Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 07:34 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
Satan wants it that way. He is deceiving the nations of the world, confusing minds, creating upsets between religions and non religions; but regardless to his attempts the truth still remains, it is harder to find that's all.
Yeah, we all just need to become Jehovah's Witnesses. Then we'll all know the truth and live happily ever after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 07:53 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
I would put Daq in a minority of people who could actually read some of the bible, everyone else like me is blind playing catch up. We are told in many places how the world is blind, how all those people with Moses were blind and deaf and they could never read. Just as Jesus came speaking in Parables, that is where one would begin.

WITH JESUS, WHY DID HE MAKE US LEARN WHAT IS HIDDEN?

If Jesus is speaking in a parable telling us that they are parables so that it would be hidden from the world, then it means you have to speak a certain language to read the parables, and this is true, you can't explain a parable by guessing and seeing what everyone else sees.

Oil is simply not oil, water is not water and we could continue through every single thing in nature and in the earth, it is hidden in poetry, sealed from the eyes of those who don't seek the kingdom night and day.

You can't fake knowing a parable because they are all in 3 levels, 3 interpretations to each.

How do you start explaining to a person that he is a temple of God and so he should find all he knows about what a temple is?

Why does a Passover have to show great mystery and history just to show a man?

How was Jesus ALL The sacrifices on Nisan 14?

You have to explain each one and then the instructions for each sacrifice have to be followed just like Jesus was the goat for Yom Kippur and Barabbas also played his role but This Yom Kippur takes plays on Passover?

Drink his blood?

Can you explain the Parables?

It is sure hard for me and there are a couple I am not sure about and many I am certain of.

Pick a parable.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:19 PM

481 posts, read 263,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yeah, we all just need to become Jehovah's Witnesses. Then we'll all know the truth and live happily ever after.
The offer is open...but people's minds are closed.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
You shoulda' stayed with the I have bit.lol
Thank you for bravely continuing to expose what for you, passes as thought.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Homer Simpson, for goodness sake!!?? Here is a person that considers himself a local legend and he uses an animated cartoon character as an example....It certainly speaks volumes for his intelligence.

Does he set your life's concepts on Mickey Mouse as well. Maybe Daffy Duck "That's All Folks."

The original Loony Tune speaks from the bottom of his sinking boat. Oh So funny when he is dissected.
Your post made me reconsider.

You're more like Foghorn Leghorn.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:26 PM

Quote:
The offer is open...but people's minds are closed.
Sane, educated, well-balanced humans find it easy to keep their minds closed to JW nonsense.

Only 1% of people cannot.

Poor, lost souls.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:28 AM

619 posts, read 311,891 times
Quote:
Homer Simpson, for goodness sake!!?? Here is a person that considers himself a local legend and he uses an animated cartoon character as an example....It certainly speaks volumes for his intelligence.

Does he set your life's concepts on Mickey Mouse as well. Maybe Daffy Duck "That's All Folks."

The original Loony Tune speaks from the bottom of his sinking boat. Oh So funny when he is dissected.
Quote:
So, with this in mind, show your tolerance for those that live in glass houses and throw stones at others.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Your post made me reconsider.

You're more like Foghorn Leghorn.
When ya got 'em, they attempt to attack your intelligence and education...

Old 11-20-2016, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
ah; ty, i will review that. and so, the kosher tradition of eating, beef, say, is not acceptable, in your model? and also, can you address Christ's apparent sanctioning of "eat whatever meat they sell in the market," if by nothing else than omission, in His discourse on "eating?" "Whatever you eat passes through," etc? Or even Richard's excellent ref?

3 Every moving thing that lives shall be yours to eat; like the green vegetation, I have given you everything.

understand that i am an "ethical" meat eater, but am persuaded you have a point here; but am feeling like i am being drawn in to a Law here, etc. even if "Love" persuades me i am currently violating this law.

ty again.
That was speaking about eating with unwashed hands...

Old 11-20-2016, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
"And your fear and your dread is on every beast of the land, and on every fowl of the heavens; over everything that moves upon the ground. And of all the fishes of the sea, into your hand are they delivered: every swarmer which has raw-life (chay) shall be food for you, like the green herb, I have given to you the whole. But flesh with its soul of its blood you shall not eat."
(Breshiyt 9:2-4 non-carnivore translation punctuated by context, ).

Also I saw you mentioning the Ebionites somewhere else earlier:

"After the people were baptized, Jesus also came and was baptized by John; and as he came up from the water, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Holy Ghost in the likeness of a dove that descended and entered into him: and a voice from heaven saying: Thou art my beloved Son, in thee I am well pleased: and again: This day have I begotten thee. And straightway there shone about the place a great light. Which when John saw (it saith) he saith unto him: Who art thou, Lord? and again there was a voice from heaven saying unto him: This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased. And then (it saith) John fell down before him and said: I beseech thee, Lord, baptize thou me. But he prevented him saying: Suffer it (or let it go): for thus it behoveth that all things should be fulfilled. And on this account they say that Jesus was begotten of the seed of a man, and was chosen; and so by the choice of God he was called the Son of God from the Christ that came into him from above in the likeness of a dove. And they deny that he was begotten of God the Father, but say that he was created as one of the archangels, yet greater, and that he is Lord of the angels and of all things made by the Almighty, and that he came and taught, as the Gospel (so called) current among them contains, that, 'I came to destroy the sacrifices, and if ye cease not from sacrificing, the wrath of God will not cease from you'."

[With reference to the Passover and the evasion of the idea that Jesus partook of flesh:]

"They have changed the saying, as is plain to all from the combination of phrases, and have made the disciples say: Where wilt thou that we make ready for thee to eat the Passover? and him, forsooth, say Have I desired with desire to eat this flesh of the Passover with you?" -- Gospel of the Ebionites (excerpts quoted by Epiphanius)
You still need some deeper education into the Ebionites...Fact be, G-d gave man everything to eat after the flood....Soooo...You are calling G-d a liar....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity