Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:59 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,692,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You misunderstand what good works are. It is not works for physical gain but works for spiritual gain.

An atheist is dead in sin he cannot do good works because there is no life in Him. Without life one cannot do good works.

"No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."
God is not mocked .... everyone reaps what they sow

Rom 2:12 For as many as sinned without Law will also perish without Law. And as many as sinned within Law will be judged through Law.
Rom 2:13 For not the hearers of the Law are just with God, but the doers of the Law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when nations not having Law do by nature the things of the Law, they not having Law are a law to themselves,
Rom 2:15 who show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience witnessing with them, and the thoughts between one another accusing or even excusing,

Rom 2:16 in a day when God judges the hidden things of men, according to my gospel, through Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 10:29 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
God is not mocked .... everyone reaps what they sow

Rom 2:12 For as many as sinned without Law will also perish without Law. And as many as sinned within Law will be judged through Law.
Rom 2:13 For not the hearers of the Law are just with God, but the doers of the Law shall be justified.
Rom 2:14 For when nations not having Law do by nature the things of the Law, they not having Law are a law to themselves,
Rom 2:15 who show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience witnessing with them, and the thoughts between one another accusing or even excusing,

Rom 2:16 in a day when God judges the hidden things of men, according to my gospel, through Jesus Christ.
Yes everyone reaps what they sow but if you sow the love of man and get the evil of man one must think if they sowed the wrong love.

Sow the love of God and you reap the love of God.

It is so sad when I see others quoting Paul and not the son of man and the God of the living.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:56 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
Hi again Podpearse,
I was happy to find many things I had underlined in 1 Thessalonians 5 and
1 Peter 5!
But I did not find anything even close to answer my ques of where did Jesus himself
say the words 'filthy rags' or where God commanded us to work as you presented.
It said respect those that labor and esteem them...nice, but that was all.
Btw, if not too personal...what country do you originally come from...or what is your
first language...you don't have to answer, of course, makes no difference, just curious. Thanks.

Could anyone else point to those 2 questions I had that PodPearse said in the op? Thanks.
I have never seen them. I find 'command' is a pretty strong word.
Maybe I missed it...but, no one else found these statements odd.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:07 AM

45 posts, read 25,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi again Podpearse,
I was happy to find many things I had underlined in 1 Thessalonians 5 and
1 Peter 5!
But I did not find anything even close to answer my ques of where did Jesus himself
say the words 'filthy rags' or where God commanded us to work as you presented.
It said respect those that labor and esteem them...nice, but that was all.
Btw, if not too personal...what country do you originally come from...or what is your
first language...you don't have to answer, of course, makes no difference, just curious. Thanks.

Could anyone else point to those 2 questions I had that PodPearse said in the op? Thanks.
I have never seen them. I find 'command' is a pretty strong word.
Maybe I missed it...but, no one else found these statements odd.
repent? know what repenting means? turn to God's ways, all those good deeds in our Bible we must abide to ensure our thought and action are God's approval. Stop being the sinner, which is our work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity