Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2016, 12:05 AM

481 posts, read 264,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Threw the cudgel? Sounds violent. I'm embracing pacifism these days.

This thread is one big promotion for the Watchtower Society. Lol...I'm supposed to carry a disc in my wallet because YOU bought into JW beliefs? Do you have any idea how absurd that sounds?

I believe Gene Krupa was the greatest drummer of all time. Carry a disc of "Sing Sing Sing" everywhere you go.

He died from drugs too, did you ever see Frank Sinatra in the Movie, The Man With The Golden Arm. I agree too, he was a great drummer, he could syncopate different tempo with his right hand and left hand at the same time. A bit like patting your head and rubbing you stomach at the same time. And, of course, the Golden Wedding was never drummed like Krupa did it....Ever. Buddy Rich was the greatest drummer of all time.

Now, how did I expect you to carry a disc, I offered advice not showed expectation. I agree, your interpretation of my statement sounds absolutely absurd.

The promotion was allowed by my God, Jehovah. Although I doubt that he would spend any time looking on these forums, unless he wanted a laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I have read the posts, I do not egg on my face and you did not bother to answer my questions.
Poor Baby!!!!!

Old 09-23-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I disagree about the third yes and Keanu Reeves.
Wasn't the correct answer Christopher Reeves. Chris sounds like it is more on topic.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:38 AM

16,744 posts, read 15,776,165 times
Quote:
Threw the cudgel? Sounds violent. I'm embracing pacifism these days.

This thread is one big promotion for the Watchtower Society. Lol...I'm supposed to carry a disc in my wallet because YOU bought into JW beliefs? Do you have any idea how absurd that sounds?

I believe Gene Krupa was the greatest drummer of all time. Carry a disc of "Sing Sing Sing" everywhere you go.
I guess we'll just have to disagree. Buddy Rich was the greatest drummer of all time. Butch Miles is the greatest one still living (although he did have blood transfusions a few years ago).

Old 09-23-2016, 09:34 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,276,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Buddy Rich was the greatest drummer of all time.
Krupa thought so too.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:44 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,644,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You re-writing your history. You stated you were whipped a lot as a kid. Yes. From your statement, you were abused..

You learned fear, not love,and children do not know the difference. You are waxing nostalgic about your whippings.

Being duly punished for bad decisions should never include being whipped a lot. No one should be hit for a wrong decision.
ok well all these are you explaining to me what i felt, and they are not true. You posit them as "decisions" when they were most often a complete lack of any decision. Yes, i learned fear, and i think it is ridiculous to say that fear does not have a place. I would certainly agree with you that fear should not be the primary motivator for a mature person, but there is such a thing as a "healthy fear."

Old 09-23-2016, 09:47 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,348,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Poor Baby!!!!!
You are such a great person 😂

I am not surprised remembering the treatment the JW gave my mother in law when she was dying.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,275,017 times
Quote:
Krupa thought so too.
Sorry.

It was Keith Moon who passed the sticks to Neil Peart. (Although Peart has a kit that Krupa, Rick and Moon would envy.)

Neil gives a nod to your hero near the end of this opus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWRMOJQDiLU

Old 09-23-2016, 12:06 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,632,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
ok well all these are you explaining to me what i felt, and they are not true. You posit them as "decisions" when they were most often a complete lack of any decision. Yes, i learned fear, and i think it is ridiculous to say that fear does not have a place. I would certainly agree with you that fear should not be the primary motivator for a mature person, but there is such a thing as a "healthy fear."
Fearing your parents is not healthy. I am simply using your words. You were whipped a lot. I am taking your words and you are now backing away from the severity of being whipped a lot.

I imagine you did not feel joy, or happiness while being whipped. I could be wrong.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:09 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,273,434 times
Threads like always translate into: "Nobody is a Christian except me and the members of my small splinter sect of 53 people. And I'm not totally sure about 26 of them, either."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity