Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:25 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,076,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yep, you unrighteous no good for nothing miseable failures of sinners, who are controlled by a desperately wicked, deceitful heart that cannot but trusted, (but because of the way i have designed things you are defaulted to trusting that deceitful heart) , i have shown you o man what is good.

Makes perfectly good sense doesn't it?.

Makes perfect sense when you understand the plan of salvation. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 07:53 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,412,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Makes perfect sense when you understand the plan of salvation. Peace
You're a laugh a minute . Namaste

Old 05-06-2017, 10:33 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,497,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodPearse View Post
-
...that we can't be save if we not going to obey God command us, which is work,... work God command us.
haven't done the work....
Hi PodPearse,
I know a fair amt of the Bible...i was wondering if you could tell me where
God says for us to 'work'... I guess I mean in the New Testament.
I was wondering also where Jesus himself said the term, 'filthy rags'. Thanks

I'm used to this:.. our salvation comes only as a result of God’s grace Eph 2:8?
Not works or even faith...tho that is what pleases our Father.

As far as commands...I know of only 2 from Jesus...shortened...Love God, love your neighbor.
Then, there are tons of instructions and advice from Jesus and others: Do not worry, have no fear, give him your burdens, cast your cares, be anxious for nothing, focus on the things above...and on and on...
But none are commandments.
Even believing in Jesus is not a commandment, per se.
More of a 'helpful hint'!!!

I believe in 'works' as a great thing and when you have faith works pretty much come naturally...
in case someone wants to pounce on me for something.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:28 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,974,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
If you're seeking salvation today you won't find it in James, a book written to Jews alone. Read James 1:1 he tells you up front who it's too........you are doomed if you think your works count for salvation, Jesus says they are filthy rags. Believe and place your faith in Jesus and the gospel of grace.......

Romans thru Philemon are for us today....
The message is for everyone and the point is that faith IS a commitment to the Way Jesus taught, NOT an intellectual assent to doctrines made to avoid that commitment.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:04 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,412,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The message is for everyone and the point is that faith IS a commitment to the Way Jesus taught, NOT an intellectual assent to doctrines made to avoid that commitment.
Very true..

Old 05-06-2017, 03:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,491,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You seem to believe only FAITH can create good? Can love not exist outside of faith? You also appear to be teaching FAITH gives one a get out of christian hell card to do whatever they please..
Not the Love of God.

Many love individuals and even others they know or at times do not know. However the wars of this world show even that love has limits and the Love of God does not and includes love of neighbor and even love of the enemy. If you believe Jesus, if not then the love one has is limited.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:31 PM

45 posts, read 26,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi PodPearse,
I know a fair amt of the Bible...i was wondering if you could tell me where
God says for us to 'work'... I guess I mean in the New Testament.
I was wondering also where Jesus himself said the term, 'filthy rags'. Thanks

I'm used to this:.. our salvation comes only as a result of God’s grace Eph 2:8?
Not works or even faith...tho that is what pleases our Father.

As far as commands...I know of only 2 from Jesus...shortened...Love God, love your neighbor.
Then, there are tons of instructions and advice from Jesus and others: Do not worry, have no fear, give him your burdens, cast your cares, be anxious for nothing, focus on the things above...and on and on...
But none are commandments.
Even believing in Jesus is not a commandment, per se.
More of a 'helpful hint'!!!

I believe in 'works' as a great thing and when you have faith works pretty much come naturally...
in case someone wants to pounce on me for something.
Read the whole two chapters I typed at bottom of this. Those two chapters should help cool down your concerns. But keep eating daily (God's words) bread.

I suggest you read the whole bible... you will be shocking. A lot of things you never knew that people never talk about. I noticed those who didn't read the whole bible are wasting their time talking about it like I was. Now I am reading OT after finish read the NT and it helping me understand a lot more than ever... I just never knew about so many things. On top of that, NT warned a lot about twisting God's Words so don't using part of a context. Best to know the whole context. Any verse that uses out of context really easy twisted God's words. I was like you and I though I knew a lot. Many I don't understand but will understand after obeying God's command. God give us wisdom and understanding after we obey His command (repenting means new habits of obeying God and no more bad habits of being a sinner). Should do that before asking Jesus for removing our sins. Had to make sure that you stay good and keep up before asking Jesus, but he is the one decide that different than what I said. He is the boss of removing sins. Yes, must baptize in water in Jesus name. Only need to do once only if a person knows who is Jesus. How could baby know Jesus while baptizing? Has to know him before baptize.

Ezekiel 24:13 “‘You sinned against me and became stained with sin. I wanted to wash you and make you clean, but the stains would not come out. I will not try washing you again until my hot anger is finished with you!
2 Peter 2:22 What they did is like these true sayings: “A dog vomits and goes back to what it threw up.” And, “After a pig is washed, it goes back and rolls in the mud again.”

So, don't stay being a dog or a pig. (I grew up being Catholic and though that being sinner (the dog or the pig) between Sabbath that God remove our sins are ok but I was taught wrong after reading the whole NT) Start acting and doing like a holy person is a must to be saved... even people i know are still sinners but few years from now few of them will repent no matter how bad they are sinning now. That why we can't tell them they will go to hell because that push Jesus further away from them and that really upset God for those who acting like The God, who only can say who go to hell and who to condemn. None of us have the ability to sent anyone to hell or condemn unless God gives us that gifts like He will give that gifts of condemning people to two witnesses that mention in Revelation.

Lie is love? Hate is love? Steal is love? Hurting people is love? Calling good and bad people negative name? All those wicked deeds are love? Gossip is love? Treating one less than other is love? So, so many little details count.

1 Thessalonians 5
1 Peter 5

Old 05-06-2017, 06:08 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,797,321 times
Quote:
The question has always been..

Can one have works without faith?

Can one have faith without works?

Many here have argued for instance, atheists CANNOT have GOOD WORKS since they have no faith..yet everyday MILLIONS of people who have no public confession of any religion, let alone a christian based one, do good an provide for the marginalized while those who publicly profess a belief in a christian religion are constantly doing harm to the marginalized and deny them food, shelter clothing and education...
You misunderstand what good works are. It is not works for physical gain but works for spiritual gain.

An atheist is dead in sin he cannot do good works because there is no life in Him. Without life one cannot do good works.

"No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

Old 05-06-2017, 07:44 PM

5,463 posts, read 3,084,903 times
Quote:
The question has always been..

Can one have works without faith?

Can one have faith without works?

Many here have argued for instance, atheists CANNOT have GOOD WORKS since they have no faith..yet everyday MILLIONS of people who have no public confession of any religion, let alone a christian based one, do good an provide for the marginalized while those who publicly profess a belief in a christian religion are constantly doing harm to the marginalized and deny them food, shelter clothing and education...
Spiritual Pride, its a real killer.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:00 PM

45 posts, read 26,104 times
Quote:
So do people do good just for God's acceptance (aka salvation) or do people do good simply because it is helpful and beneficial to others without the idea of receiving any "rewards" from god?
Don't know what to say... I suggest you go asking God yourself or find that in our Bible. There are people that I know are just don't know what they are talking about.

Matthew 15:7-9 Names of God Bible (NOG)

7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 ‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 Their worship of me is pointless,
because their teachings are rules made by humans.’”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity