Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 09:13 PM

23,353 posts, read 10,651,516 times

Advertisements

A seed has to die before it can bear fruit, and it cannot die at all without water falling on it. It could sit there for thousands of years and never die, just as it is said of that worm in the flesh inside that seed.

''Their worm will never die.''

If their seed will never die, it can never be born in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 09:18 PM

16,139 posts, read 6,463,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
A seed has to die before it can bear fruit, and it cannot die at all without water falling on it. It could sit there for thousands of years and never die, just as it is said of that worm in the flesh inside that seed.

''Their worm will never die.''

If their seed will never die, it can never be born in the first place.
You might like this HF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWuD_zs7oJY

Old 05-29-2017, 09:18 PM

331 posts, read 319,664 times
If she was involved in "some small way" with the accidental death of a child "decades ago," she would accomplish nothing by going to the police. The statute of limitations for any crime she might have committed would have expired long ago. The police would just look at her in bewilderment. If the child was actually murdered and she knows the murderers, that would be a different story. At least in my state, there is no statute of limitations for homicide. If she could identify the killers to the police and help bring closure to the family, that might help relieve her guilt. But there is also the concept of "felony murder" - if you participate in a felony in any way and someone is murdered, even though you didn't directly participate in the murder, you could be charged (and again there is no statute of limitations). So, depending on the circumstances, going to the police could be risky for her. If it was just some occult ritual gone awry decades ago, the police aren't going to be interested. In any event, I would certainly sit down with a lawyer (the communications are privileged) before I went to the police.

Does she know the whereabouts of the family of the child? That might be the place to make amends, even if only by a heartfelt letter of apology. Sometimes simply writing such a letter can bring relief, even if the letter is never sent. If she feels compelled to unburden her soul, the family and/or someone she regards as a spiritual authority figure would be my suggestions. The cutting behavior may require more serious psychiatric attention.

Any Christian should understand that the slate is wiped clean (at least in my Christian theology, although certain branches seem to make guilt their stock in trade). You stand before God white as snow. This is easier to accept intellectually than down deep if someone has been involved in something truly heinous, but the fact is that many people with backgrounds far more disturbing than hers have moved on to become great Christian leaders. I'm not advertising for the Baptist church or knocking Catholics, but I believe a well-trained Baptist (or other evangelical) pastor would be more likely (just because of the theology) to assist someone still grappling with decades-old sin. Nothing is going to shock an experienced pastor, and he will also be able to steer her to the counseling resources she needs. Any notion that pastors give simplistic "Jesus loves you" advice is very outdated.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte74 View Post
If she was involved in "some small way" with the accidental death of a child "decades ago," she would accomplish nothing by going to the police. The statute of limitations for any crime she might have committed would have expired long ago. The police would just look at her in bewilderment. If the child was actually murdered and she knows the murderers, that would be a different story. At least in my state, there is no statute of limitations for homicide. If she could identify the killers to the police and help bring closure to the family, that might help relieve her guilt. But there is also the concept of "felony murder" - if you participate in a felony in any way and someone is murdered, even though you didn't directly participate in the murder, you could be charged (and again there is no statute of limitations). So, depending on the circumstances, going to the police could be risky for her. If it was just some occult ritual gone awry decades ago, the police aren't going to be interested. In any event, I would certainly sit down with a lawyer (the communications are privileged) before I went to the police.

Does she know the whereabouts of the family of the child? That might be the place to make amends, even if only by a heartfelt letter of apology. Sometimes simply writing such a letter can bring relief, even if the letter is never sent. If she feels compelled to unburden her soul, the family and/or someone she regards as a spiritual authority figure would be my suggestions. The cutting behavior may require more serious psychiatric attention.

Any Christian should understand that the slate is wiped clean (at least in my Christian theology, although certain branches seem to make guilt their stock in trade). You stand before God white as snow. This is easier to accept intellectually than down deep if someone has been involved in something truly heinous, but the fact is that many people with backgrounds far more disturbing than hers have moved on to become great Christian leaders. I'm not advertising for the Baptist church or knocking Catholics, but I believe a well-trained Baptist (or other evangelical) pastor would be more likely (just because of the theology) to assist someone still grappling with decades-old sin. Nothing is going to shock an experienced pastor, and he will also be able to steer her to the counseling resources she needs. Any notion that pastors give simplistic "Jesus loves you" advice is very outdated.
The people who committed the crime have already went to jail, it was that she was amongst the congregation, and she can't get over her shame.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 PM

Only reason I might tell her to turn herself in, is that I don't think they would do anything to her and that she might find justice for herself.

But who knows the ego of Prosecutors?

I heard the story of a woman who told on herself because she had mixed feelings when her baby breast fed, and suddenly they are taking the baby away because this woman was somehow stupid enough to trust everyone in the system.

Then she had to fight in order to even keep her baby when all she needed was to talk with somebody with common sense.

What a travesty can come.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,503,056 times
Germination
For a seed to die would be the end of it.

Perhaps, she should refrain from watering it?

Old 05-30-2017, 08:40 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,643,083 times
After tragedy we have choices. Sometimes they are difficult to see. This woman turned her her grief and guilt inward and cuts herself to feel the pain.

It's as if she is on the gerbil wheel running and running; getting no where. She is unable to expiate her guilt and has not forgiven herself.

She might think about turning her grief outward. Helping others. Helping others like herself who were forced into the cult mindset. A good therapist would help. A good attorney, too.

You have great empathy Hannibal. You words will comfort.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:02 PM

11,994 posts, read 3,816,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
After tragedy we have choices. Sometimes they are difficult to see. This woman turned her her grief and guilt inward and cuts herself to feel the pain.

It's as if she is on the gerbil wheel running and running; getting no where. She is unable to expiate her guilt and has not forgiven herself.

She might think about turning her grief outward. Helping others. Helping others like herself who were forced into the cult mindset. A good therapist would help. A good attorney, too.

You have great empathy Hannibal. You words will comfort.
I agree

Old 06-01-2017, 06:24 AM

1,146 posts, read 654,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

Tomorrow a woman is scheduled to call me

Decades ago when she was really young, she was involved with an occult and she was somehow involved in some small way of the death of a child because she was brainwashed as a child who believed in a demonic occult.

Later on this woman became a Christian but she could not let go of her past because she had never been punished for her involvement in the death of this child.

This woman is always in the hospital because she can't stop cutting herself and she doesn't want to face her past, and I can really relate to this woman and her great remorse and regret.

But what would you say to her if you were about to talk with her?

I am going to try and convince her to hand herself over to whatever authority she needs to, where she could come clean with somebody and maybe they wont even throw the book at her because her involvement was not significant, and yet, everyone involved is guilty.

It's not that she fears jail so much or anything like that, it is the secret coming out that terrifies her, and I can really relate to this because my own fear of people finding me out was so great a fear that I ratted on myself because what would come next could not possibly compare to the torture I was going through in keeping my misdeeds secret and unpunished.

Personally, I don't hold any judgment against this girl because I know she was raised in the occult and she didn't know anything else, and yet she can never be sane until the great secret is out in the open, and even then, could such a person stop hurting themselves?

Even if she did go to turn herself in, and even if she did spend some time in Jail, how does she overcome hating herself?

What would you say to this women?

Dear Lord, please don't let us talk about how she has a demon, let there be some consideration to anyone reading this that has a similar problem.

People cut themselves and do all sorts of harm because they are filled with remorse and regret. I can really relate to a person like that, I may not cut, but it seems to be that I do everything else that would invite death.

Any kind of Scriptures?
Take out a life insurance policy on this person, wait for her to destroy her life, then cash in on the benefits.

There's no reason this loser's life should be a complete waste.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 06-01-2017, 07:42 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,643,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Take out a life insurance policy on this person, wait for her to destroy her life, then cash in on the benefits.

There's no reason this loser's life should be a complete waste.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Christianity at its finest folks . The underbelly of ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity