Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:28 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,801,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Let's see what you got.
Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. The Lord and I are One.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will posses the light of life.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty. The water I give him shall be like a well inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me.

I am the resurrection and the life, the good shepherd. Follow me and you shall live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 01:18 PM

20,498 posts, read 12,894,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. The Lord and I are One.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will posses the light of life.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty. The water I give him shall be like a well inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me.

I am the resurrection and the life, the good shepherd. Follow me and you shall live.
None of those passages is contrary to faith.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,503,056 times
Quote:
Faith is the entry through the gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said otherwise.
Quote:
Let's see what you got.
Love is the greatest virtue.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is the greatest virtue.
Agreed.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:47 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,457,106 times
VIDEO: Man crawls through mud to save distressed bird - NBC26 WGBA-TV Green Bay, WI

Then you wonder why the god of bible fundamentalism cannot be taken serious over the true meaning of Salvation.

How much more your heavenly Father

Old 05-04-2017, 04:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,181,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Just out of curiosity and to see what the forum thinks......the rags like USA today and others report 80% of the USA is Christian, when you can look around and see that is totally off the mark. No one but the Lord can look on the heart and know for sure, but I'm talking about born again gospel believing spirit filled brothers and sisters actually in the "body of Christ" that will be going up in the rapture..........
Saved from what?

Old 05-04-2017, 07:49 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,801,297 times
Quote:
None of those passages is contrary to faith.
They weren't suppose to be. I was speaking for myself. You asked to see what I've got. I showed you some of it. Of course they are not original. They come from my Father who sent me via my brother.

"As the Father sent me so I send you."

That does not have anything to do with your kind of faith.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Saved from what?
See post #7.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:37 PM

6,852 posts, read 2,982,157 times
So, the 'reality' is that Jesus was sent to earth to save humankind from a wrathful God, right? Moreover, this wrathful God actually sent Jesus to save humankind from Himself, correct?

Is it just me or do others also think that this 'plan' doesn't make a whole lot of sense?

Old 05-04-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
So, the 'reality' is that Jesus was sent to earth to save humankind from a wrathful God, right? Moreover, this wrathful God actually sent Jesus to save humankind from Himself, correct?

Is it just me or do others also think that this 'plan' doesn't make a whole lot of sense?
What you don't understand is that God's holiness requires justice. Jesus took God's wrath on Himself, in our place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity