Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 09:41 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,790,342 times

Advertisements

you can be.

What is God's image?

As the son of man says; "God is spirit".....

"The words I spoke to you are
spirit......"

So if God is spirit and spirit is the word of the son which the Father gave the son then God is His word.

Hence, the image of God is the word of God.

If you wish to be made in God's image then acquire His word and use it.

"My brother's mother and sisters hear the word of God and do it."

"The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it."

Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 04:20 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,713,948 times
Do you understand the meaning of the word IMAGE ?

Old 01-11-2017, 04:31 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
you can be.

What is God's image?

"The words I spoke to you are
spirit......"

So if God is spirit and spirit is the word of the son which the Father gave the son then God is His word.

Comments?
Yes the real "I" is Spirit, but how can we live in the image of that Spirit when we don't believe it or worse still, believe that the image is one of stinking rotten filthy rag wretched poor miserable sinners in the eyes of God who created that poor image of ourselves by causing us to fall. As a man thinks in his heart so is.

We also know that Image of Spirit is is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 AM

45,662 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Genesis 1:27 - God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him

"created"... that's past tense.

I think maybe the OP is over thinking things a bit.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Do you understand the meaning of the word IMAGE ?
Do you understand what it means as God thinks?

If The son knows the Father and the Father knows the son. How can you know?

Old 01-11-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Genesis 1:27 - God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him

"created"... that's past tense.

I think maybe the OP is over thinking things a bit.
Past tense yes. But it is written about the future.

"Created" is as God thinks not man.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 AM

1,100 posts, read 797,645 times
Quote:
you can be.

What is God's image?

Jesus meant in context that a time will come that a believer does not have to go to a place to worship God for they can worship Him anywhere as He will be in us to worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus cannot be meaning that God is a literal spirit when we were created in His image and after His likeness as signified in that request to make man in their image; hence more than one image in the Triune God.
Quote:
"The words I spoke to you are spirit......"

The Word of God is the Son of God, but more than one image was requested to fashion man after as those images within the One God was used to form man in His image.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Quote:

Comments?
For abiding in Him and the fellowship of God the Father through His Son, believers are His disciples in that they are His brothers, sisters, and mothers for abiding in Him, thereby confirming to the image of His Son.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:36 AM

45,662 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Quote:
Past tense yes. But it is written about the future.

"Created" is as God thinks not man.
So... when God created the heavens and the earth, was that written about the future also? No.

Don't make things more difficult than they need to be.

Genesis 9:6 - "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.

... not future ...

Old 01-11-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So... when God created the heavens and the earth, was that written about the future also? No.

Don't make things more difficult than they need to be.

Genesis 9:6 - "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.

... not future ...
It is future. We are being created in God's image as we speak. It is on going,

Old 01-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Jesus meant in context that a time will come that a believer does not have to go to a place to worship God for they can worship Him anywhere as He will be in us to worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus cannot be meaning that God is a literal spirit when we were created in His image and after His likeness as signified in that request to make man in their image; hence more than one image in the Triune God.The Word of God is the Son of God, but more than one image was requested to fashion man after as those images within the One God was used to form man in His image.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
For abiding in Him and the fellowship of God the Father through His Son, believers are His disciples in that they are His brothers, sisters, and mothers for abiding in Him, thereby confirming to the image of His Son.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
So I take it you agree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity