Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 08:26 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,714,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
This type of response (personal attack) indicates you have no valid argument.
It was not a personal attack. I am simply pointing out that when someone feels the need to threaten people with eternal torment in hell because of watching a movie or not, they obviously have a lot of fear in their heart. How do I know there is fear in their heart? They told me so and are trying to put fear in other people's hearts. I think you missed your chance to tell the other person that they have no valid argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 11:12 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,819,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It was not a personal attack. I am simply pointing out that when someone feels the need to threaten people with eternal torment in hell because of watching a movie or not, they obviously have a lot of fear in their heart. How do I know there is fear in their heart? They told me so and are trying to put fear in other people's hearts. I think you missed your chance to tell the other person that they have no valid argument.
Simple Living said nothing of the sort. No threats. Only God has that authority.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,404,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
God is the Author of truth so truth is what He says it is. It's not subject to any persons feelings, emotions or desires. The simple fact is (and facts are not subjective), The Shack is heretical and unbiblical. That's a fact, not an opinion.

As for what's in my heart, you can't possibly know so that comment is merely the typical insult that's given when actual facts, logic or reasoning can't be applied. Your original comment even said "IMO." In YOUR opinion. When you base the eternal things of God on YOUR opinion, you are committing idolatry and lowering God to a created being of your own making and liking.

You are free to enjoy The Shack and believe what you wish. God will not interfere with that. But, with every choice there are consequences and you are also responsible for those, too. Are you really willing to risk your entire eternity based on a fictional movie that gave you warm fuzzies? Have you actually taken what you heard from the movie and compared it to what God actually says in His Word? There's no way you can find the two in agreement. So, who's wrong? It's not God. Be very careful. Eternity is a very long time.
A statement with the implied intention to inflict, for something done or not done is a threat.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A statement with the implied intention to inflict, for something done or not done is a threat.
Well said. This is how civilized society operates.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Simple Living said nothing of the sort. No threats. Only God has that authority.
Oh, you must be Martha Stewart's male counterpart. You sound so innocent like a little lamb. But you believe God plans to literally roast people in literal hell fire, so your lamb talk is not even legitimate. Do you see the disconnect? I didn't think so.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:36 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,819,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Oh, you must be Martha Stewart's male counterpart. You sound so innocent like a little lamb. But you believe God plans to literally roast people in literal hell fire, so your lamb talk is not even legitimate. Do you see the disconnect? I didn't think so.
I see you've resorted to more personal attacks.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I see you've resorted to more personal attacks.
No, it's not an attack. It is an observation. Only you see it as an attack because I criticize your personal belief. If that is seen as an attack, then no honest discussion is allowed here. It only feels like an attack because I state the truth in terms that are not sugar coated with niceties and you don't like it exposed that you believe that about God.

Funny thing is, since 'Simple Living' is new here, I thought that was part of your comment, i.e. Simple living.....etc... which is why I thought you sounded like Martha Stewart. But the rest is still the same anyway.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:53 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,264,910 times
Quote:
No, it is not 100% Biblically accurate, but for believers, it is close. My wife and I enjoyed the book and the movie.
Is it possible the movie is more accurate than the ancient book? Being "biblically" accurate my not always be a reflection of God's spoken word.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:58 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,819,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Is it possible the movie is more accurate than the ancient book? Being "biblically" accurate my not always be a reflection of God's spoken word.
Nah,
Look bro, take 2 steps back and 3 forward.

I
Dontknow why but the Lord is saying tell it.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:14 PM

2,673 posts, read 2,241,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
That's the great thing about God's Word, is that we can rely on it to know truth. We don't need to rely on the wisdom of scholars or men when God gave us His Word to guide our paths into righteousness.

Does this movie accurately present the truth of God? The answer is a simple no.

Shake the dust off your shoes... and keep seeking those who will hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity