Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 07:36 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
God doesn't shut up about sin, the Holy Spirit doesn't shut up about sin, why should we?

And why does it offend you so much?

John 16:8-11 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Don't sear your conscience when it comes to sin, it's Gods tool to brings sinners to Christ and to keep saints humble and dependant on Him. The only one who will wanna use it to destroy us is satan, but God uses it to put His grace and love on display for such wretches as we are.
Sin is not what you and the rest of the fundies keep banging on about. It's unbelief(which fundamentalists live in), simple as that. The message of Jesus Christ was never a one time believe in me and you've booked your ticket to heaven and you are now seen by him white as snow. The message is you are white as snow and your unbelief is what causes you to stray from your true being.

I do not give a second thought to sin anymore than I would to the arrows that miss the bullseye that I'm aiming at, my eye would remain steadfastly on hitting the bullseye and my ears would remain deaf to the judgement of fundamentalists saying he's missed again. The day I hit the bullseye is the day I see myself as he is.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-05-2016 at 08:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 07:37 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,267,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Why do you continually seek to tear the Bible down? Obviously, it's a mission of yours. At least atheists are honest about their disdain for the Bible. So, as I said to mightyqueen, you have neither lot nor part in this matter. This may be an open forum, but it doesn't pertain to you, as your words are hollow to those who believe.
Why do evangelical cultists seek to IDOLIZE the bible, even above the status of Christ?

YOU neither have NEITHER lot, part or RIGHT in this matter. STEP back & STAND DOWN and let JESUS do the witnessing. YOUR words are perversion of the TRUTH to those who trust and and the words cause Jesus to CRY..

Old 06-05-2016, 08:01 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,954,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why do evangelical cultists seek to IDOLIZE the bible, even above the status of Christ?

YOU neither have NEITHER lot, part or RIGHT in this matter. STEP back & STAND DOWN and let JESUS do the witnessing. YOUR words are perversion of the TRUTH to those who trust and and the words cause Jesus to CRY..
The truth has you squirming. Jesus didn't deny the Scriptures like you. He loved His Father and His Word, even to the death.

[31] Then he [Jesus] took unto him the twelve [disciples], and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
[32] For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
[33] And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

The Bible is His Word, and it's got you stirred up to the point where you have set out to tear it down. But, you're wasting your time. The Word of the Lord endures forever -- just as it is written.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:50 AM

18,513 posts, read 9,193,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Somebody made up that story and it became an Early Christian Urban Legend.
Just like the resurrection story. And the feeding of the 5000. And the turning of water into wine...

Old 06-05-2016, 02:58 PM

88,696 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
You have neither lot nor part in this matter, as your heart is set upon tearing down the Bible truth.
My heart is set on exposing those who elevate written words to equality with God, making them an idol to which they sacrifice intelligence and compassion.

Fortunately, some self-righteous, hate-filled Bible-worshiping schmoe on an Internet message board doesn't get to decide the condition of my heart even though he has apparently appointed himself to that position.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:58 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times
Quote:
The truth has you squirming. Jesus didn't deny the Scriptures like you. He loved His Father and His Word, even to the death.

[31] Then he [Jesus] took unto him the twelve [disciples], and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
[32] For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
[33] And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

The Bible is His Word, and it's got you stirred up to the point where you have set out to tear it down. But, you're wasting your time. The Word of the Lord endures forever -- just as it is written.
Then why do you think the Law has been abolished?...

Old 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sin is not what you and the rest of the fundies keep banging on about. It's unbelief(which fundamentalists live in), simple as that. The message of Jesus Christ was never a one time believe in me and you've booked your ticket to heaven and you are now seen by him white as snow. The message is you are white as snow and your unbelief is what causes you to stray from your true being.

I do not give a second thought to sin anymore than I would to the arrows that miss the bullseye that I'm aiming at, my eye would remain steadfastly on hitting the bullseye and my ears would remain deaf to the judgement of fundamentalists saying he's missed again. The day I hit the bullseye is the day I see myself as he is.
Do you remember Carrie?...Her crazy mother beating because she had a period and calling her a sinner, whe probably didn't break any of G-d's Laws, but in her crazy fundamentalist mind, she did, just because she had a period...I think Graham should change his handle to "Mrs. White"...

Old 06-05-2016, 03:15 PM

88,696 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Do you remember Carrie?...Her crazy mother beating because she had a period and calling her a sinner, whe probably didn't break any of G-d's Laws, but in her crazy fundamentalist mind, she did, just because she had a period...I think Graham should change his handle to "Mrs. White"...

"After the first time, before we were married, Ralph promised never again. He promised, and I believed him. But sin never dies. Sin never dies. At first, it was all right. We lived sinlessly. We slept in the same bed, but we never did it. And then, that night, I saw him looking down at me that way. We got down on our knees to pray for strength. I smelled the whiskey on his breath. Then he took me. He took me, with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I liked it!"

Old 06-05-2016, 04:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
"After the first time, before we were married, Ralph promised never again. He promised, and I believed him. But sin never dies. Sin never dies. At first, it was all right. We lived sinlessly. We slept in the same bed, but we never did it. And then, that night, I saw him looking down at me that way. We got down on our knees to pray for strength. I smelled the whiskey on his breath. Then he took me. He took me, with the stink of filthy roadhouse whiskey on his breath, and I liked it. I liked it!"
MQ, you're going to give these good Christian folks a case of the vapors!

Old 06-05-2016, 04:48 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,267,786 times
What is with all this clinging to the past?
Attached Thumbnails
The Wages of Sin is Death - Jesus' Early Church Proved It-sandlin_christian_ancient.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity