Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 01:44 AM

998 posts, read 437,466 times

Advertisements

To remember at Easter the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Christians are to eat fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 02:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,247,510 times
Doesn't having a relationship with Jesus help one to "remember" even more? A relationship is like BAM right there in your face and there is no remembering, there is only LIVING...

Old 04-11-2017, 02:59 AM

9,693 posts, read 10,030,708 times
See after the cross of Jesus , there was Simon Peter who went right back to his old job of fisherman , as Jesus showed up at the shore of the sea were Peter was fishing , and called to Peter , and Jesus told Peter to continue ministry for Jesus over a fish meal at the shore ....... So Christians should have a fish meal of Friday to remember their ministry with Jesus ......

Old 04-11-2017, 08:17 AM

33,296 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
To remember at Easter the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Christians are to eat fish.

There is no such command or suggestion in the New Testament that Christians are to eat fish to remember the crucifixion of Jesus. Instead, Jesus Himself instituted the eating of bread which represented His body, and wine which represented His blood in remembrance of Him.
Luke 22:17 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, "Take this and share it among yourselves; 18] for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes." 19] And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." 20] And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.
Why substitute your own ideas in place of how Jesus said to remember Him?

Last edited by Michael Way; 04-11-2017 at 09:08 AM..

Old 04-11-2017, 08:40 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,334,586 times
don't think there is any official requirement that Christians of any kind "eat fish" at Easter---in fact in some traditions lamb is the Easter dish (to recall the "Lamb of God"). the fish is often regarded as symbolic of Christ because the fish was regarded in early Christian times to refer to Christ (the Greek word "ichthys"/fish was used as an "acrostic" for the phrase rendered in English as "Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior")---a way during times of persecution to proclaim faith in Jesus.

OTOH, on Good Friday many Christians fast and abstain from meat (i.e. food with red/warm blood) as a sign of sorrow and penitence for the shedding of Jesus' blood on the Cross for our sins.

as Mike posts out the ultimate remembrance of Christ and His sacrifice is follow His command "to eat My flesh and drink My blood" in the bread and wine of the Eucharist (literally "thanksgiving")/Holy Communion.

in the peace of Christ.

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 04-11-2017 at 09:18 AM..

Old 04-11-2017, 08:44 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,035,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
I've never heard such a thing. It was always ham at our house.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:21 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,432,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Why substitute your own ideas in place of how Jesus said to remember Him?
It worked for the Baptists.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:25 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,635,445 times
Oh please, stop the hocus pocus.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:30 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,503,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You were banned last year from another religion forum in which in the general religion section you were claiming that ''The spirit of Ama said that this is to remember the death of Jesus Christ.'' Doing a search on 'the spirit of Ama' came up with 'the spirit of Ama Boza Wakhona.'

There is no such command or suggestion in the New Testament that Christians are to eat fish to remember the crucifixion of Jesus. Instead, Jesus Himself instituted the eating of bread which represented His body, and wine which represented His blood in remembrance of Him
Luke 22:17 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He said, "Take this and share it among yourselves; 18] for I say to you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes." 19] And when He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." 20] And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.
By the way, you made the following claim on yet another forum. ''The spirit of Ama revealed that Jesus was crucified on 08-17, a summer day, and not in March or April. His revelation is correct. The year is 1 BC.''

There's no shortage of people who insist on substituting their own ideas in place of what the Bible actually states.
The Bible actually state "is": "This is My body which is given for you; ("is" means "is")
The Bible actually state: "a participation in" \ "a sharing in" \ "a communion of" -1 Corinthians 10:16

Substitutes state:
Represents: "This represents My body which is given for you;
Transubstantiation: " "This is My body which transubstantiates and is given for you;
“Capernaitic” eating (literally in a cannibalistic sense) "This is literally My body which is given for you;

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-11-2017 at 09:47 AM..

Old 04-11-2017, 09:40 AM

88,647 posts, read 84,911,862 times
My mother is allergic to fish. I guess she is going to hell because she can't eat it on Good Friday.

Seriously, this is a new one. Does the OP own a fish market or something? LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity