Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 01:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,800,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Don't doge the question. You know that my earlier post was about Christians praying for the salvation of others. You answered as if the salvation of nonbelievers depended upon the prayers of believers, according to their desires. So you took it even further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Surely you don't believe that something as important as a person's *salvation* is dependent upon whether or not a particular Christian wants him to be saved. That's even more absurd than what I was proposing about what Christians believe.

Answer: No, I surely do not believe that, nor did I imply that I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 02:20 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,250,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Vizio,I think it's nice of you to want to pray for those of us who do not believe in your particular Christian religion but I would like to remind you of a particular quote from a well-known agnostic.

(Christians tell me that they love their enemies, and yet all I ask is, not that they love their enemies, not that they love their friends even, but that they treat those who differ from them, with simple fairness. We do not wish to be forgiven, but we wish Christians to so act that we will not have to forgive them.)

I would agree with that statement. I recognize you see no reason for forgiveness. I will pray that God will soften your heart that you do recognize the depth of your own depravity (equal to or less than my own) in th eyes of God.
Quote:
It's nice that you wish to pray for our spirits and try to convert us to your Christian religion, but there are those of us who have no desire to believe as you do. You say that you have been a Christian for 20 years I have been a believer of my spiritual belief for more than 70 years and it has served me well just as your Christian belief has served you well. I have no intention of ever changing my belief and I can assume that you feel the same way about yours, so I will pray to my Creator that he will open up not just your eyes but your heart and mind to the reality that we do not all believe the same and that with an open mind and an open heart we can learn to have respect for one another and for each other's beliefs.
I recognize that. And honestly? You're not one of them that I would consider a troll on this board. You don't make a habit of posting obnoxious, hateful messages. In my experience, you're a decent, nice person. My intent is not to disparage you (or anyone for that matter). But even nice guys like you need Jesus. I pray that God will open your eyes.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Never occurred to me. But I just tried it.

"Dear Lord, please change the atheists and trolls who post on City-Data."

Answer I got: "How about you worry about what YOU say and do instead?"
I'll say the same thing I told someone else who questioned why we would evangelize while there are hungry people needing food: It's possible to do BOTH. I would encourage you to worry about yourself as well as pray for others. Pray for me, please -- I'd love that.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Until you quit cherry-picking which questions to address and (even more irritating ) answering questions with questions and (most irritating of all ) running away from/ignoring questions too difficult/impossible for you to answer, all your prayers for us won't help a single individual here unless you're ready to step up to the bat and stop being such a hypocrite.
I've never ran from an argument on these boards. Unfortunately for you and others though, I do have a life and my life does not revolve around your questions.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
No one has to worry about going to H E double hockey sticks(for you Canadians) because it just froze over. I actually agree with you Viz. The problem with a Christian prayer for an atheist is when you tell us you are doing it. We know our bibles so when you say you are praying for us we know that is really just a big *********. It's not us you are praying for it's for your own ego. You get to tell us off then act all offended when we call you out on it.

Matthew 6
4so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 5And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. 6But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

and if you are not in a good enough space to do it for God then this might help you

Romans 12

…19Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.†20On the contrary, “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink. For in so doing, you will heap burning coals on his head.†21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.…
This is a Christianity forum. I was actually talking to Christians. The sad observation I'll make is that even on the "Chrisitianity" forum, I get reamed because atheists are ticked at me for suggesting that we pray.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:33 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,634,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've enjoyed debating and arguing and defending the faith for awhile on these boards. A thought occurred to me....are we praying for the atheists and trolls that frequent the board?

Have you prayed that God would move in them and turn their hostility into faith?
I always sent you good thought, Viz. After all you and others are my brothers. I wish everyone of you well.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,284,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I've never ran from an argument on these boards. Unfortunately for you and others though, I do have a life and my life does not revolve around your questions.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:47 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,620,610 times
How would Christians feel it they knew others were praying that they would instantly be at the feet of Jesus in heaven?

Old 08-31-2016, 02:53 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,623,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
How would Christians feel it they knew others were praying that they would instantly be at the feet of Jesus in heaven?

Old 08-31-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Is that a veiled threat of violence? No Christians are even remotely hinting at violence toward you or anyone on these boards. Why do you make this kind of a statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity