Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 03:17 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,614,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Is that a veiled threat of violence? No Christians are even remotely hinting at violence toward you or anyone on these boards. Why do you make this kind of a statement?
Isn't it only a threat or violence if heaven wasn't a perfect place that all Christians want and desire to go?

As aposed to "you are going to burn in hell for all eternity"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 03:50 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,968,228 times
Quote:
I would agree with that statement. I recognize you see no reason for forgiveness. I will pray that God will soften your heart that you do recognize the depth of your own depravity (equal to or less than my own) in th eyes of God.

I recognize that. And honestly? You're not one of them that I would consider a troll on this board. You don't make a habit of posting obnoxious, hateful messages. In my experience, you're a decent, nice person. My intent is not to disparage you (or anyone for that matter). But even nice guys like you need Jesus. I pray that God will open your eyes.
Oh dear, the hubris is just......I don't know, you're beyond redemption, Vizio.

Old 08-31-2016, 03:52 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,968,228 times
Quote:
I've never ran from an argument on these boards. Unfortunately for you and others though, I do have a life and my life does not revolve around your questions.
Then quick just answer this question while I've got you in between obligations: do you believe in a literal fire burning hell that sinners will be tormented in for eternity?

Old 08-31-2016, 04:03 PM

88,734 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Isn't it only a threat or violence if heaven wasn't a perfect place that all Christians want and desire to go?

As aposed to "you are going to burn in hell for all eternity"?
LOL, no, but maybe for some. That sounds like something a parent would say to a naughty child. Or a church that is entwined with a government would say to people who can't read to keep them under control. Worked well for a time in the Middle Ages.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:36 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,897,164 times
Quote:
I've never ran from an argument on these boards. Unfortunately for you and others though, I do have a life and my life does not revolve around your questions.
Having a mind is so full of violence that one can't cope with the world unless he believes that anyone who disagrees with him will one day burn forever, doesn't sound like any kind of life to me.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times
Quote:
I will pray that God will soften your heart that you do recognize the depth of your own depravity (equal to or less than my own) in th eyes of God.

Teaching and attempting to spread that depravity nonsense is one of the reasons I'm praying for the atheist who was raised by a fundamentalist pastor and subjected to hearing that as a child.

He's still trying to recover.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-31-2016 at 05:02 PM..

Old 08-31-2016, 04:48 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,827,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Having a mind is so full of violence that one can't cope with the world unless he believes that anyone who disagrees with him will one day burn forever, doesn't sound like any kind of life to me.
Do you really feel that describes Vizio? I'd be willing to bet Viz is quite happy and satisfied. I'm certain he's willing to share his faith with anyone willing to listen.

Old 08-31-2016, 04:50 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Do you really feel that describes Vizio? I'd be willing to bet Viz is quite happy and satisfied. I'm certain he's willing to share his faith with anyone willing to listen.
How about if viz existed 200 years ago. same guy/gal?

Old 08-31-2016, 05:06 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,897,164 times
My point is that one accusation of violence (against a nonbeliever) is very pale in comparison to what is allegedly in the heart of a Christian who would believe that dogma.

A Christian who believes in that infinite punishment can never accuse anyone of threatening violence. No violence can ever compare with that.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:10 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,827,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
My point is that one accusation of violence (against a nonbeliever) is very pale in comparison to what is allegedly in the heart of a Christian who would believe that dogma.

A Christian who believes in that infinite punishment can never accuse anyone of threatening violence. No violence can ever compare with that.
If that was actually our desire for non-believers, we wouldn't spend so much time, effort and money telling others about Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity