Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 03:27 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times

Advertisements

Christ was not sent to make bad people good, but rather to make dead people live. The side of Christianity that isn't preached is that we died in Him - again, He didn't just die for you, He died AS YOU.

We don't give our lives to Him, He gave His life to us. Dead people have nothing to give.

Our Christian life is fruit of His goodness and favor. We give out of our abundance, for instance; He prospers our life, and we have fruit to offer back.

Righteousness is A GIFT received by faith, not earned by performance. Our righteousness is as a <snip> "filthy rag"

The bigger we believe God for, the more He is glorified.

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself. The Father is our Daddy, not our Judge. We need to change our minds about God.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-04-2017 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: snipped the reference to "a woman bleeding " otherwise I would have to close thread because of the hijack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 04:46 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I kind of like died "AS YOU". But the death wasn't the point, life was. Jesus didn't walk around during his life saying he was going to die for us. He talked about how we should live.

I never can connect with the fruit metaphors. That just doesn't resonate with me. Too far from my farmer ancestors, I suppose.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I kind of like died "AS YOU". But the death wasn't the point, life was. Jesus didn't walk around during his life saying he was going to die for us. He talked about how we should live.
I should've added another thought regarding your comment, and it's this:

The New Covenant began at His death, not at His birth; He was born under the law, and first raised the law of Moses to its original height ( think Mt. Everest ). The Jews could not fulfill the law, and needed a Savior.

That was the point of His ministry. Luke 18 and 19 is a back-to-back picture of how the law beats a person down, but grace sets them free.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:32 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Some awesome teaching here......Amen and Amen to the resurrected life of Christ so He could give that life to us who need it. Those born spiritually dead need that one thing life. We can do nothing to deserve any of it, which must frustrate those over achievers who desire to "help out" God........they will struggle in vain. Believe the gospel of grace and live.........

Old 12-29-2016, 08:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Christ was not sent to make bad people good, but rather to make dead people live. The side of Christianity that isn't preached is that we died in Him - again, He didn't just die for you, He died AS YOU.

We don't give our lives to Him, He gave His life to us. Dead people have nothing to give.

Our Christian life is fruit of His goodness and favor. We give out of our abundance, for instance; He prospers our life, and we have fruit to offer back.

Righteousness is A GIFT received by faith, not earned by performance.

The bigger we believe God for, the more He is glorified.

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself. The Father is our Daddy, not our Judge. We need to change our minds about God.
And, about yourself.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-04-2017 at 05:09 PM..

Old 12-29-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And, about yourself.
Exactly, new creation in Christ.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:42 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

This scripture: Isaiah 64:6
For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

To me, it simply means that the deeds we clothe ourselves with are like wearing dirty or stained laundry.
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-04-2017 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-30-2016, 05:50 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
I should've added another thought regarding your comment, and it's this:

The New Covenant began at His death, not at His birth; He was born under the law, and first raised the law of Moses to its original height ( think Mt. Everest ). The Jews could not fulfill the law, and needed a Savior.

That was the point of His ministry. Luke 18 and 19 is a back-to-back picture of how the law beats a person down, but grace sets them free.
The new covenant is for the houses of Judah and Israel...

Old 12-30-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The new covenant is for the houses of Judah and Israel...
Sorry, all who believe on Him are the real Israel. Romans 9:6

Old 12-30-2016, 09:48 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Sorry, all who believe on Him are the real Israel. Romans 9:6
Sorry...But you are wrong and there is nothing that you can do to prove otherwise...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity