Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 05:26 PM

481 posts, read 263,284 times

Advertisements

The law of God, the teachings of Jesus and the result of living as close to a Christ-like state are not things that should be burdensome.

Naturally, we will not achieve as much as we would wish, at times, and sometimes we do not seem to be getting any assistance from any source.

Could you really say that your belief gives you satisfaction, gives you comfort and imparts knowledge to you daily life? Is there a real solution to the problems of the world explained in your religious teachings? Can your clergy answer questions that may be perplexing you, or do they just use the well worn excuse "It is your cross to bear"?

God is the epitome of love, God is love, he cares about his creation and wants us all to be in a paradise earth, as he promised mankind in the beginning of man's creation.

Is it not easier to imagine a perfect earth (not this place were we spend such a short time), rather than a heavenly or hell existence? Eden was a perfect place, it needed care and attention, the animals were in subjection to man and were tame, there was plenty of foliage for the animals and they in turn kept up the duty of gardeners. This creation was well balanced, pleasant to a high degree, and along with a little constraint and faithfulness to God, man was given the offer of everlasting life in this Paradise.

We can't help our created persona that differentiate us from the animals, humans are Rational, Reasonable and Religious, and we expect some comfort and understanding from our beliefs.

Do you feel that your religion can give you all the answers, faithfully, truthfully and adding a comfort to your life?

There is only one truth, as there is only one God, and the truth will set you free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 07:13 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Do you feel that your religion can give you all the answers, faithfully, truthfully and adding a comfort to your life?
Absolutely, positively yes.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Icky.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:48 AM

9,693 posts, read 10,030,708 times
Jesus spirit is here night and day around the clock , and will bring comfort if problems come He brings hope, and when any pain come , He brings relief by His authority in the spirit and the pain is gone ..... If a demon were to come and tell here something , Jesus spirit would tell me every times `lies``, so to identify the demon and to caste him down to Jesus, which Jesus spirit has here to over come the challenge on the world and the spirits that are not of God ..................... Jesus spirit gives here a quicken of understanding and insight and even on my Job of employment Jesus spirit tell here of Jobs coming hours before they show up so I can be ready or prepared, and Jesus gives here insight into the Bible and the many meaning and purposes of the scriptures, and remembering of scripture which I have heard ................... Go to church as often as I can and never find it a bother, and Just stay home , as I go to church for Jesus , but the people there and their gifts of the spirit are a bonus for blessing ...

Old 08-30-2016, 12:24 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
In a word, heavenly....as long as I keep my eyes on Him. Peace

Old 08-31-2016, 12:07 AM

481 posts, read 263,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Icky.

Well get to and un-ick it man!

Old 08-31-2016, 01:28 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,805,921 times
Secure, loved

Old 08-31-2016, 01:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Secure, loved
If you're secure....why do you have so many people on ignore?

Or is that part of it....your religion makes you feel secure and loved... so you just hit the ignore button so you don't have to deal with the rif-raf and heathens you think are cluttering up the board. How do you spread the Good News if you've got all the people you think are trolling heathens and headed to hell on "ignore"?? Not enough love to go around?

Does God love the people you've put on ignore? So many question, jimmie. So many questions.....Which you won't answer because, oh yeah! you've put me on ignore.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-31-2016 at 02:11 PM..

Old 08-31-2016, 01:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,385 times
Out of the countless number of gods, I believe in one less than you. Despite believing in no God, I'm quite content with no religion.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:37 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,255,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
The law of God, the teachings of Jesus and the result of living as close to a Christ-like state are not things that should be burdensome.

Naturally, we will not achieve as much as we would wish, at times, and sometimes we do not seem to be getting any assistance from any source.

Could you really say that your belief gives you satisfaction, gives you comfort and imparts knowledge to you daily life? Is there a real solution to the problems of the world explained in your religious teachings? Can your clergy answer questions that may be perplexing you, or do they just use the well worn excuse "It is your cross to bear"?

God is the epitome of love, God is love, he cares about his creation and wants us all to be in a paradise earth, as he promised mankind in the beginning of man's creation.

Is it not easier to imagine a perfect earth (not this place were we spend such a short time), rather than a heavenly or hell existence? Eden was a perfect place, it needed care and attention, the animals were in subjection to man and were tame, there was plenty of foliage for the animals and they in turn kept up the duty of gardeners. This creation was well balanced, pleasant to a high degree, and along with a little constraint and faithfulness to God, man was given the offer of everlasting life in this Paradise.

We can't help our created persona that differentiate us from the animals, humans are Rational, Reasonable and Religious, and we expect some comfort and understanding from our beliefs.

There is only one truth, as there is only one God, and the truth will set you free.
My personal relationship with Jesus is an ever-present comfort and and it is the most satisfying thing in my life.

That being said, I think you missed the mark with God's desire, which is not for us to be in paradise per se, but for us to have unbroken fellowship with Him. That is the ultimate gift that could be given to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity