Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 09:45 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,004,030 times

Advertisements

[quote=Arach Angle;45593512]bingo !!!!!!!!

it relieves the angst of personal responsibility.

How???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Faith in being saved from eternal hell to gain a free pass to heaven is faith in the wrong thing and is a message that lacks the power to bring about the change for good, that God desires for us all.
Then give us what Salvation means. Please no more home-made theology. Back up what you say with Scripture.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
It mentions bugger all in that verses about being saved, yet you have rewritten it. It is shameful how you and Finn Jarber change the scripture to support your handed down beliefs. It is ridiculous to assume that you do go to heaven and are magically transformed into this perfect being.
OK, you explain it. Please no more home-made theology. Back up what you say with Scripture.

For your information those with the righteousness of Christ(2 Cor 5:21) are already perfect(Heb 10:14).

It seems some have a Bible with only 7 words in it---Agape love is all that is needed.

The sad thing is that those with that theology can't exhibit agape love. Only God can do that.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:59 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,401,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Then give us what Salvation means. Please no more home-made theology. Back up what you say with Scripture.
Please answer my questions that you promised you would and i will immediately give you your answer. Can you also stop twisting the scriptures to fit your beliefs. Also quote me not using the scriptures, i have refuted everything you believe with scripture. For instance you are claiming miracles, the casting out of demons and prophesying by the lawless one did not happen, i have shown you that the disciples went to Jesus and actually saw someone casting out demons.

Here you go.

Quote:
Deal.

If I have not answered any of your questions, it is because I have not seen them. Is there a way I can find messages sent to me without scrolling thru the thread?

Not only will I answer them, I will give you the Scripture I think supports what I say, or I will admit I don't know.
Could you please answer all the questions below. The first post you were asking me to answer a question that you had not asked at that time. Hope you keep your half of the deal.
Quote:
Can you quote the post where you asked me this question and then can you answer all the questions that are beginning to back up which you haven't answered. You're giving your true identity away with some of the stuff you are posting on this thread
Quote:
Why do you think those who were performing miracles, prophesying and casting out demons were said to be practicing lawlessness by Jesus ? Hang on a minute, you believe Jesus was making it up that they were doing those things.

Quote:
Omega, you have had your questions answered even the ones you didn't ask me. Now could you kindly tell me why Jesus told those who DID perform miracles, cast out demons and prophesied were told by him I never knew you ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-24-2016 at 10:43 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Scripture is adamantly clear that there is no place called heaven, and all go to the same place. That is what comes from reading verses meant to be read with spiritual eyes, literally; which is why the story has to change when conflicting verses are considered imo.
Don't tell us show us. Post the Scriptures. Fundies do not say all go to the same place.

To imply those who disagree with you do not have spiritual eyes , is judgmental. I guess in your home-made theology judging is ok.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The straight gate is via Christ correct?
No one comes to the Father except THRU ME.

Quote:
Ever seen an unbeliever striving to enter in via the straight gate?
No. What I have seen is liberal Christians, if there is such a thing, tearing down the narrow gate to make it wide enough for everyone to get through.

Makes me wonder why Jesus told those those who were practicing lawlessness to Depart from Him.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:09 AM

Omega, can you let me know when you are going to answer my question like you said you would, so that i can tell you what the scriptures teach is salvation. Hopefully soon, because i'm heading out for a few pints.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times
Quote:
There is no such think as "easy believism." No one can exhibit agape love, unless thy have already been saved by God's grace, not by love. God's grace is based on His agape love, not ours. Man is not capable of agape love.
The words "easy believism" is just another put-down phrase to suggest people are not good enough Christians. What motivates people to say such things is beyond me, but it always comes from legalists who try to impress others by their "works". They come here to suggest believers do not have works, or their works are not good enough, but never offer anything to back up the claims. After all, how could they possibly know what people do, or don't do?

Such people are the accusers of the brethren.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-24-2016 at 10:35 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The words "easy believism" is just another put-down phrase to suggest people are not good enough Christians. What motivates people to say such things is beyond me.
No it is not a put down at all, that is just you being sensitive because you know all you have is a belief system that somehow you think is a free ticket to heaven. The more i read and see this free pass to heaven belief the more ridiculous it appears.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:19 AM

[quote=pcamps;45594780]So are you now saying because they were not Christians they never did those things .

Again you are proving you don't know the scriptures never mind have the ability to expound upon them. Jesus did not refer to folk being Christians . He referred to this....... "He" that hears my words..

Until you can explain why Jesus Jesus said TO THEM, "depart from me, when He also said, He would NEVER cast out those God had give Him and can explain why Jesus said they were practicing lawlessness, it is you who don't understand the Scripture.

Since you are the only one with spiritual eyes, explain those 2 things. I predict you will not. You will try too change the subject again.

Quote:
"Teacher," said John, "we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us."
Unless of cause the disciples made it.
You always stop too soon. You ignored Jesus' answer to those claiming to be doing works in His name, and you have ignored His answer here.

What was Jesus answer to them? What did His answer tell those who are paying attention>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity