Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:51 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,307,035 times

Advertisements

The Rev. Earl Simone, 75, was accused of stealing more than $1.9 million from St. Peter Catholic Church in Huber Heights. He had been the pastor at the church from 1992 until March 2015.

Christian Pastor sentenced for $2 MILLION theft

I know, there is no way this thief is a christian, because a christian would never do this...yet how do we know when a pastor does a good deed, they are not secretly an Atheist?

Because only christians can do good deeds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 07:08 PM

45,760 posts, read 27,404,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I know, there is no way this thief is a christian, because a christian would never do this...yet how do we know when a pastor does a good deed, they are not secretly an Atheist?

Did you get a promotion to judge and jury?

Old 05-04-2016, 03:00 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,064,678 times
See there was no conviction of sin to the witness of Jesus Christ , so it shows that this church had more roots into the world than faith in Christ , as these rental properties for the money taken should have be donated to Jesus Church here and never a personal property ....................There are many churches which have no faith in Jesus Christ which they support no missionaries , and evangelical work for the plans of Jesus which would be the witness of evidence of Holy spirit

Old 05-04-2016, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did you get a promotion to judge and jury?
Still waiting for the pay upgrade...

So you are saying he is not guilty and being railroaded?

Again, maybe we should shut down the courts and just let people be people?

Or are you saying evangelicals get to judge those who do what is perceived as good works, but no one gets to condemn the guilty who are christian?

Did not Christ also "judge" the acts and beliefs of others?

John 14:12King James Version (KJV)

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Is not calling out another's sin the christian thing to do? Does not the church stand in judgement of others every Sunday? Unless of course it is someone who has WEALTH and STATUS and their 10% represents 60% of the weekly tithing.

Isn't the church being judge and jury when they condemn the LGBTQ community?
When they turn their back on divorce and adultery (or the church actually participates in the LGBTQ community or commit adultery? my bad, that is HYPOCRISY!)

Old 05-04-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Still waiting for the pay upgrade...

So you are saying he is not guilty and being railroaded?

Again, maybe we should shut down the courts and just let people be people?

Or are you saying evangelicals get to judge those who do what is perceived as good works, but no one gets to condemn the guilty who are christian?

Did not Christ also "judge" the acts and beliefs of others?
I am just speaking to your statement that there is no way he is a Christian. You don't know that - unless you know him and his testimony personally. Christians do get off track and sin... it could be a small sin, or a large sin.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:46 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,273,434 times
The one in our community that had everyone talking? A local church had a fire that caused extensive damage and insurance didn't cover all the rebuilding costs. The church's senior warden headed up the fundraising drive for the new roof and repairs.

The money then disappeared. The senior warden was arrested for embezzlement. When the guy's picture hit the local paper, dancers at the local strip joint called the police, reporting that he had stuffed the funds into their panties and garter belts over the past several months. Evidently, he was a quite generous tipper. Of course it was all cash that had been spent by the time the girls figured out what happened. But, just as Christ understood that prostitutes and tax collectors were worthwhile individuals to the chagrin of the pharisees of His day, so these dancers were more upright and moral than the leader of a church.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:46 AM

Christ wants those who follow Him to behave as He would - so that the world will know who His followers are, and ultimately we will do His works on the earth.

When believers get caught up in sin, then we look no different than the rest of the world. Christ can not do His work through us. Outsiders doubt the power of Christ.

Sin has no effect on one's eternal status. However, it does affect our fellowship with Him.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:08 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,246,539 times
Quote:

Do you really believe that? I don't know anyone that does.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Do you really believe that? I don't know anyone that does.

Then you either ignore many of the evangelical postings here on city-data or a liar?

But real christains do no evil?

Old 05-04-2016, 09:20 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,246,539 times
Quote:
Then you either ignore many of the evangelical postings here on city-data or a liar?

But real christains do no evil?
Of course we do evil. I've never suggested that Christians don't sin. Of course we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity