Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 PM

11,086 posts, read 6,030,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
We constantly hear about these so-called "fleshly desires" that will condemn one to hell. Would someone mind explaining the difference between the oft parroted unnatural "fleshly desires" and one's natural and bible-approved "sexual desires"? We really do need to get the two differences clear in our minds so that it doesn't just sound like religious rhetoric, which - ahem - it really does.

Since you use the term 'fleshly desires' often, sc, how about a lucid explanation as to the difference between 'legit' sexual desires and 'non-legit' sexual desires?
That's gonna make their heads explode!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 11:32 PM

63,968 posts, read 40,253,710 times
Quote:
We constantly hear about these so-called "fleshly desires" that will condemn one to hell. Would someone mind explaining the difference between the oft parroted unnatural "fleshly desires" and one's natural and bible-approved "sexual desires"? We really do need to get the two differences clear in our minds so that it doesn't just sound like religious rhetoric, which - ahem - it really does.
Since you use the term 'fleshly desires' often, sc, how about a lucid explanation as to the difference between 'legit' sexual desires and 'non-legit' sexual desires?
It depends ENTIRELY on your selfish state of mind at the time and whether or not anyone is being hurt or harmed by them, directly or indirectly.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:45 PM

6,805 posts, read 2,936,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It depends ENTIRELY on your selfish state of mind at the time and whether or not anyone is being hurt or harmed by them, directly or indirectly.
Okay. But doesn't that beg the question as to how scgraham, Jeff, Vizio and company seem to be able to determine which is which and who should attain heaven or be sent to hell for practicing one or the other? They DO seem to know!

You do realize that I'm sorta 'funning' with scgraham, don't you? He comes across as being so 'holier-than-thou' that he deserves a few 'being shot in the foot moments' to take the wind out of his sails. Not that anything will, I fear.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,953,864 times
Quote:
Okay. But doesn't that beg the question as to how scgraham, Jeff, Vizio and company seem to be able to determine which is which and who should attain heaven or be sent to hell for practicing one or the other? They DO seem to know!

You do realize that I'm sorta 'funning' with scgraham, don't you? He comes across as being so 'holier-than-thou' that he deserves a few 'being shot in the foot moments' to take the wind out of his sails. Not that anything will, I fear.
So you think that jeffbase and scgraham ate two different people?

Old 06-28-2016, 06:49 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,758,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
This is true. If Jesus existed, I love the man. If he never existed, I love the idea of the man.

A poor, radical, man. His story is told from the view point of the poor, sick, and marginalized.

His story was not enough, for others. They had to embellish.
And a man who was firmly against sinful behavior. You might want to pay attention to his words.

“What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.â€

- Jesus Christ

Old 06-28-2016, 07:29 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,628,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
And a man who was firmly against sinful behavior. You might want to pay attention to his words.

“What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.â€

- Jesus Christ
I am not capable of sinful behavior, little brother. I believe Mathew missed the mark when he did not write about whining. Make that endless whining.

You do have a delightful overactive imagination though. I loved the whole there will be floggings and public executions in Texas for Christians.

Will that be before or after session?

There is nothing wrong with sensuality. Something pleasing to the senses. Taste, touch, smell, sound, sight, intuition. Unless you are dead, you are sensual.

I do not envy you, I do not slander you, I am not proud of you. Your foolishness is well documented.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:50 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,456,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
Nothing phonier than a living sinner judging the sins of other sinners. What does it feel like to have such a false sense of security? Jeff you have no idea what sins will commit in the future. Jeff, it is not looking good for you, as you sin every year, month, week, and day. Your judgment of others is moot.
While I agree we should not judge the sins of others, the Bible clearly does.

It recognizes we all sin, like it or not, and the standard of God's judgement is repentance and turning from each particular sin, not saying "we all sin so what can I do?". The Bible is actually pretty clear on what to do.

Willful sinners are judge adversely by God until/if they repent and quit that sin.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:57 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,628,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
While I agree we should not judge the sins of others, the Bible clearly does.

It recognizes we all sin, like it or not, and the standard of God's judgement is repentance and turning from each particular sin, not saying "we all sin so what can I do?". The Bible is actually pretty clear on what to do.

Willful sinners are judge adversely by God until/if they repent and quit that sin.

What Jeff fails to realize is; he has no place in that relationship.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am not capable of sinful behavior, little brother. I believe Mathew missed the mark when he did not write about whining. Make that endless whining.

You do have a delightful overactive imagination though. I loved the whole there will be floggings and public executions in Texas for Christians.

Will that be before or after session?

There is nothing wrong with sensuality. Something pleasing to the senses. Taste, touch, smell, sound, sight, intuition. Unless you are dead, you are sensual.

I do not envy you, I do not slander you, I am not proud of you. Your foolishness is well documented.
Oh you do plenty of slander. So you disagree with Jesus? Well then you are not a Christ follower. Maybe you're an atheist. I can't keep you people straight anymore. You all have the same condescending rhetoric.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
Nothing phonier than a living sinner judging the sins of other sinners. What does it feel like to have such a false sense of security? Jeff you have no idea what sins will commit in the future. Jeff, it is not looking good for you, as you sin every year, month, week, and day. Your judgment of others is moot.
Judging is a phony word that is toss around and used as a crutch by arguments like this. Judgement involves a call for punishment, directly calling out a person and condemning them. I have done none of this. Stating a general belief about sin and its nature is not judging. If you take offense to that then it probably means you've done something wrong and are angry at the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity