Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 09:00 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,411,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Deal.

If I have not answered any of your questions, it is because I have not seen them. Is there a way I can find messages sent to me without scrolling thru the thread?

Not only will I answer them, I will give you the Scripture I think supports what I say, or I will admit I don't know.
As you say you don't answer question because you probably missed them I will re-ask this question of you now for the third time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The straight gate is via Christ correct?

Ever seen an unbeliever striving to enter in via the straight gate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 09:04 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,001,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is the "easy believism" mantra. Without agape love it is useless.
So you too are an "easy believer." Interesting. No wonder you refuse to answer questions and persist in ignoring answers to your puerile repetitive questions.
There is no such think as "easy believism." No one can exhibit agape love, unless thy have already been saved by God's grace, not by love. God's grace is based on His agape love, not ours. Man is not capable of agape love.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus said whoever believes have eternal life, but the legalists here insist you MUST work.

Faith leads to works. It is as simple as that. It gives gives birth to desire to work.

Is it easy? Jesus said "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light". His followers agreed, even though many would see their yoke anything but light. Any burden is light when you are happy to carry it.
Right.

He also said, "This is the work of God, that you believe in the one whom He has sent--Jn 6:29

Old 09-24-2016, 09:16 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,643,776 times
well, He also said even satan believes, so avoiding identifying who cried "Lord, Lord" because you are scared, or trying to teach when you do not know, becomes the more apparent the more you say, with all due respect.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:20 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,375,203 times
Quote:
Deal.

If I have not answered any of your questions, it is because I have not seen them. Is there a way I can find messages sent to me without scrolling thru the thread?

Not only will I answer them, I will give you the Scripture I think supports what I say, or I will admit I don't know.
Could you please answer all the questions below. The first post you were asking me to answer a question that you had not asked at that time. Hope you keep your half of the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you quote the post where you asked me this question and then can you answer all the questions that are beginning to back up which you haven't answered. You're giving your true identity away with some of the stuff you are posting on this thread
Quote:
Why do you think those who were performing miracles, prophesying and casting out demons were said to be practicing lawlessness by Jesus ? Hang on a minute, you believe Jesus was making it up that they were doing those things.

Quote:
Omega, you have had your questions answered even the ones you didn't ask me. Now could you kindly tell me why Jesus told those who DID perform miracles, cast out demons and prophesied were told by him I never knew you ?.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Right.

He also said, "This is the work of God, that you believe in the one whom He has sent--Jn 6:29
Yes, the first work is to get fundamentalists especially to believe Jesus and not your belief systems. Why ? because he taught the way and the reality of God.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-24-2016 at 09:29 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
True, but it also talks about "living faith" and dead faith. Jesus also mentions "seeds" that spring up and then wither right away.

Yet you refuse to say what the difference is between a living faith and a dead faith or what it takes to turn an intellectual assessment or belief into a living faith.

Why is that?
Living faith is the faith God give us---Rom 12:3 The faith God gives us is a gift(Eph 2:8). It is not something we must get ourselves so we can believe in God. Love without faith is a dead a faith without works

Dead faith is faith in someone other than Jesus.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Living faith is the faith God give us---Rom 12:3 The faith God gives us is a gift(Eph 2:8). It is not something we must get ourselves so we can believe in God. Love without faith is a dead a faith without works

Dead faith is faith in someone other than Jesus.
We have always had faith, unfortunately being alienated "in our minds" from God, we put it in the wrong things.
Men were living by faith before the fundies nailed Jesus Christ to a cross by the hands of wicked men. Read Hebrews 11 and tell me how and when did they receive their faith.

Last edited by pcamps; 09-24-2016 at 09:38 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So what happen to those walking dead omega?
Impossible to be dogmatic. Here is my opinion. There are 2 possibilities.

First, the continue to live but died again. Now I know it is appointed for man to die once, then comes the judgment. However, there are 2 examples of a man not dying at all because God intervened. I believe God intervened and let them die twice.

Second, their mortal bodies were transformed from perishable to imperishable(I Cor 15:53) by the intervention of God and their spirit returned to God who gave it(Eccl 12:7).

Old 09-24-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
bingo !!!!!!!!

it relieves the angst of personal responsibility.

I feel guilty when I have to hurt a bad person to stop them from hurting another person, these fundy-liberals and fundy-theift-ist cant handle that responsibility. heck, i feel bad killing an ant.

Fundy-liberal is an oxy-moron.

"Easy believism" is a term invented by legalist who reject salvation by grace alone, which was instituted way back in Abrahams time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity