Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 AM

326 posts, read 1,107,794 times

Advertisements

Did you Know?
"I went to a church that did not follow scripture. I changed to a bible following church and now Jesus is so close to me. You may be in a church that does things against scripture. Please read to find out. Jesus said to add or take away one word of his holy bible would result in eternal condemnation. Is your church teaching you things against Jesus's word?"Corinne

#1) Mary did NOT remain a virgin after Jesus Christ.
Matthew 1:24-25
"When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus."
Matthew 13:55
"Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas? Aren't all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get these things? And they took offense at him.

#2.) We must go through Christ to get to Father God...There is NO other way. There are no other Gods, people or saints that can be prayed through to get to the Father.
John ch 14 verse 6
"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’

About praying to Mary:
Luke ch 11 verse 27
As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you." He replied "Blessed RATHER are those who hear the words of God an obey it."
1 Timothy ch 2 verse 5
" For there is one God andONE mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus..."

#3.) Jesus said to NOT have statues and NOT to bow in front of them
Isaiah ch 44 verse 9, 10, 15, 17, 18, 20
"All who make idols are nothing. Who shapes a god and casts an idol, which can profit him nothing? He also fashions a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it. From the rest he makes a god, his idol; he bows down to it an worships. He prays to it and says, "Save me; you are my god." "They know nothing, they understand nothing, their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see, and their minds closed so they cannot understand. Shall I bow down to a block of wood?"
Leviticus ch 19 verse 4, ch 26 verse 1
"Do not turn to idols or make gods out of cast metal for yourselves. I am the Lord your God.""Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow before it."
Numbers ch 33 verse 52
"Cast out all their carved images and their cast idols." and Mormonism
Deut: ch 29 verse 17
"You saw among them their detestable images and idols of wood and stone, of silver and gold."
AND IT"S ONE OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exodus ch 20 verse 4
"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them."
Revelation ch 9 verse 20
"The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands;they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood- idols that cannot see or hear or walk.’
2 John ch 5 verse 21
" Dear children, keep yourselves from idols."

#4) Jesus said to not pray the same prayer over and over...(the rosary and praying the same prayer over and over after confession with a Priest.)
Matthew 6 :7
"When you pray, use not vain repetitions as the heathens do, for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."

#5) Mormons believe an angel of God appeared to Jospeh Smith and preached another Gospel and God knew this was going to happen because it is written in the bible:
Galations ch 1 verse
NO other gospel
"Even if an angel of heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached you, let him be eternally condemned!."
Matthew ch 24 verse 33 and Mark ch 13 verse 31
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." by Jesus
Revelation ch 22 verse 18
"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book:If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city which are described in this book." Jesus Christ.

#6) Salvation is ONLY found only in Jesus. Other religions are NOT saved!
Acts ch 4 vers 12
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

#7) Holy spirit filled people can have the gift of tongues and prophesy and healing. Do people in your church have the gifts of the spirit?
1 Cor ch 14 verse 23
"Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers, but for unbelievers, prophesy however, is for believers, not for unbelievers
1Cor ch 12 verse 28
"And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different tongues."
1 Cor ch 12 verse 1
"Now about your spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols...Now to each one the manifestation of the spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same spirit, to another faith by the same spirit, to another gifs of healing by that one spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophesy, to another speaking in different types of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues."
1 Co ch 14 ch 18
"I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you."
Acts ch 2 verse 11
'All of them were filled with the holy spirit and began to speak in other tongues."

#8.) You need to be saved!
John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God
Ephesians ch 1 verse 13
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth Which you are hearing right now!)the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised holy spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession-to the praise of his glory."

#9) Many people will not go to heaven..For example, .if you have sex our of marriage (fornication) you will not enter...unless you repent of this and get saved and change. If you want to go you need to repent to Jesus and change! And get holy spirit filled!
Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

#10) Here is the prayer to say out loud to Jesus. (You may need to then find a church that follows the bible. There are many churches that don’t.)
I believe in God and is his son Jesus Christ. Jesus I believe you are Lord and you died on the cross to cleanse me of my sins, and I believe you rose again on the third day. In this moment I am asking you to forgive me of every sin that I have ever committed in my life. I am sorry. Jesus, I have made the decision to hand over my life to you. I give you all my life and will follow you the rest of my life. I invite you into my heart. Please come into my heart and put your holy spirit in me. Please wash away the sins of my past with your precious blood and make me new. I give you all my mind, heart and soul. Please make me new through your holy spirit. Please help me discover what your will is for my life. Please take my life and guide me for the rest of my life by your holy spirit. I surrender to you Lord Jesus. Please teach me your holy word.Thank you for my salvation. Thank you because I have just been saved and am now your child. Amen\

Make sure you church is following scripture. There are churches that go against scripture. Read this flyer and if your church is against the word of God, you’ll need find a church in agreement with God’s word...a BIBLE FOLLOWING Christian church!".
Most Baptist and Pentecostal churches follow scripture...although not all. You need to make sure they do!

Read the book called Understanding Roman Catholitism by Rick Jones Visit this link for this book. You can read it FREE online!http://www.chick.com/catolog/books/0160.asp?wpc=0160.aspo (broken link)

Begin reading the bible with the New Testament. A great place to start is the book of John. You can get a FREE New Testament here:
freenewtestament.com

Last edited by corking28; 04-10-2008 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity