Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 03:42 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Actually I am not at all....contradicting...
I never said Jesus...I said the Christ, the Word...and a child can experience this in the depths of
a jungle at 2 years old...before language could really be understood.
I do not believe Jesus is the only way to connect to, experience, be spoken to by God, the Holy Spirit or
have the Father God intervene, help or love you...that would be correct....all having no knowledge of Jesus.
The Holy Spirit, nor God and His Eternal Love is exclusive to Christians, in other words...
this would be my belief system.
I understand you believe otherwise.

It is not my belief, period.
And because of this talk I understand more what the stronghold is that influences a person to
think they could not 'connect' to God personally in some jungle without an intermediary.
You fulfilled the ques from the op. It is a strong belief system.

I know people, non-Christians, that pray to their angels and spirit guides...it has never
occurred to them to ask the #1, the Top Guy, the Creator Himself that dwells in all.
That is surprising to me, also. Tho, it's fine.
Like I said, I never went thru my mom for permission if it was to come from my dad in the end.

Keep going thru Jesus..that's great.
Jesus IS the Christ. The Messiah. The anointed one. And He is the Savior, the only Savior of the world. There is no other way to have a relationship with the Father. Your words indicate that you have not trusted in Him for eternal life. You are trying to have a relationship with the Father by another way. That cannot be done. There is no eternal salvation apart from trusting in Jesus who did the redemptive work for salvation.

This fact is illustrated by the Roman centurion Cornelius who was a devote man who feared God and prayed to God continually (Acts 10:2). But he wasn't saved. However, God sent an angel to Cornelius who told him that his prayers had ascended as a memorial before God (Acts 10:4). The angel told Cornelius to send for Peter who would come to him and give him the gospel message by which he would be saved (Acts 11:14).

For all of Cornelius' reverence for God, for all of his prayers, he was still under condemnation and needed to receive Jesus as his Savior.

The apostle Peter, speaking of Jesus stated,
Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."
Jesus said that those who reject Him reject the Father.
Luke 10:16 “The one who hears you hears Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me, and the one who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”
The Bible which was written by men to whom God revealed His word, is the only reliable source of information concerning God's plan of salvation and what is required in order to be saved. If you reject what the Bible says about Jesus, then you reject Jesus and therefore reject the Father.

Your belief that you can come to the Father apart from Jesus is not based on reality. It is not based on Biblically revealed truth. Whatever you are basing your belief on, it is a false foundation.

I hope that in time you will come to realize that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 04:04 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
I have not understood this.
If, as a teen, I wanted the car...I did not go thru my mother to ask dad for the keys.
I went to dad;
not to Paul or Jesus or my guardian angel to ask or to soften up dad.
So why do you think Man needs another to connect directly to the Holy Father,
the Creator and Maintainer of All that Is?
Thanks
True, your Dad could give you the keys to the car.
However, could your Day give you the keys to resurrect yourself out of the grave ?
Since we can Not resurrect oneself or another we need someone else who has the keys to resurrect us.
According to Revelation 1:18 Jesus is the one who has the keys to unlock the grave for us.

Jesus did teach we can connect directly to his Father by addressing "Our Father which art in heaven........."
Since Jesus paid a ransom price for us then Jesus is the mediator, or go between, for us sinners - 1st Timothy 2:5-6
Jesus stands, so to speak, between our death and resurrection day - Acts 24:15; Matthew 20:28

Old 03-18-2017, 05:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
That's nice guys...I got the picture as to why some feel they need a middle man or
intercessor between themselves and God.
Best wishes. Thank you for participating in this question.
I love ya.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:35 PM

678 posts, read 438,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The moment a person receives Christ Jesus as Savior, he is credited with the perfect righteousness of Jesus and is pronounced justified.

Jesus, being both God and man, is equal to both parties. Therefore He is able to intercede before the Father on our behalf.
When on some occasion Satan goes up to heaven and makes an accusation re a bellever's sins, Jesus, as our intercessor simply says that those sins have already been judged at the cross and the case against the believer that Satan brought before the Supreme court of heaven is dismissed.

If on the other hand your meaning concerned
whether a person needs a priest to intercede on his behalf with God, he does not.
In the church-age every believer is a priest and Jesus is our great high priest.
well said.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:01 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
I have not understood this.
If, as a teen, I wanted the car...I did not go thru my mother to ask dad for the keys.
I went to dad;
not to Paul or Jesus or my guardian angel to ask or to soften up dad.

So why do you think Man needs another to connect directly to the Holy Father,
the Creator and Maintainer of All that Is?
Thanks
It's what they've been taught to believe.

Regardless if it was done through childhood indoctrination or via a personal path of choosing to follow a religion that teaches them it's what they should believe if they want to follow that particular religion.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:01 PM

3 posts, read 2,398 times
Who knows one twentieth of a percent of the stuff Christ is supposed to have said, as most of it was never actually written down, and what is written down sounds like an episode of Father Ted when put together. But then that would be an ecumenical matter. DRINK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity