Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 10:25 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Now now,Moderator cut: Orphaned it is your biases, prejudices and views of the bible I have no time for. I read the scriptures daily. Please quote what Jesus said was is source. From this post of yours you believe he said your bible was his source , so come on cough up the scripture that states this.

Do you have a scripture to back up your claim or not ?.

First of all, I don't lie, so that comment must be the Word is a mirror principle at work here. What I said was He used the scriptures to defeat Satan in the wilderness. And you are trying to remove the Spirit from the scriptures, ignoring the fact that the Father wrote that which Yeshua used. Meaning it was Spirit breathed, His breath, which is why it says that man cannot live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of G-d. Since G-d is a Spirit, what proceeds from His mouth is also Spirit. Yeshua knew this, why don't you?

Again, you are off topic, just trying to pick a fight, which is what you do. Peace

Last edited by june 7th; 07-22-2016 at 03:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 01:28 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Without the proper foundation, the anointing/Spirit has nothing to walk upon, nothing to perform, no witness. And without a witness, your heaven and your earth cannot come into agreement/covenant. Which means, you've broken covenant, and we are told what happens to covenant breakers, they stay outside. Peace
The Spirit is the foundation..in the beginning God (God is Spirit). He is the source, our go to our all in all and by the anointing within we are able reach the source of all things. God says look to him, bible fundamentalists because they do not know him says look to the bible. You need the bible along with all fundamentalists because you don't know him, it's as simple as that.
Quit limiting God to your beliefs about the bible and you might begin to see the light of the truth that will set you free from the bible(as well as sin) that has an hold over you.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
First of all, I don't lie, so that comment must be the Word is a mirror principle at work here. What I said was He used the scriptures to defeat Satan in the wilderness. And you are trying to remove the Spirit from the scriptures, ignoring the fact that the Father wrote that which Yeshua used. Meaning it was Spirit breathed, His breath, which is why it says that man cannot live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of G-d. Since G-d is a Spirit, what proceeds from His mouth is also Spirit. Yeshua knew this, why don't you?

Again, you are off topic, just trying to pick a fight, which is what you do. Peace
You lied when you said I despised the scriptures.

You also vehemently have been defending the bible to be a source. Beginning with this post below. I disputed this, that Jesus said his Father was his source and you kept coming back at me making the bible to be the source. The post below is from page 18.

Quote:
Some of us had faith to believe the Word of G-d from the beginning. Mostly because I shut out everyone who had an opinion and went directly to the Source. You clearly don't have what it takes to do that, which is a desire for TRUTH above all else. You'd rather sit and chime in with opinions with no substance or foundation. Well, a man with an argument is never at the mercy of a man with an experience.

Of course it's babble to you. Only spiritual males can understand spiritual things, and as I pointed out, you're still a female. Peace

Old 07-21-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You lied when you said I despised the scriptures.

You also vehemently have been defending the bible to be a source. Beginning with this post below. I disputed this, that Jesus said his Father was his source and you kept coming back at me making the bible to be the source. The post below is from page 18.

How is it a lie? If you didn't despise them, you wouldn't be anti-bible, and telling me I need to be set free of it! Who's the liar?

Thanks for posting my comment, though, now I see where you are getting that. You misunderstood what I said. I said I went to the Source, as in the One who wrote the book, when I said I got rid of everyone such as yourself, who are only interested in their brand of "truth", and closed myself off with HIM and HIS book, and as I have posted before, asked HIM to teach me because His scriptures said He would do so, and I believed Him.

If you knew Him, you wouldn't despise His book, or tell people they need to be set free of it. I believe this conversation is over. As I have been repeatedly saying, all you are interested in is someone to fight with, as you have made post after post about me instead of the thread topic. Peace

Old 07-21-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
How is it a lie? If you didn't despise them, you wouldn't be anti-bible, and telling me I need to be set free of it! Who's the liar?

Thanks for posting my comment, though, now I see where you are getting that. You misunderstood what I said. I said I went to the Source, as in the One who wrote the book, when I said I got rid of everyone such as yourself, who are only interested in their brand of "truth", and closed myself off with HIM and HIS book, and as I have posted before, asked HIM to teach me because His scriptures said He would do so, and I believed Him.

If you knew Him, you wouldn't despise His book, or tell people they need to be set free of it. I believe this conversation is over. As I have been repeatedly saying, all you are interested in is someone to fight with, as you have made post after post about me instead of the thread topic. Peace
I'm anti(not despising, for I despise no one because it's anti Christ to do so) bible fundamentalist beliefs that for the best part are not only unscriptural but anti Christ spirit too. I read the scriptures daily, apply them to my life, but I know there is something far greater than them within me and that is where I go to buy without money.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Some of us had faith to believe the Word of G-d from the beginning. Mostly because I shut out everyone who had an opinion and went directly to the Source. You clearly don't have what it takes to do that, which is a desire for TRUTH above all else. You'd rather sit and chime in with opinions with no substance or foundation. Well, a man with an argument is never at the mercy of a man with an experience.

Of course it's babble to you. Only spiritual males can understand spiritual things, and as I pointed out, you're still a female. Peace
The scripture says that God desires truth in the inward parts ... Do you see where the scripture is pointing to where the truth is ?. You see the word of truth is in all mankind it just needs watering to cause an increase. Now condemning folk for being sinners or pointing out sin is far from watering and causing an increase, it's a violent storm that destroys that which is precious in the sight of God.

But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.

Of cause this is babble to you because you have placed the bible in an unhealthy place that it should never be, you built it up just like the Tower of Babel was, built and lauded high as if saying you believe 100% of it you reach heaven.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:47 AM

8,002 posts, read 12,310,784 times
Thread needs to resume getting back on topic....

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2016, 07:08 AM

6,826 posts, read 2,951,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Thread needs to resume getting back on topic....

Thanks!
Will do. Pentecostal 'tongues' are fake. 1. The first book of Corinthians describes a church in turmoil. The 'tongues' referred to in that book are the languages of many nations that, when spoken by many at the same time, created much confusion. There is nothing 'supernatural' about foreign languages. 2. 'Tongues' as used in 1 Corinthians are found NOWHERE else in subsequent Pauline books. Something unique to the City of Corinth was in play here. 3. "Tongues of angels" as spoken of by Paul was pure hyperbole. There is no such reference to 'tongues of angels' anywhere else in scripture. 4. There are those who believe that prayer in ANY language is merely speaking into the air. Be that as it may, prayer in 'babble form' is CERTAINLY speaking into the air.

'Charismatic tongues' and other bizarre behavior are no more than unadulterated nonsense.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:37 PM

23,275 posts, read 10,574,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Will do. Pentecostal 'tongues' are fake. 1. The first book of Corinthians describes a church in turmoil. The 'tongues' referred to in that book are the languages of many nations that, when spoken by many at the same time, created much confusion. There is nothing 'supernatural' about foreign languages. 2. 'Tongues' as used in 1 Corinthians are found NOWHERE else in subsequent Pauline books. Something unique to the City of Corinth was in play here. 3. "Tongues of angels" as spoken of by Paul was pure hyperbole. There is no such reference to 'tongues of angels' anywhere else in scripture. 4. There are those who believe that prayer in ANY language is merely speaking into the air. Be that as it may, prayer in 'babble form' is CERTAINLY speaking into the air.

'Charismatic tongues' and other bizarre behavior are no more than unadulterated nonsense.

1 Corinthians 7

''Now concerning the things you wrote unto me.''

The Corinth church wrote two letters to Paul and Paul was very disappointed in what they wrote and he begins to quote them and then to mock them for what they said.

It's extremely difficult to separate the words of Corinth from the words of Paul. He quotes them and often it looks like he is speaking until he begins to rebuke them for what they had said.

1 Corinthians 14

26What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. 27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.
29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. 33For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.
34Women[SIZE=4][/SIZE]should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

36 WHAT? Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?

Verse 36 is a stern rebuke against something that the Corinthian church made up themselves.

So what was it?

Where did it begin?

Where did Paul begin quoting them before he sternly rebukes them saying, ''WHAT? Did the word of God come to you only?''

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-22-2016 at 12:52 PM..

Old 07-22-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

Yeah, everybody present speaking in their native languages would definitely be a big thing that G-d would want to prophesy that He was going to do in Joel several hundred years before it happened. What a laugh. Have you naysayers ever considered pressing the playback buttons in your heads before you repost your irrational nonsensical programming from sources who have never experienced it anymore than you have? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity