Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2018, 12:55 PM

749 posts, read 482,896 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of beliefs out there. Do you really believe that Jesus Christ existed long ago and actually walked on water and performed miracles. That actually physically happened here on Earth and people saw it live? Because here’s the thing. We haven’t seen things in our lives that match up to the unnatural things that was described in the book. It actually happened on Earth and some other realm? I just want to know what your evidence is. Why don’t you think it’s all just metaphorical and beautiful poetry? How is it any different than Santa Clause? I just want to know your reasoning. I pray but I don’t have reason to believe the Bible is all true.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post
There are a lot of beliefs out there. Do you really believe that Jesus Christ existed long ago and actually walked on water and performed miracles. That actually physically happened here on Earth and people saw it live? Because here’s the thing. We haven’t seen things in our lives that match up to the unnatural things that was described in the book. It actually happened on Earth and some other realm? I just want to know what your evidence is. Why don’t you think it’s all just metaphorical and beautiful poetry? How is it any different than Santa Clause? I just want to know your reasoning. I pray but I don’t have reason to believe the Bible is all true.

All sensible Christians accept that not all of the bible is true. You are far from alone there. Only American fundies cling to an inerrant bible. And they do so because their faith is weak. They need to prop it up with a book.

I don't know if Jesus really existed and don't think it much matters if he did. The legend is too far along for the truth to matter. I certainly don't believe he worked miracles. But he challenged the status quo while emphasizing love and compassion which is indeed admirable.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:05 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,813,714 times
Quote:
Yup, literal.

I aint gonna splain the universe to you.
go ask the one who built it.

Old 10-13-2018, 01:36 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Same here. I’m curious if you are wanting to be convinced that it is, and if so, why?

Old 10-13-2018, 02:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,051,626 times
Quote:

Easy. I've met Him. You can't see the kingdom without the King living inside you. Invite Him to make Himself real to you and bring salvation to your soul, with repentance from all sins, known and unknown. It's as simple as that. Blessings...

Old 10-13-2018, 02:54 PM

1,279 posts, read 855,064 times
Quote:
There are non-Biblical texts that mention things in the Bible, so there is plenty of other contemporary evidence.

If you deny that Jesus existed, who else do you deny? Do you deny that Julius Caesar existed? King Henry VIII? Winston Churchill? All of them are documented by contemporary records.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:08 PM

16,701 posts, read 15,697,489 times
Read the rules in the Sticky thread at the top of the forum. Belief in God and Jesus is assumed here within the Christianity forum.

No point in discussing this any further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity