Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 06:18 AM

1,146 posts, read 651,061 times

Advertisements

Recent events in central Florida have brought before the nation the vigorous hatred of the Muslim religion. If there are any remaining doubts about Islamic intentions toward American culture they ought to be answered today. Yet the focus by media and politicians is upon guns and not those who use them.

What is not generally published to the nation is the attitude of those who attend clubs in the Orlando area. Young ladies and young me like to attend gay clubs here even though they are personally straight. The gay clubs are more fun than straight ones because straight clubs are filled with "unsavory types" who like to hit on the ladies and start fights with the young men. It is not uncommon for violence in the form of fights and minor assaults to break out in a straight club - not uncommon at all. People who just want to have a fun evening tend to gravitate toward the gay clubs and away from the straight clubs. This is not generally published to the nation, although I do not doubt the same atmosphere and contrasts exist elsewhere in the nation. This is not to condone the gay lifestyle at all. It is submitted here as a simple statement of fact. There is no politics involved, just a pleasant and safe evening - until now anyway.

"But when the forbidden months are past [Ramadan], then fight and slay the idolators wherever ye find them, and take them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor due, then leave their way free."
The Glorious Qur'an Surah 9.5

The above is famous in Islam because it is called the verse of the sword. It justifies murder in the name of Islam. Unfortunately as we have seen this past weekend, those who use Islam to justify their hatred seldom have a working knowledge of their own holy book. I have worked with Muslims personally and can attest to their lack of knowledge and insight into their own religion. They do what they want to do because they've been persuaded otherwise.

The media and our politicians will now use the events in Orlando to blame guns and gun owners. In truth the blame is upon radical Islam. That phrase won't be used and in the bloody litany of mass murder the events in Boston and on 911 won't be included because these were certified Muslim attacks. None of them used guns, but that has been forgotten in the attempt to remove the ability of citizens to defend themselves against attack. Are Muslims behind this lack of memory? I think it's a possibility.

I believe those who suffered the Muslim attack in our Florida city deserve our compassion. Muslims deserve restrictions if only to reduce the liklihood that something like this won't happen again. Unfortunately our leaders seem predisposed to give them a bye on things like this. No doubt something like this will happen again because our leaders have their own agenda which does not include public safety - only restrictions against our ability to defend ourselves.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 06-13-2016, 06:33 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,894 times
You feed your own frenzy of hatred.

You share the beliefs of every other fundamentalist ideologue. You stand behind them, and encourage their hatred of your LGBTQ brothers and sisters. When something terrible happens, you raise up your hands, and claim innocence.

I see you. God sees you.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:39 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,073 times
Just imagine. If guns weren't available to every Tom, Dick, and Harry wacko, then this crap wouldn't happen.
I WISH that EVERY gun was taken away from EVERY person in this country. What a way to make America Great Again.
When Jesus Christ returns, not a single person on this planet will ever own a gun again. They will be relegated to museums to show the people of the future just how primitive and ignorant the people in the past really were.
If He were to return today, I wonder how long it would take for some ignorant conservative to shoot Him for His liberal, anti-gun preachings.
...but that is just me hollerin' from my lounge chair.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Just imagine. If guns weren't available to every Tom, Dick, and Harry wacko, then this crap wouldn't happen.
I WISH that EVERY gun was taken away from EVERY person in this country. What a way to make America Great Again.
When Jesus Christ returns, not a single person on this planet will ever own a gun again. They will be relegated to museums to show the people of the future just how primitive and ignorant the people in the past really were.
If He were to return today, I wonder how long it would take for some ignorant conservative to shoot Him for His liberal, anti-gun preachings.
...but that is just me hollerin' from my lounge chair.

Our founders used muskets. I think only muskets should be street legal.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
He wasn't your average Tom or Dick, he was a security guard with a special firearms licence, similar to one which police officers have.

Quote:
Disarming security guards and police would make America great only for criminals.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He wasn't your average Tom or Dick, he was a security guard with a special firearms licence, similar to one which police officers have. Disarming security guards and police is not a good idea.
According to his first wife, he was a Dick.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:59 AM

16,729 posts, read 15,734,882 times
There was already a thread about this topic in the Religion & Spirituality forum when this one was started.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...spectives.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity