Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2016, 08:44 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,413,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Are you serious? Jesus' response indicates they had not done what they said. "I NEVER KNEW YOU" says they were not Christians. Since they were not Christians, hey were not doing anything in His name. If they were Christians, Jesus would NEVER cast them out(Jn 6:37), but what does He says to them---DEPART FROM ME. Why did He say that to them? If you can't figure that out, come back and I will explain it to you.

Not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of Heaven
Quote:
Easy.

Jn 6:37 - ...The ones who come to Me I certainly WILL NOT CAST OUT.

Mt 7:23 - DEPART FROM ME.

Not all who say to me Lord. Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven

What was he lawlessness they were practicing?

If you can't figure this out, get back to me and I will put it in much simpler language.
care to answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The straight gate is via Christ correct?

Ever seen an unbeliever striving to enter in via the straight gate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2016, 08:44 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,381,628 times
Quote:
He finally did answer it after trying to change the subject several times. However he got it wrong.

I can't anyone would think those Jesus accused PRACTICING lawlessness, were Christians actually doing the works they claimed.
You really should not being saying this unless you can quote me doing so. It is very devilish.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:45 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,002,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I have actually answered it twice. I will post both of them if you promise to answer unanswered questions . Deal ?
Deal.

If I have not answered any of your questions, it is because I have not seen them. Is there a way I can find messages sent to me without scrolling thru the thread?

Not only will I answer them, I will give you the Scripture I think supports what I say, or I will admit I don't know.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:46 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,644,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Had they not done what was taught OR had they done what was taught with the wrong intentions?

They said "Did we not..." and yet Christ said I never knew you...so it appears that just because one does what is right, They can still be oh so vert wrong.
i would take exception to even that--i don't think they are doing right, i think they are faking it, and just in denial about it now. Which is why you get derailed into pointless dead ends whenever you get close to a truth on the matter. Obviously they were not disciples of Christ, and just as obviously they were church leaders. Pastors, Evangelists, and Preachers, based upon the passage. What is the point of veering off into the obvious part of the passage--"Why did He say that to them? If you can't figure that out, come back and I will explain it to you." Like that part is even in dispute? It is to avoid looking at reality, wadr.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And you will notice that fundamentalists and reformed theologians carefully avoid saying what "Faith" consists of. Which reminds me, Finn. You said that it is NOT just an intellectual perception, what else DOES it consist of?
WE don't need to say what faith is. The Bible does it for us---Heb 11:1

Old 09-24-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
The only thing being parroted is bible verse without them being expounded on, and you believe this is speaking the word laugh my English Arse off. Actually there is another thing you guys keep parroting .... "your wrong" without giving a reason why and giving your take on it.
That's amusing. You seldom provide any Scriptural support and often what you say is not even in the Bible. Of course that keeps you from supporting what you say with Scripture.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:51 AM

that just amounts to more avoidance and essentially finger-pointing, sorry Omega.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 09-24-2016 at 09:12 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 08:54 AM

you'd make a good politician though, for what that's worth.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:57 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,413,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
that just amounts to more avoidance and essentially finger-pointing, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
you'd make a good politician though, for what that's worth.
bb you are going to have to learn how to quote the person you are referring to because I have no idea. could be camps, could be omega. which one or are you referring to both?

Old 09-24-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
It doesn't speak for itself and it offends no one but you fundamentalists when it is expounded to you.

Here is what the writer of Luke penned

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he EXPOUNDED unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself

Here is how this verse reads through the eyes of the fundamentalist.

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he parroted bible verses at them about things concerning himself.
This is really amusing. A true fundamentalist would accept the verses EXACTLY as written. Do yourself a favor and find out what a fundamentalist really is. That will keep you from looking so foolish when you use the term.

Expounding the Scriptures does not offend us, incorrectly dividing the world of truth does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity