap!!!...

Old 04-24-2016, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Unless a miracle happened in the last few moments, he's in hell. You can't live like the devil and expect God's paradise when your time is up.
Hmmmm...Nope....You have the concept of Hell all wrong...

Old 04-24-2016, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
In other words: the Society maintains that Jesus' crucified body has to stay dead so Michael can be an angel again. But that's not the only reason the Society gives for keeping Jesus' crucified body perpetually deceased.

Another explanation is given on page 237 of the April 15, 1963 issue of the Watchtower magazine; where it's stated:

"If Jesus were to take his body of flesh, blood, and bones to heaven and enjoy them there, what would this mean? It would mean that there would be no resurrection of the dead for anybody. Why not? Because Jesus would be taking his sacrifice off God's altar."

But the Bible says that were Jesus' crucified body still dead, then God would have no basis upon which to justify letting people off.

†. Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered up for the sake of our trespasses and was raised up for the sake of declaring us righteous.

†. 1Cor 15:17 . .Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you are yet in your sins.

If perchance Prince went out believing Christ's crucified body is still dead; and its remains squirreled away somewhere on earth in a condition and a location known only to God; then he went out an unforgiven man. I don't think I have to tell you what that means.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
What does it mean?....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity