Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 02:49 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
That would imply that they lost their salvation, but I said that they did not. He died for all sins; but the believer died in sin by not trusting Jesus Christ to help them through it.

If someone you love that is a family member that was in trouble and you called out to that person that you will help that person, but that person lacked faith in you to do it and commits suicide, how would you feel?

Does that make you love that person less? Does that make that person no longer a family member?

But there is a loss, isn't there? Something that cannot be undone in your relationship, even though that person is still a family member whom you love.

God does not give grace to commit sin or to die by sin, but His grace remains in that they are still saved, but He will chasten every child He receives to be partaker of His holiness.
So, he didn't die for all sin as Christianity claims...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I just want to mention that in my post, I did not mention committing suicide. I said do you ever wish your time here would end. I will refrain from commenting on the various insults about me being an ungrateful whiner.
You've got to understand that the more you keep this open in front of them

the more open you'll be to various insults, a barbaric neanderthal, Bible worshiper, blah blah blah

Old 01-03-2017, 02:58 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You've got to understand that the more you keep this open in front of them

the more open you'll be to various insults, a barbaric neanderthal, Bible worshiper, blah blah blah
Typical...You can't prove someone wrong so you resort to this...

Old 01-03-2017, 04:03 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
As a Christian, Do you Look Forward to Leaving This Present World?
I know we only have a short time in this world, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way.
Do any of you ever feel like you are "serving time" in a fallen world that you look forward to leaving?
I do. I get tired of grieving over all the violence and injustice that I know will never be worked out in
this world and so I begin to crave the end of this life. The only thing that makes me sad about that is
to think of my children and grandchildren being left behind and possibly grieving. I have fallen out of
touch with most people so I don't think anyone would notice my absence other than my kids and
grandkids. I'm not interested in modern culture, watching movies, reading novels and all the things
people do to fill their free time. I could not care less about sports and who wins or loses. I do not want
to acquire any more worldly goods - I'm sick of it all. And I have reached a point of no longer caring
about politics because the whole world system is corrupt. I'm tired of the corruption and I cannot change it.
" leaving " or rather the present world of wickedness " going " ?

The figurative humble ' sheep ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 are Not leaving earth, but the wicked are going.
The wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Proverbs 2:21-22; Jeremiah 25:31-33
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16
Then the humble meek will inherit the earth as Jesus' promised - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:10-11

Old 01-03-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
This world, as screwed up as it is, is the only thing that's guaranteed to us. Better not to waste it, hoping the next place will be better. You've hit the cosmic lottery so make the most of it by trying to do some good for others and making their existence less miserable. That's what Jesus would have done, helped people. Not give up and only look towards the next life.
Yes, according to 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13 this (world of badness) is screwed up, but it's NOT the only thing guaranteed to us.
Jesus' guarantee is that the humble meek will inherit the earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:10-11 - and the wicked will Not be
- Proverbs 2:21-22; Jeremiah 25:31-33 - because the executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the earth of the wicked
- Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-33 - when the figurative humble ' sheep ' can remain alive on earth, and continue to live on earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over earth begins. Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I very much look forward to it knowing what's there but I'm not desperate to go anytime soon. I'm very happy here and I've asked to be here for a long time.
You should be happy here because here is what Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5 that the meek will inherit the earth.
God wants it to go well for us so that we may reside al long time on earth - Ephesians 6:3
So, ' what's there ' is going to be a beautiful paradisical earth ' here ' for the majority of mankind to live forever on earth.
First, there is going to be a soon coming ' time of separation ' on earth, when Jesus will separate people - Matt. 25:31-33
Then, the executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the earth of all wickedness - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16
Thus, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will then usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Actually, Jesus talked quite a lot about Heaven. Nevertheless, it is quite possible to help others and still yearn for Heaven.
2 Cor. 5
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
Heaven is for Jesus' spiritual ' brothers ' 1st Cor. 15:50; 15:20; Matthew 25:40; Revelation 20:6
but Jesus' promised the majority of mankind that the humble meek would inherit the 'earth' - Matthew 5:5
According to Luke 4:43 the main theme of Jesus preaching and teaching work was: God's kingdom ( Daniel 2:44 )
That is why Jesus did Not heal everyone, or feed everyone, or resurrect everyone at that time.
Rather, Jesus taught us to also be teachers about God's kingdom - Matthew 28:18-20; Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
Jesus will be King of God's kingdom government for a thousand years - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26
Then, at that millennial time, earth's nations will be healed - Revelation 22:2

In the meantime, besides telling the good news about God's kingdom, we can do as Jesus suggested in his illustration about the neighborly good Samaritan who helped a person in distress on a one-on-one basis. We can widen our, or broaden out, in showing love to others as we see need as that Samaritan did.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
No. I pretty much look forward to seeing what happens next.
I know several devout Christians who share your feelings though. And they think it's strange I have the attitude I do. (Which may come from being in a family where generations have lived past 90 and stay sharp as a tack until the end. I think it's in my DNA to be optimistic and curious.)
Besides being at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8, we are next nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security " before the soon coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 when Jesus, as Shepherd, will separate people. The humble 'sheep'-like people can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth, right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in real global Peace on Earth.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. Better things await.
Isaiah agrees that better things, better times ( the best of times ) awaits because we are nearing Jesus' coming millennium-long time of governing over Earth for a thousand years.

- Isaiah chapter 35; Isaiah 25:8; Isaiah 65:21-25; Isaiah 11:6-9; Isaiah 9:7

Old 01-03-2017, 07:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Besides being at the ' final phase ' of Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8, we are next nearing the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1st Thess. 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, " Peace and Security " before the soon coming ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 when Jesus, as Shepherd, will separate people. The humble 'sheep'-like people can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth, right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins, when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in real global Peace on Earth.
Actually, since I'm not a fundamentalist, when I said I look forward to seeing what happens next I was thinking more along the lines of "Will the Cardinals finally win a Super Bowl?" or "Who invents the cure for cancer?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity