Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,939,403 times

Advertisements

Hey, jeffbase, are you wondering why the scgraham persona got exactly the same reception your jeffbase posts do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 10:55 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,411,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It is to evil Jeff. He just doesn't realise that, if there is any god, his card is clearly marked for the... 'I never knew you' camp. Hell! I've got more chance of getting into 'heaven' than Jeff has!
I don't think Jeff is evil. His posts on here scream for attention. My guess: he needs the validation of his own worth confirmed by having people notice him. It doesn't matter if the attention he receives is positive or negative, as long as it doesn't stop. Maybe he's afraid he will disappear, otherwise.

Jeff, you matter. But there are better ways to be in this world then the way you are choosing at the moment.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:58 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,411,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Hey, jeffbase, are you wondering why the scgraham persona got exactly the same reception your jeffbase posts do?
Ooooh ... scbase/jeffgraham. That makes perfect sense.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:21 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I never said it was. You just have to be born again. And your new nature will be quite anti-sin too.
Oh Jeff please, quit with the anti sin, if that's all you have you have nothing. Research what righteousness is, then seek after it, you'll never worry about sin again. Your new nature if it's quickened in you is God conscious not sin conscious.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:21 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,748,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
One must really CHANGE their perception and acquire a NEW POV...Focusing on ANGER and HATE is simply an outdated OT personality too many have attributed to a draconian GOD...

Might I suggest imitating JESUS and practicing LOVE, MERCY, and COMPASSION in place of HATE, BIGOTRY and OPPRESSION???

Just a suggestion...
Jesus did not LOVE SIN. Was Jesus a BIGOT when He told the prostitute to go and sin no more? According to your reasoning, HE was!

Old 06-28-2016, 11:37 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
Nothing but condescending mockery and behind that mockery is venom.
Well, I'll admit to being confused on whether you are addressing Ronkon's posts or mine but....no matter. I agree with Pleroo. You matter. I believe you matter because you have life. I believe you matter because you are a much-loved child of God. As we all are.

p.s. There's a reason I urge you to go to a ballgame with your friends....it will help you escape the negativity of the internet. No one can be happy when they are immersed in posting about sin and disease. God will not be upset if you ignore other people's sins for a few hours, concentrate on your own happiness and enjoy a plate of nachos and a ballgame.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:43 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
Who quits committing a particular sin? Do you think your buddy Jeff never commits the same sin more than once? Sin is habitual. Jeff is not God, and has no reason to judge other sinners. Jeff has no idea if people repent, and it is none of his business. Does the phrase,"let he who is without sin, cast the first stone," sound familiar?
Hi,

Jeff is not my buddy.

Committing the same sin again and again is different than sinning in different ways at times. Being involved in fornication again and again is something a person can stop, ditto murder, habitual lying, stealing, etc.

However I also agree we are not to judge others (Unless you are called for jury duty), that is in God's hands, not ours. We can help people avoid or quit sinning, out of love.

We can avoid association with such, just as we might have children avoid really bad people who may hurt them.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:52 AM

11,058 posts, read 6,009,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Oh Jeff please, quit with the anti sin, if that's all you have you have nothing. Research what righteousness is, then seek after it, you'll never worry about sin again. Your new nature if it's quickened in you is God conscious not sin conscious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, I'll admit to being confused on whether you are addressing Ronkon's posts or mine but....no matter. I agree with Pleroo. You matter. I believe you matter because you have life. I believe you matter because you are a much-loved child of God. As we all are.

p.s. There's a reason I urge you to go to a ballgame with your friends....it will help you escape the negativity of the internet. No one can be happy when they are immersed in posting about sin and disease. God will not be upset if you ignore other people's sins for a few hours, concentrate on your own happiness and enjoy a plate of nachos and a ballgame.
Jeff, do you not see that people here are actually reaching out to you? The folks here recognize that you are not a bad person. They actually care about you.

And there is not a drop of venom in either Dew's or Ronko's heart's.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:53 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,748,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If you are claiming that we are the same person then that would be a lie.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:58 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,623,512 times
Quote:
Nothing but condescending mockery and behind that mockery is venom.
Nonsense. I own everything I say. I do not back track either. I love you little brother, and it grieves me at times, but it does not change that fact.

Now for a new joke. Just for you. A real groaner.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the gay mans house.

????? What?

Knock, knock

Who's there.

Chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity