Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 11:26 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,405,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
No one comes to the Father except THRU ME.

No. What I have seen is liberal Christians, if there is such a thing, tearing down the narrow gate to make it wide enough for everyone to get through.

Makes me wonder why Jesus told those those who were practicing lawlessness to Depart from Him.

So you agree then that it is the Christian who strives to enter via the straight gate.

How come then they are unable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 12:24 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,000,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You really should not being saying this unless you can quote me doing so. It is very devilish.
I don't have to quote you. Since you did not address the question, and talked about something unrelated, you did try to change the subject.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
i would take exception to even that--i don't think they are doing right, i think they are faking it, and just in denial about it now. Which is why you get derailed into pointless dead ends whenever you get close to a truth on the matter. Obviously they were not disciples of Christ, and just as obviously they were church leaders. Pastors, Evangelists, and Preachers, based upon the passage. What is the point of veering off into the obvious part of the passage--"Why did He say that to them? If you can't figure that out, come back and I will explain it to you." Like that part is even in dispute? It is to avoid looking at reality, wadr.
Prezaxley. I don't understasnd why that is so hard to understand.

That they did what they said, is what is in dispute.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
that just amounts to more avoidance and essentially finger-pointing, sorry Omega.
Explain how. I am not finger pointing, I have quoted Scripture and ask, why Jesus said to them, what He did.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
you'd make a good politician though, for what that's worth.

Is good politician not an oxy-moron?

Old 09-24-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
care to answer
No the straight gate is the correct gate. The straight gate is narrow because there is only one way to be saved---enter through Jesus.

The wide gate leads to destruction because, it is the wrong gate.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
As you say you don't answer question because you probably missed them I will re-ask this question of you now for the third time.
I did answer that question. I took a break to do some things and just got back.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
WE don't need to say what faith is. The Bible does it for us---Heb 11:1
Quote:
God's grace is based on His agape love, not ours. Man is not capable of agape love.
What challenges and builds your faith, when you don't get what you want?

Old 09-24-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Could you please answer all the questions below. The first post you were asking me to answer a question that you had not asked at that time. Hope you keep your half of the deal.

Quote:
Could you please answer all the questions below. The first post you were asking me to answer a question that you had not asked at that time. Hope you keep your half of the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps
Can you quote the post where you asked me this question and then can you answer all the questions that are beginning to back up which you haven't answered. You're giving your true identity away with some of the stuff you are posting on this thread

Quote:
Why do you think those who were performing miracles, prophesying and casting out demons were said to be practicing lawlessness by Jesus ? Hang on a minute, you believe Jesus was making it up that they were doing those things.

Quote:
Omega, you have had your questions answered even the ones you didn't ask me. Now could you kindly tell me why Jesus told those who DID perform miracles, cast out demons and prophesied were told by him I never knew you ?.
My true identity is who I am posting as. You have done it again. Instead of answering my question, you ask me one.

I will tell you when you tell me why Jesus said "depart from Me" and accused them of practicing lawlessness. Until you do that I will not answer any of your questions.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Omega, can you let me know when you are going to answer my question like you said you would, so that i can tell you what the scriptures teach is salvation. Hopefully soon, because i'm heading out for a few pints.
I have told you when I will answer your quesition. Do it,or forget it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity