Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2016, 08:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
How in the WORLD do you perceive LOVE as WORK or works? You have some of the strangest notions I have ever seen, frankly and I can't believe you are getting them from any kind of serious student of the Bible. That wildly improbable interpretation of the parabler of the Good Samaritan is only one example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Then why did Jesus tell them they were practicing lawlessness, when they told Him what they were doing?
Jesus told us that He was giving us a "New Commandment," to love one another...,and that love fulfilled the Law. What would you call it if those people operated without love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 10:26 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Very true: And without faith it is impossible to please God
Jesus disagrees.
1 Corinthians 13:13
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:11 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times
Quote:
You have avoided answering this question---When they told Jesus what they were doing, why did Jesus say they were practicing lawlessness?

Until you answer that question, don't expect any more replys from me.
Can you quote the post where you asked me this question and then can you answer all the questions that are beginning to back up which you haven't answered. You're giving your true identity away with some of the stuff you are posting on this thread

Old 09-23-2016, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Jesus told us that He was giving us a "New Commandment," to love one another...,and that love fulfilled the Law. What would you call it if those people operated without love?

I told Omega (who i think is Vizio because they both say the exact same things to me(and me only), that i would answer his question if he posted where he actually asked me the question about lawlessness that he claimed i never answered, i am sure i will be waiting forever

Here is what i had pasted ready to post to him.

If we are not abiding in love we are are practicing lawlessness, is that so hard to comprehend?

Old 09-23-2016, 06:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times
Quote:
This is not about works.
No, it is not, and it is also not what the people he mentions believe. It is a shame some people make a hobby out of misrepresenting the beliefs of others.

The answer to the question (why the men were not allowed in) is repeated over and over and over in the Bible.

The New Testament repeats some 200 times we are saved through faith.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"

"When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit"

"Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire"

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death"

"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might"

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-23-2016 at 06:25 AM..

Old 09-23-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it is not, and it is also not what the people he mentions believe. It is a shame some people make a hobby out of misrepresenting the beliefs of others.

The answer to the question (why the men were not allowed in) is repeated over and over and over in the Bible.

The New Testament repeats some 200 times we are saved through faith.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life"

"When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit"

"Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire"

"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death"

"They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might"
Finn Jarber there is no one worse than you for misrepresent on others. Tell me who are the people doing miracles, casting out demons and prophesying that Jesus said practiced lawlessness.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:32 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,997,679 times
Quote:
Answer the question.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
can you quote the post where you asked me this question and then can you answer all the questions that are beginning to back up which you haven't answered. You're giving your true identity away with some of the stuff you are posting on this thread
why did jesus say to those who told him what they were doing in his name say they were practicing lawlessness?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
jesus told us that he was giving us a "new commandment," to love one another...,and that love fulfilled the law. What would you call it if those people operated without love?

why did jesus say to those who told him what they were doing in his name say they were practicing lawlessness?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
[/b]

i told omega (who i think is vizio because they both say the exact same things to me(and me only), that i would answer his question if he posted where he actually asked me the question about lawlessness that he claimed i never answered, i am sure i will be waiting forever

here is what i had pasted ready to post to him.

If we are not abiding in love we are are practicing lawlessness, is that so hard to comprehend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity