Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:59 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
Thanks Michelle. I just have heard that the spirits walking this earth are not people who have passed on but indeed demons and spirits of the underworld. I have an easier time believing that, I guess. Why would the dead walk the earth. Heaven and hell give them a place to go, right? Does that make sense?
Yes, that makes complete sense. I believe you are in one of those places, not walking the earth after death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 07:28 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Thanks Michelle. I just have heard that the spirits walking this earth are not people who have passed on but indeed demons and spirits of the underworld. I have an easier time believing that, I guess. Why would the dead walk the earth. Heaven and hell give them a place to go, right? Does that make sense
Hi, I do believe that demons exist but greater is He who is within us. I do have a concern because I had a friend who believed that she could communicate with her deceased father. At the time that she shared this with me, my beliefs on what happened to the dead were very different than they are now. And when I went to visit her at that time, I thought that she was communicating with him. We were in her home and she would start speaking to him and then she reported to me what he was saying to her right then. It was pretty scary. Now, I believe that this could have been demonic, and I say 'could have been" because she had been traumatized as an infant and was dealing with this too. But at the time, I just shared with her, that I did not believe this was coming from God, even if I believed at that time that it was her father. Anyway, our friendship seemed to have dissolved from that point on (not from my side) but because I would not accept it as being from God as I think that she wanted me to. Anyway, this continues to concern me because I want the best for her, and I pray that God resolves it soon. She was also involved with other related behaviors such as mind reading and believe that it was a gift given to her from God. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-08-2008 at 07:41 AM..

Old 06-07-2008, 01:25 AM

100 posts, read 289,266 times
Default hmmm ok

well i was wondering why you would even put the two together .. i mean as humon beings we are normally curious about alot of things ... i think just because a person reads and trys to understand the paranormal isnt a bad person or less of a believer in god ....going to church is great if thats your thing but alot dont go and still pray and believe in god .....i dont go to church but i believe in him i pray i read the bible to some times it makes me feel good to read it .. i dont understand all of that is written but i try to lead a good life , i also read alot on the paranormal and try and make sense of things like spirits and what ever comes with it ... there is alot of evil things in this world ....i hope you find the church you are looking for ...god be with you ...peace ....

Old 06-07-2008, 03:30 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times
well nobody really knows for sure what 'ghosts'are.41 years ago my cousin stayed the night at my house.my grandfather had died the night before and her ,my brother and i were thought too young to go to the service or funeral.in the middle of the night i awoke and saw my cousin waving out the window.she called to me that pahpah was outside.i went to the window and saw him waving,his lips were moving but no words came out.i tried to wake my brother but he wouldnt get up.after a minute or two he was gone.my cousin and i were only 5 and too young to understand death or be scared.we both just went back to bed.i never discussed it with any of my family for about 35 years when i mentioned it in passing to my mother and she mentioned it to my cousin who related the same exact story i remembered though we had never talked about it.i never talked about it with my cousin until my grandmother died recently and she mentioned it and i told her i still remembered that night myself......i have no explanation for this event.i dont know why a demon disguised as my grandfather would stand at ground level outside my house and wave for 3 minutes at two five year olds.i dont see where anything either good or evil resulted other than perhaps re-enforcing a belief in life after death in some capacity.i really dont know why it happened and dont worry much about it.i do believe strange things can happen ,why,what or who is behind them i dont know.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 494 times
I also love the paranormal shows on TV, but my Baptist upbringing and The Bible, both speak of unclean spirits being demons. So, yes...I do believe people truly ARE seeing things, videotaping shadows, capturing images and voices. That's really happening. However, the question remains...what are they really seeing and hearing? They tend to believe these things are simply dead people who are trapped on earth. But, nowhere in the Bible does it say this is what even CAN occur when we die. However, it does say that demons are among us and are constantly seeking out whomever they can draw in and destroy. And, think about this: If they showed up to us as the true despicable, ugly creatures they are, most of us (maybe with the exception of the Ghost Adventures Crew) would naturally have absolutely nothing to do with them. But, if they show up in the form of "your deceased grandmother" or "a poor little boy asking for help", the typical heart goes out and people are drawn in. It's almost like Satan's marketing tool. Show up as something that's not so scary to get your attention, then slowly draw you further and further into the darkness. I watch Ghost Adventures a lot and, if you'll notice, they are getting more and more fanatical, even disregarding common sense, by taunting demons and so-called "evil entities", to get evidence. I'm afraid they've fallen into Satan's trap. If we believe what the Bible says, there IS a supernatural world all around us, but it does not consist of the lost souls of dead human beings. It is a force of angels and demons fighting a battle of good and evil, all around us, ultimately for our souls. Satan knows he's doomed to be tossed into the Lake of Fire, when it's all said and done here on earth, and he and his demons want nothing more than to take as many human souls with them as they can. What better way to do this than by drawing us in with something seemingly innocent like a vision of a deceased, loved family member or a little child, who lived a hundred years ago, reaching out to you for help. I had an experience, while I was growing up and, I'll be honest, it's caused me to be fascinated by the paranormal. I think I started watching those shows to see if I could find out what I saw in my bedroom at night as a little girl. But, more than not, lately...I'm wondering if I'm not just being drawn, subtly, down a dark path. If Satan can get our minds focused on something false, we have a harder time seeing the truth. On a lighter note, the Bible says that we should always be kind to strangers, as we could be entertaining Angels unawares! So, it's a definite that they are among us, as well, and, at times, can be visible. If we truly believe the Bible, I think we have to believe that the things on these shows are more than likely demons posing as dead human souls, so we don't seem as frightened to go looking for them. They can be and imitate whomever they want. If they think scratching Zack and Nick on Ghost Adventures will excite the millions who watch...they can and will do it. And I don't think Angels are here to frighten us, scratch us or throw things at us. There definitely IS a supernatural world, but it consists of God the father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, His angels, Satan and his demons. I have no idea what it was that used to show up at the foot of my bed every night. At one time, I believed it was a little girl, who had died in a fire in the original house that stood on that property. The new home, which was still nearly a hundred years old, was built upon the scorched stone basement of the original house. But, what started out as something that seemingly simply wanted my attention and wanted to play with me, gradually began to turn wicked and, not getting into great detail, it actually harmed my mom one night. I often wonder if I had not entertained the notion that it could even possibly have been a "good spirit of a little girl" if it would've stayed long enough to do any damage. Also, this spirit made me feel uneasy and frightened. That, in itself is not a good sign. I believe an angel would have the opposite effect, making me feel at ease. Of course, anyone or anything standing at the foot of your bed in the middle of the night would tend to freak you right out, even a live person. But, I just feel, though, that Angels, being of God, would surround us with peace and not frighten us. Okay, I know that was wordy, but I just wanted to put down my thoughts on this, as it has been something I've pondered and for which I've been seeking answers for a long time. I never went past watching the shows on TV but, I will admit that I considered getting a recorder, at one point, to try to capture an EVP. That's when it hit me..."Wait! No! I am not going to get drawn into this! I feel in my Spirit that, even though I AM very much fascinated by the whole thing...I cannot get drawn into it because I think it's a fascination that leads to dark places and it's not of God. So, I do still watch the shows. I do feel fascinated by what they capture, but I now try to apply my Biblical views to all the "evidence". So, I've got a new way to see it. Lastly, I have to ask...Has anyone ever thought..."OMGosh! Most all of us die with some sort of "unfinished business" or not having said something we wish we'd have said. Many of us will die tragically, as well. So, if that's the criteria by which we become trapped as lost, wandering souls forever on earth....that's pretty freaking scary! Does anyone at all think it would be cool to wander around in the shadows of some old, abandoned place, reliving your death and desperately trying to get the attention of some living person who can see you or capture your plea for help, so they can assist you in finding your way to the so-called light? I mean, that sounds like a nightmare from Hell all by itself! That is not what God promises His children and I challenge anyone to show me a passage in the Bible that states the souls of dead humans EVER wander the earth searching for help from the living. Okay, I'd welcome any debate on this!

Last edited by CarolinaGirl0000; 05-01-2011 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity