Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 11:05 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
So you really believe in the 1st century 1) there was a liturgy, and 2) His servants were "ordained", and 3) Peter, the apostle to the JEWS, was appointed "head" of the body in Christ's stead? Better start reading some non-Catholic based history. Peace
I'm not the one who "better start reading".
Your other points are wrong, also.
Here is a Biblical proof of ordination:

Acts 2:6

So the twelve called together the general body of the disciples, and said, It is too much that we should have to forgo preaching God’s word, and bestow our care upon tables. 3 Come then, brethren, you must find among you seven men who are well spoken of, full of the Holy Spirit and of wisdom, for us to put in charge of this business, 4 while we devote ourselves to prayer, and to the ministry of preaching. 5 This advice found favour with all the assembly; and they chose Stephen, a man who was full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, who was a proselyte from Antioch. 6 These they presented to the apostles, who laid their hands on them with prayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 03:49 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Well, it all falls apart if you understand that the 5 "offices" are not offices at all, but rather portions of HIM who is Spirit, given at Pentecost, representative of the WORKS He does, which is why it says the Holy Ghost does the works.

There were 5 pillars in between the outer court and the inner court, and we were made spiritual priests by virtue of having to pass through that curtain they held up, representative of the experience of one or more of those 5 gifts being deposited as the earnest of their inheritance (the inheritance of the priests is G-d HIMSELF). Men, in their vainglory, thought the people were the gifts given for the maturing of the body, forgetting that every good and perfect gift comes from ABOVE. They are as the right hand of G-d.

The thumb = apostle, because the rest can grasp nothing without it.
The first finger = prophet, because they both tear down and build up by pointing out error
The middle finger = evangelist, because their territory extends farther
The ring finger = shepherd, because they are wedded to the flock and will give their life for the sheep
The little finger = teacher, the smallest but it goes in the ear the easiest

And again, going back to creation, it said He made THEM (not just one of them but BOTH OF THEM) male and female, as in, male and female made He THEM. The soul is feminine because it reproduces the nature of whatever seed is planted in it, the Spirit is male because the male plants the Seed.

And so in the beginning, before the fall, the man/spirit DID rule over the womb-man, the soul. And those that are now neither male nor female IN CHRIST JESUS, can again bring the correct order to bear by not allowing the soul to speak out of their vessel, no matter whether that vessel is male or female after the flesh. And as far as order goes, lest there be any confusion, His order is whatever He wants, for as many as are led by the SPIRIT, they are the sons (both male and female after the flesh) of G-d. Peace
lol...I have no clue where you got that nonsense. It wasn't from the Bible. You either flat out made it up, or got it from someone that invented it. I'd suggest you really ought to spend some time reading the Scriptures.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

So the twelve called together the general body of the disciples, and said, It is too much that we should have to forgo preaching God’s word, and bestow our care upon tables. 3 Come then, brethren, you must find among you seven men who are well spoken of, full of the Holy Spirit and of wisdom, for us to put in charge of this business, 4 while we devote ourselves to prayer, and to the ministry of preaching. 5 This advice found favour with all the assembly; and they chose Stephen, a man who was full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, who was a proselyte from Antioch. 6 These they presented to the apostles, who laid their hands on them with prayer.
I think you mistakenly listed Acts 2:6 instead of Acts 6:6. But you are right on with the idea that yes--Acts 6 demonstrates the creation of the office of deacon.

Old 10-06-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
So you really believe in the 1st century 1) there was a liturgy, and 2) His servants were "ordained", and 3) Peter, the apostle to the JEWS, was appointed "head" of the body in Christ's stead? Better start reading some non-Catholic based history. Peace
Based on what I read from her, I would suggest she has a firmer grasp on God's Word than you do. You really ought to spend some time reading the Bible. You might be amazed at what you've missed.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:19 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I think you mistakenly listed Acts 2:6 instead of Acts 6:6. But you are right on with the idea that yes--Acts 6 demonstrates the creation of the office of deacon.
Acts of the Apostles are doing what they say they are doing - organizing men to tend to worldly matters(business), NOT spreading the Gospel.

Acts 6 King James Version (KJV)

6 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.

2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:21 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Based on what I read from her, I would suggest she has a firmer grasp on God's Word than you do. You really ought to spend some time reading the Bible. You might be amazed at what you've missed.

Not being a Catholic, I don't read it with a Catholic mindset. And I've probably read it and dissected it, in the original languages, more than you ever even thought about. Peace

Old 10-06-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

We apparently also have a different idea of what constitutes "ordination". Peace

Old 10-06-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
lol...I have no clue where you got that nonsense. It wasn't from the Bible. You either flat out made it up, or got it from someone that invented it. I'd suggest you really ought to spend some time reading the Scriptures.

Yes, it was from the bible and I didn't make it up. It's called hidden manna. Peace

Old 10-06-2016, 07:58 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Romans 16:1 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people, including me.

Looks like the usual twisted scripture to me...I don't see DEACON I see SERVANT......

Rom 16:1**I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a SERVANT of the church which is at Cenchrea:
Rom 16:2**That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
Rom 16:3**Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:

I don't believe in bashing women at all, they are as valuable as any in church.....but scripture says what it says for a women......I take scripture literally unless there is clear context that it is not......the verse in Timothy is pretty clear

Old 10-07-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Not being a Catholic, I don't read it with a Catholic mindset. And I've probably read it and dissected it, in the original languages, more than you ever even thought about. Peace
Even so....even with a Catholic mindset, I'd say that she is running circles around you right now in understanding the text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity