Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 10:06 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,641,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Bravo, good show!

And getting back to Daniel:

Daniel 1:8-15
8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
9 Now God had brought Daniel into favor and tender love with the prince of the eunuchs.
10 And the prince of the eunuchs said unto Daniel, I fear my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat and your drink: for why should he see your faces worse liking than the children which are of your sort? then shall ye make me endanger my head to the king.
11 Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the prince of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:
12 Prove thy servants, I beseech thee, ten days; and let them give us vegetables to eat, and water to drink.
13 Then let our countenances be looked upon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the king's meat: and as thou seest, deal with thy servants.
14 So he consented to them in this matter, and proved them ten days.
15 And at the end of ten days their countenances appeared fairer and fatter in flesh than all the children which did eat the portion of the king's meat.

So then, perhaps take the vow which was mentioned of earlier, (to reclaim Eden), and you shall have tribulation ten days, (and when you come to Smyrna you will see this again in Rev 2:10), and in those "ten days" are seventy weeks.
...never eat meat again
which i was only minded of the one verse, but am led to bring all three now, even though they are not really synonymous to my hearing. yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 11:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,057,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
you could share, maybe? lol

I'm still meditating on it before the Lord MYSELF, lol. Sometimes the bite is too big and I have to take time to reconcile a whole lotta witnesses before it even feeds ME, ya know? Peace

Old 11-19-2016, 02:49 PM

481 posts, read 263,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Interesting how every religion has a different take on Daniel. And, of course, they're all right and everybody else is wrong.
Satan wants it that way. He is deceiving the nations of the world, confusing minds, creating upsets between religions and non religions; but regardless to his attempts the truth still remains, it is harder to find that's all.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Herod, not a Jew, literally a non-Jew, yet King of the Jews, is a reflection that is overlooked by all but the most astute, even among doctorates that i have read on the matter, completely oblivious to how he got his position (ie, he bought it), etc.
Herod

The family name of a dynasty that ruled over the Jews by appointment from Rome. The first was Herod the Great, famous for rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem and for ordering the slaughter of children in an attempt to destroy Jesus. (Mt 2:16; Lu 1:5) Herod Archelaus and Herod Antipas, sons of Herod the Great, were appointed over sections of their father’s domain. (Mt 2:22) Antipas was a tetrarch, popularly referred to as “king,†who ruled during Christ’s three-and-a-half-year ministry and through the period up to Acts chapter 12. (Mr 6:14-17; Lu 3:1, 19, 20; 13:31, 32; 23:6-15; Ac 4:27; 13:1) After that, Herod Agrippa I, grandson of Herod the Great, was executed by God’s angel after ruling for a short time. (Ac 12:1-6, 18-23) His son, Herod Agrippa II, became ruler and reigned up to the time of the Jewish revolt against Rome.—Ac 23:35; 25:13, 22-27; 26:1, 2, 19-32.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:28 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,641,782 times
um, can you describe your point? ty

Old 11-19-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Why do you suppose the heart of the man Nebuchadnezzar was changed from the heart of a man to the heart of a beast in Daniel 4:16? And why then is the lion or lioness, (Septuagint), given the heart of a man in Daniel 7:4? And why then does the composite beast of Revelation 13:1-6 speak with the mouth of a lion? It is because, as usual, Messiah expounds all things; and therefore what comes forth from the mouth proceeds from the heart: if one speaks like a lion it is because the heart has been given over to the first beast of a lion or lioness, but beware, for the next beast is like unto a she-bear robbed of her cubs, (there are four generations to the first age of the man like the four seasons in the full circuit of a year: autumn, winter, spring, and the summer of your harvest, lol). This matter is by decree of the seven holy Watchers, and by the command of the Memra of the holy ones, to the intent that the living may know that the Most High rules in the dominion(s) of men, and will give it over to whomsoever He will, and sets up over it the humblest of men. Perhaps in the aftermath days of the afterglow you will consider it perfectly as HaNavi Yirmeyahu says, (each in his or her own appointed times).
If you go off using suspect interpretations of the Bible, and scripture that has long been defined as not in the Christian Bible Then it appears that you start speaking in tongues which mean nothing to the average person, I am afraid I have to leave your explanations to the others. That's if they explain anything.

Old 11-19-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I have. And did.
You shoulda' stayed with the I have bit.lol

Old 11-19-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

You're the Homer Simpson of religion.

Apologies to Homer.
Homer Simpson, for goodness sake!!?? Here is a person that considers himself a local legend and he uses an animated cartoon character as an example....It certainly speaks volumes for his intelligence.

Does he set your life's concepts on Mickey Mouse as well. Maybe Daffy Duck "That's All Folks."

The original Loony Tune speaks from the bottom of his sinking boat. Oh So funny when he is dissected.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:49 PM

10,063 posts, read 4,988,541 times
Quote:
i think there is a valid perspective there, as we are informed in...Isaiah 9:6, i think, that "the Government will be on His shoulders," obviously predicting a return to a state of "no kings," but i think the personal application is the more immediately beneficial one, and the Literalist view is strictly bait for diviners/eschatologists.
Return of "No kings" as in meaning " No earthly kings " because Jesus will be " King of Kings " - Rev. 19:11,14-16
The heavenly Jesus will govern from heaven over Earth with some who are called to heaven to serve as kings and priests with Jesus for a thousand years - Revelation 2:10; 5:9-10; 20:6

Those physically resurrected faithful ones of old can serve as 'princes ' on Earth such as King David ( who did Not ascend to heaven - Acts 2:34 ) - Isaiah 32:1; Ezekiel 34:24

Old 11-19-2016, 07:03 PM

23,208 posts, read 10,505,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
I must admit, you do have a good tag Dagg, but as any comprehension, you suffer poorly. Old Neb, as you call him was the head or King of Babylon, when Babylon was taken over Nebuchadnezzar and Babylon was not more. When Darius took over, and was subsequently removed the Medo/Persian Kingdom was no more and etc.

Does that help. As to your explanation....Yeah Right!

Who is in Babylon today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity