Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 01:25 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
can you communicate one on one with these demons Rbbi1?

do you speak to them and they answer you and they speak to you and you answer them?

Serious question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I have, I went into my garage and lit incense and spoke to the smoke, and there he was inside the smoke.
Are incense and KUSH the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
KUSH, but you have to find that Bizzarro kind in the green package.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
can you communicate one on one with these demons Rbbi1?

do you speak to them and they answer you and they speak to you and you answer them?

Serious question
Bump!

Old 04-23-2017, 01:31 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,050,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, according to G-d no one may pay for the sins of another, each will pay for their own sins...And G-d doesn't change his mind...

Where does it say that you will be sinless only when you enter the Kingdom of heaven?...
No, according to God we all have gone astray, and the Lord has laid upon the Mashiach, the iniquity of us all. Again, just simply read the Words of God - apart from the commentary of man - is it not as plain as daylight that this is talking about someone being punished by God for the sins of someone else?

Isaiah 53:4-6 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

David calls the man blessed whose transgression is forgiven and sin is covered. He calls him blessed who the Lord does not impute his iniquity - in other words - who the Lord doesn't treat in the way he should be treated if the Lord took his sin into account.

Psalm 32:1-2 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Why would David say that? Well David knew very well what it was to be a sinful man, he knew very well that if the Lord should treat him after his deeds, he would be righteously condemned. Just think about Bathsheba and Uria, David was a sinful man in need of Gods mercy.

And how can God cover our sin? Well by the blood of a sacrifice the Israelites were covered/sprinkled on - as on Yom Kippur - the sacrifices were a substitutionary payment offered to the Lord - those were a necessary requirement because contrary to what you think, we cannot bear the guilt of our own sin, and those sacrifices showed the Israelites their need for a substitution - for a blood payment - and also pointed towards the supreme sacrifice which was prophesied on in Isaiah 53, the sacrifice of the Messiah that would make due payment once and for all for the sins of all who would ever believe in Him.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:24 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,054,329 times
Quote:
Bump!

Did you miss my answer, or what?? Peace

Old 04-24-2017, 07:09 AM

23,206 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
Just joking about the Kush.

Somebody handed me a kush cigarette and I only took one hit, it was so strange, it was like I woke up for the first time and found myself in this body, I was so worried that I wasn't doing enough good.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,071,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
No, according to God we all have gone astray, and the Lord has laid upon the Mashiach, the iniquity of us all.
No...G-d did not say that...The nations said that...

Quote:
Again, just simply read the Words of God - apart from the commentary of man - is it not as plain as daylight that this is talking about someone being punished by God for the sins of someone else?

Isaiah 53:4-6 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

Read what the bible says,"apart from the commentary of man"?...May I refer you to YOUR thread on Grace?...Where you seem to be copying & pasting an entire book (a commentary by man) in the thread...Seems hypocritical of you...

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 53

4 Indeed, he bore our illnesses, and our pains-he carried them, yet we accounted him as plagued, smitten by God and oppressed.

Rashi's Commentary:

Indeed, he bore our illnesses: Heb. אָכֵן, an expression of ‘but’ in all places. But now we see that this came to him not because of his low state, but that he was chastised with pains so that all the nations be atoned for with Israel’s suffering. The illness that should rightfully have come upon us, he bore.

yet we accounted him: We thought that he was hated by the Omnipresent, but he was not so, but he was pained because of our transgressions and crushed because of our iniquities.

5 But he was pained because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his wound we were healed.

Rashi's Commentary:

the chastisement of our welfare was upon him: The chastisement due to the welfare that we enjoyed, came upon him, for he was chastised so that there be peace for the entire world.

6 We all went astray like sheep, we have turned, each one on his way, and the Lord accepted his prayers for the iniquity of all of us.

Rashi's Commentary:

We all went astray like sheep: Now it is revealed that all the heathens (nations [mss.]) had erred.

accepted his prayers: He accepted his prayers and was appeased concerning the iniquity of all of us, that He did not destroy His world.

accepted… prayers: Heb. הִפְגִּיעַ, espriad in O.F., an expression of supplication.

Isaiah 53 is what the Nations are saying with regards to Israel...Where Israel is metaphorically spoken of a s one man...It has nothing to do with the Mashiach...

Quote:
David calls the man blessed whose transgression is forgiven and sin is covered. He calls him blessed who the Lord does not impute his iniquity - in other words - who the Lord doesn't treat in the way he should be treated if the Lord took his sin into account.

Psalm 32:1-2 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Why would David say that? Well David knew very well what it was to be a sinful man, he knew very well that if the Lord should treat him after his deeds, he would be righteously condemned. Just think about Bathsheba and Uria, David was a sinful man in need of Gods mercy.
Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 32

1 Of David, a maskil Praiseworthy is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is concealed.

Rashi's Commentary:

Of David, a maskil: The Sages said (Pes. 117a): Every Psalm in which “maskil” is mentioned was said through an interpreter.

Praiseworthy is he whose transgression is forgiven: Whose transgression the Holy One, Blessed Be He, forgives, and He conceals his sins. (נשוי is anpardone in Old French, pardoned. The implication is forgiveness, because the forgiveness of iniquity represents [the sin] being lifted up and withdrawn from upon a person.)

Pay close attention to what Rashi states below:

2 Praiseworthy is the man to whom the Lord ascribes no iniquity and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Rashi's Commentary:

to whom the Lord ascribes no iniquity: provided that in his spirit there is no guile, thinking to revert to his “vomit.”

Quote:
And how can God cover our sin?
Where does it say that He just covered it?...

Quote:
Well by the blood of a sacrifice the Israelites were covered/sprinkled on - as on Yom Kippur - the sacrifices were a substitutionary payment offered to the Lord - those were a necessary requirement because contrary to what you think, we cannot bear the guilt of our own sin, and those sacrifices showed the Israelites their need for a substitution - for a blood payment

IN SHORT... If a person believes that a blood sacrifice were necessary in order for Gd to forgive human sin, then that person forgot to study the Five Books of Moses. Even a single example where Gd forgave without a blood sacrifice would prove that this idea is unbiblical. There are many such examples, but the most interesting is found in the Book of Leviticus. The reason this is so interesting is that it appears right in the middle of the discussion of sin sacrifices.In Leviticus 5:11-13, it states, 'If, however, he cannot afford two doves or two young pigeons, he is to bring as an offering for his sin a tenth of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering.' In Jonah 3:10, we also see that one does not need a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins. There, the Bible simply states that Gd saw the works of the people of Niniveh. Specifically it says that these works consisted of abandoning their evil ways, and because they did, Gd forgave them. There are many other examples. Therefore, as was stated earlier, the idea that one needs a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins is unbiblical. - What Jews Believe: Essay #2: Blood Sacrifice Unnecessary

Quote:
- and also pointed towards the supreme sacrifice which was prophesied on in Isaiah 53, the sacrifice of the Messiah that would make due payment once and for all for the sins of all who would ever believe in Him.

Looks like you are batting zero here...Isaiah 53 is explained above...

Old 04-24-2017, 01:27 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,050,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No...G-d did not say that...The nations said that...

Read what the bible says,"apart from the commentary of man"?...May I refer you to YOUR thread on Grace?...Where you seem to be copying & pasting an entire book (a commentary by man) in the thread...Seems hypocritical of you...

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 53

4 Indeed, he bore our illnesses, and our pains-he carried them, yet we accounted him as plagued, smitten by God and oppressed.

5 But he was pained because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his wound we were healed.

6 We all went astray like sheep, we have turned, each one on his way, and the Lord accepted his prayers for the iniquity of all of us.

Isaiah 53 is what the Nations are saying with regards to Israel...Where Israel is metaphorically spoken of a s one man...It has nothing to do with the Mashiach...
No, when I am reading the Bible, I do not read it through the eyes of Spurgeon or anyone else. He is also a fallible human being, as is Rashi. And the tendency you have to immediately grab to rashi's commentary as a defense of Scripture, as if he is the only source that can tell us the true meaning of Scripture, shows that you pretty much put Rashi's commentary on an equal par with Gods Word.

Gods Word transcends anything a human being ever could write or think up, just read the plain text of Isaiah 53, it's obvious that the explanation Rashi or you are giving is simply not a true and logical conclusion. You change the literal words and say it's a "metaphor", just to avoid having to admit this is a Messianic prophecy as there are tons of Messianic prophesies.

This is a commentary written by a Jewish Rabbi, hundreds of years before Jesus Christ came:

"Behold my servant Messiah shall prosper; he shall be high, and increase, and be exceeding strong: as the house of Israel looked to him through many days, because their countenance was darkened among the peoples, and their complexion beyond the sons of men. (Targum Jonathan on Isaiah 53, ad Iocum)"

The Babylonian Talmud: The Messiah—what is his name?…The Rabbis say, the leprous one; those of the house of Rabbi say, the sick one, as it is said, “Surely he hath borne our sicknesses.” (Sanhedrin 98b)

So how did Rashi come to different conclusions you might wonder?

From Jewsforjesus.org:

Rashi (Rabbi Shlomo Itzchaki, 1040-1105) and some of the later rabbis, though, interpreted the passage as referring to Israel. They knew that the older interpretations referred it to Messiah. However, Rashi lived at a time when a degenerate medieval distortion of Christianity was practiced. He wanted to preserve the Jewish people from accepting such a faith and, although his intentions were sincere, other prominent Jewish rabbis and leaders realized the inconsistencies of Rashi’s interpretation. They presented a threefold objection to his innovation. First, they showed the consensus of ancient opinion. Secondly, they pointed out that the text is in the singular. Thirdly, they noted verse eight. This verse presented an insurmountable difficulty to those who interpreted this passage as referring to Israel. It reads:

He was taken away from rule and from judgment; and his life who shall recount? for he was cut off out of the land of the living; through the transgressions of my people was he stricken.

Were the Jewish people, God forbid, ever cut off out of the land of the living? No! In Jeremiah 31:35-37, God promised that we will exist forever. We are proud that Am Yisrael Chai—”The people of Israel are much alive.” Likewise, it is impossible to say that Israel suffered for the transgressions of “my people,” which clearly means Isaiah’s people. Surely Isaiah’s people are not the Gentiles, but the Jews.

As to your other argument, that blood sacrifice supposedly wasn't necessary, that's also not true. The fact is that on Yom Kippur sacrifices were brought for all the people of Israel - it was an atonement for everyone - again pointing to the Mashiach, One supreme Sacrifice to take away the sins of all. The daily sacrifices did vary, and not all were blood sacrifices, and in the case you describe the Lord simply required what someone was able to afford. But that doesn't mean they did not need sacrifice, every year on Yom Kippur, sacrifice was still made for everyone. Just take an honest look:

Leviticus 16:16-19 And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.
And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.
And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the Lord, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.
And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.

God bless you, Richard.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:05 PM

23,206 posts, read 10,489,610 times
Quote:
I wasn't kidding about speaking to a person in the smoke. Kush is something you buy at a smoke shop, legal. I was kidding about the Kush when somebody asked about outta body experience, Kush was the closest I came, a weird thing, but speaking to a spirit had nothing to do with drugs.

I had said I spoke to a spirit and that is what it was, it wasn't a big deal, It was a snake to begin with. It was a living, breathing 3d snake in smoke. The smoke scattered like a burst, and there were very many little whisps of smoke that were all tiny snakes, and all of them came together as one as if you were to put a dart board with 30 darts hitting the outside and suddenly all of them coming together as one snake.

The snake was about a foot and a half in length and it was right in front of my face like a cloud of smoke, and it was grinning at me, and that is the first thing I thought,'' why are you grinning at me?'' It was breathing and it had facial expressions, moving side to side in the smoke as a snake would be moving and talking.

Later, I found out EXACTLY why he was grinning.

Then I lit a bunch of incense and began asking questions and what I asked was answered by the smoke.

I had remembered the scriptures about asking a spirit his name, and so I asked his name, and when he told me, I laughed and said, '' Get outta here.''

Then he proved who he was.

That was a good day.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,054,329 times
It doesn't SOUND like a good day....just sayin'.... Peace

Old 04-30-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
demond and witch free weekend. <sad>

what level of supernatural are demonds?

like, do they know when someone WANTS to see them and thats like Kryptonite to them?
And another weekend of no fun with demands and witches......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity