Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:57 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,267,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Here's what Jesus said about what we call the OT:

Luke 24

25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
That was spoken to the Pharisees and other religious LEADERS who were taking the people down the road to perdition with FALSE TEACHINGS and DENYING God's will....it WAS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT of an ancient BOOK as a replacement for God...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Yes. Fundamentalist Christians love, they don't set off car bombs.
Just blow up clinics, government buildings and kill school children...

Old 03-07-2017, 04:00 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
That was spoken to the Pharisees and other religious LEADERS who were taking the people down the road to perdition with FALSE TEACHINGS and DENYING God's will....it WAS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT of an ancient BOOK as a replacement for God...
It was an endorsment of the prophets.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I'm a pastor, but not a Southern Baptist.

WIthout Christ, yes, people will be going to hell.

Nothing about Christianity, fundamentalist or otherwise, teaches violence. There is no Biblical command for Christians to go and kill anyone.
Without Christ in their back pockets? In their glove box? Hanging on the rear view mirror?

So all the millions of folks who have died before hearing of Christ are destined for hell, including all the murdered children?

Old 03-07-2017, 04:04 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,591,889 times
No issue with mainstream Muslims. Have met many over the years.

Radical Muslims and Fundamental Christians are both cut from the same cloth: lie, misinterpret and condemn to ensure that your way of thinking and your belief system is the only valid one. All others be damned.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:05 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,591,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I think people are people. For the most part, leaders screw the pooch.

The muslim religion is one of the most dangerous ideologies today,
second only to far left liberalism.

that'll change. It always does.
I believe that far right conservatism is a far more dangerous ideology than what mainstream muslims believe. At least they are not trying to deny equal rights to so many all in the name of God.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It was an endorsment of the prophets.
and the book was just background and carried NO WEIGHT...

Old 03-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Yes. Fundamentalist Christians love, they don't set off car bombs.
hmmmmm...guess I could generate a list and you could make a list and we can compare?

Old 03-07-2017, 04:44 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,020,568 times
I'm not a Christian so I can't answer the OP directly. However I will say as a Muslim that nearly all of my interactions with Christians on discussions of religion, philosophy, etc... have been respectful and warm when done in-person. I don't think ill of Christians, and respect their rights to their churches and beliefs. I hate seeing it when people whom prescribe to be Muslim attack any of their places of worship or oppress them in any way.

Also I would say that a mainstream Muslim does believe in heaven and hell, prays, and takes his/her religion seriously. Part of that is accepting numerous evidences from our religion where we find that we're required to obey the laws of the land as long as those laws don't stop us from performing the basics of our religion (fasting, prayer, belief, charity, hajj).

Old 03-07-2017, 07:36 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It is clear that many people do not like fundamentalist Muslims.

But what about nominal Muslims? Those people who were raised in the religion of Islam, but are only there because of that tradition and upbringing. Liberal Muslims who don't believe in the supernatural beliefs of the Muslim heaven and hell, but who do believe in one universal God who is the same as the God that Jews and Unitarians believe in, essentially.

I believe that many fundamentalist Muslims will convert to fundamentalist Christianity. But the same could be also true of liberal Muslims "converting" to a liberal Christian church.

What do you think of these non-fundamentalist Muslims? Do you see them as any kind of threat?
What stripes and bruises I feel about Islam?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity