Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 01:22 PM

741 posts, read 445,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Probably will be people in both camps.

I do think we tend to overlook the judgment seat of Christ... we have no idea of its severity. And if Christ suffered the way He did, who knows what that means for us when our time comes. We will be saved in the end - that doesn't mean our judgment will be easy.
We will be tested but he does not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can endure. (1 Cor 10:13) Jesus will certainly take into account that he himself was an exceptional person. I'm more worried about the seemingly not-so-severe challenges. The tests that don't seem it would be so bad to ignore but quickly lead to a much larger disaster. Isn't that exactly what happened to many ex-followers of God through out history and still happens today?

Last edited by 2Timothy316; 05-17-2016 at 01:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 02:28 PM

45,643 posts, read 27,260,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post
We will be tested but he does not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can endure. (1 Cor 10:13) Jesus will certainly take into account that he himself was an exceptional person. I'm more worried about the seemingly not-so-severe challenges. The tests that don't seem it would be so bad to ignore but quickly lead to a much larger disaster. Isn't that exactly what happened to many ex-followers of God through out history and still happens today?
I don't believe any of that has to do with a future judgment of believers.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:45 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,816,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
It appears the spirit of Babylon ( spirit of compromise) is gaining ground within society via media,educators ( especially philosopher agnostics in universities, a few nuts upset with prayer managed to eliminate prayer in schools and even influenced the Supreme Court. The debate over the definition of marriage, The growing intolerance of perceived evil by we who abide by the bible is quickly resulting in initial mockery then persecution, the threat of incarceration, and fines. The government in it's mimmic of Marxist political correctness is causing us to lose our blessing our so-called country under God. As we quasi- mimmic the ancient Assyrians who gave themselves up to idols and immorality the consequences via Gods potential judgments can be devastating . ISIS also has acquired the spirit of the Assyrians and perhaps the post flood nephilim spirits . Perhaps the "return" to the demonic days of Noah has led to the signs creeping into the world and pangs prophecied. The coming Harbingers is like sitting on a powder keg . Maybe as Christians we will go through a few years of Tribulation if pre-trib proves misinterpreted ? So be "prepared"
lambs!!.
Amen

Old 05-17-2016, 04:17 PM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times
What would a Christian say if all the monuments of the Ten commandments were taken away? We have seen those ten commandments taken many times, but what would a Christian say of this when they really don't believe in the ten commandments?

The Sabbath for instance, God has a set Sabbath that he ordained himself. God promised the gentile if he would keep God's Sabbath that even he would not be counted out of the inheritance of Israel and be given a name better than sons or daughters.

I am sure God will make good on his promise.

But why would a Christian oppose the ten commandments being taken down when most do not keep the ordained Sabbath of God?

Old 05-17-2016, 04:25 PM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Washington is built after the God's of Babylon and Egypt, and while many would say,'' what happened to our nation under God,'' I don't see it that way.

What are the ways of Babylon and Egypt?

Tammuz is the name of the Babylonian Messiah and his name will never change, who are the people who keep the religion of Tammuz, his Sabbaths, his feasts, and his traditions?

If I wanted to find people walking in the spirit of Babylon who keep his Holy days, I wouldn't look to,'' . The government in it's mimmic of Marxist political correctness is causing us to lose our blessing our so-called country under God. As we quasi- mimmic the ancient Assyrians who gave themselves up to idols and immorality the consequences via Gods potential judgments can be devastating . ISIS also has acquired the spirit of the Assyrians and perhaps the post flood nephilim spirits.''

I would look to the people who actually keep the Holy days, traditions and rituals of Babylon.
{whoever they are, not pointing no fingers, but somebody is out there keeping the religion of Tammuz alive.}

Old 05-17-2016, 04:29 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,816,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Washington is built after the God's of Babylon and Egypt, and while many would say,'' what happened to our nation under God,'' I don't see it that way.

What are the ways of Babylon and Egypt?

Tammuz is the name of the Babylonian Messiah and his name will never change, who are the people who keep the religion of Tammuz, his Sabbaths, his feasts, and his traditions?

If I wanted to find people walking in the spirit of Babylon who keep his Holy days, I wouldn't look to,'' . The government in it's mimmic of Marxist political correctness is causing us to lose our blessing our so-called country under God. As we quasi- mimmic the ancient Assyrians who gave themselves up to idols and immorality the consequences via Gods potential judgments can be devastating . ISIS also has acquired the spirit of the Assyrians and perhaps the post flood nephilim spirits.''

I would look to the people who actually keep the Holy days, traditions and rituals of Babylon.
{whoever they are, not pointing no fingers, but somebody is out there keeping the religion of Tammuz alive.}
They cut stone with a force of strangeness.

The Lord said to Moses, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, You have seen that from the heavens I have spoken with you.
You shall not make [images of anything that is] with Me. Gods of silver or gods of gold you shall not make for yourselves.
An altar of earth you shall make for Me, and you shall slaughter beside it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your cattle. Wherever I allow My name to be mentioned, I will come to you and bless you.
And when you make for Me an altar of stones, you shall not build them of hewn stones, lest you wield your sword upon it and desecrate it.
And you shall not ascend with steps upon My altar, so that your nakedness shall not be exposed upon it.' "

Then said Jesus unto him,
Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:21 PM

18,251 posts, read 16,949,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
This "fire and brimstone" nonsense has been preached ever since the beginning of the colonization of this country - and yet God has seen fit to make this country THE #1 military and THE #1 economy in the world - plus the U.S. has NEVER been nor will it ever be a theocracy.

If you find the U.S. such a horrible place to live, then maybe you should move to a theocracy - like Iran, Saudi Arabia, or some other country to your liking.
Hey, it's NOT living in a theocracy that gives Mike the right to believe he IS living in a theocracy. But shhhhhhhh....don't tell him this is a democracy.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:34 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
#1 military? That's funny; America hasn't won a war since WWII. You're on the downside of the mountain now; the valley is just ahead.
It isn't wars that we lose, it's the peace that follows which we lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity