Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 02:22 PM

23,275 posts, read 10,574,851 times

Advertisements

Tomorrow a woman is scheduled to call me

Decades ago when she was really young, she was involved with an occult and she was somehow involved in some small way of the death of a child because she was brainwashed as a child who believed in a demonic occult.

Later on this woman became a Christian but she could not let go of her past because she had never been punished for her involvement in the death of this child.

This woman is always in the hospital because she can't stop cutting herself and she doesn't want to face her past, and I can really relate to this woman and her great remorse and regret.

But what would you say to her if you were about to talk with her?

I am going to try and convince her to hand herself over to whatever authority she needs to, where she could come clean with somebody and maybe they wont even throw the book at her because her involvement was not significant, and yet, everyone involved is guilty.

It's not that she fears jail so much or anything like that, it is the secret coming out that terrifies her, and I can really relate to this because my own fear of people finding me out was so great a fear that I ratted on myself because what would come next could not possibly compare to the torture I was going through in keeping my misdeeds secret and unpunished.

Personally, I don't hold any judgment against this girl because I know she was raised in the occult and she didn't know anything else, and yet she can never be sane until the great secret is out in the open, and even then, could such a person stop hurting themselves?

Even if she did go to turn herself in, and even if she did spend some time in Jail, how does she overcome hating herself?

What would you say to this women?

Dear Lord, please don't let us talk about how she has a demon, let there be some consideration to anyone reading this that has a similar problem.

People cut themselves and do all sorts of harm because they are filled with remorse and regret. I can really relate to a person like that, I may not cut, but it seems to be that I do everything else that would invite death.

Any kind of Scriptures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 03:59 PM

15,972 posts, read 6,395,870 times
I think you are right on with telling her to go to the police with what she knows. I've heard people in recovery circles say "You're only as sick as your secrets." Not everyone involved with something like that would let it bother them. Many times someone who hurts people blame the people they hurt. She has a good heart. Remind her of that.

There is an exercise Steve Hassan came up with where the person puts themselves back in time when they were under the influence of the cult. They make the correct choice in their mind like a do over.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I think you are right on with telling her to go to the police with what she knows. I've heard people in recovery circles say "You're only as sick as your secrets." Not everyone involved with something like that would let it bother them. Many times someone who hurts people blame the people they hurt. She has a good heart. Remind her of that.

There is an exercise Steve Hassan came up with where the person puts themselves back in time when they were under the influence of the cult. They make the correct choice in their mind like a do over.
I paid 350 bucks to go to counselling just like that, and it actually did help me, and I think it helped the other poor women in there, I was the only man.

The woman begins by taking you back in history through hypnosis and you even start talking like a child in a room full of a bunch of people talking like children.

I was going to leave but a woman was there who didn't want me to, and although I had just met her, she acted like she needed me.

We went to lunch, me and about 6 women and I told them I was leaving after lunch.

I explained to them what the woman was doing in that she was using hypnosis to bring them back to their childhood and it wasn't right. All the women said the same thing, they were in complete shock that I would accuse the woman of using hypnosis.

We got back to the hotel and the conference room and I picked up my stuff and began to go and the teacher stopped me and asked why I was leaving, and I said,'' You don't wanna know,'' but it was in group counsel and she wanted validation as if she was going to shame me in front of all those women.

So I took the mike and explained to all those women how the teacher had hypnotized them to the point of their going insane, and if I have ever seen insanity, it was in that room.

When I made my speech, I made the woman admit she was using hypnosis when she had warned no one of it, and none of those women knew.

After I had said my piece and explained to them how they were never going to stop reveling in their disgust because of the fact that they love it so much, 3/4 of the women got up and walked out with me, and the rest of them were left looking at each other with a stupid look on their face. Misery is like no other drug.

That supposed doctor had those women reveling in their misery and they don't want you to stop.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:39 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I paid 350 bucks to go to counselling just like that, and it actually did help me, and I think it helped the other poor women in there, I was the only man.

The woman begins by taking you back in history through hypnosis and you even start talking like a child in a room full of a bunch of people talking like children.

I was going to leave but a woman was there who didn't want me to, and although I had just met her, she acted like she needed me.

We went to lunch, me and about 6 women and I told them I was leaving after lunch.

I explained to them what the woman was doing in that she was using hypnosis to bring them back to their childhood and it wasn't right. All the women said the same thing, they were in complete shock that I would accuse the woman of using hypnosis.

We got back to the hotel and the conference room and I picked up my stuff and began to go and the teacher stopped me and asked why I was leaving, and I said,'' You don't wanna know,'' but it was in group counsel and she wanted validation as if she was going to shame me in front of all those women.

So I took the mike and explained to all those women how the teacher had hypnotized them to the point of their going insane, and if I have ever seen insanity, it was in that room.

When I made my speech, I made the woman admit she was using hypnosis when she had warned no one of it, and none of those women knew.

After I had said my piece and explained to them how they were never going to stop reveling in their disgust because of the fact that they love it so much, 3/4 of the women got up and walked out with me, and the rest of them were left looking at each other with a stupid look on their face. Misery is like no other drug.

That supposed doctor had those women reveling in their misery and they don't want you to stop.

It's called regression hypnosis. Same thing they use to dig up "past lives", only they just take it back to a time before "you" were born, supposedly. I let someone drag me to a hypnotist who was a medical doctor once. They wanted to go to quit something. I didn't want to go but agreed to, only to prove it wouldn't work on me. I did everything he told me to do, relaxed, the whole nine yards.

He bragged that he had never in 20 years of practice and thousands of people, find anyone he couldn't hypnotize, said he would refund the money if he couldn't. He got mad and ran out the door when he couldn't, and refused to refund my money, in front of the other 5 people he had hypnotized. Fortunately, that was the last time, so I guess I did quit something, I quit him. Peace

Old 05-29-2017, 04:45 PM

15,972 posts, read 6,395,870 times
I did it on a break at work. There where only a few instances when they took something from me that I wanted back. I went back and got it. I didn't go back over and over again.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:02 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,018,216 times
To me, first showing her comforting Scriptures that God is a God of comfort and mercy for her at 2nd Corinthians 1:2-4; 1st Peter 5:7.
So, there is No need to feel self-destructive because Jesus, so to speak, took our place and repentant ones are forgiven.
The Bible also gives us ' future hope ' that our sorrows and tears will come to a final end - Revelation 7:17; Isaiah 35:10; Isaiah 11:6-9.
Earth will become a beautiful paradisical Earth once again as the Garden of Eden originally was according to Isaiah chapter 35.
No one will say, " I am sick....." according to Isaiah 33:24.
Perhaps she would like the verses at Psalm 72:8 that in Jesus' days ( his coming 1,000-year reign over Earth ) there will be an abundance of Peace on Earth. Jesus will deliver (save/rescue) the needy ones according to Psalm 72:12-14 because her blood is precious in his sight.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:13 PM

Pretty cool scriptures thanks, they never seem to work for me though, sometimes for a while I suppose.

Maybe it's that I am so self centered?

Wonder if selfishness is involved.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I think you are right on with telling her to go to the police

This is such a big catch 22 against me personally, it convicts me.

I tell myself she should turn herself in, and then it turns back on me.

At what crime do we turn ourselves in for?

I would tell her what I would do if it had involved a child because I think it is the only way for her to have peace as long as she will be alive, but does it just begin at a death?

Can I judge her if she doesn't turn herself in?

It would be so freaking hard to be a lifetime criminal who needs to also go and pay for his sins and own up to what he has done. Dude finally has a face to face moment with God, he starts going to church and is convicted of his sin to where he has remorse, and then he sees her.

Somebody in his own church that he has stole a diamond ring from to pawn.

Does he really feel remorse enough to own up to his sin enough to go to jail?

Should he walk up to the lady to try and pay her back?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It's called regression hypnosis. Same thing they use to dig up "past lives", only they just take it back to a time before "you" were born, supposedly. I let someone drag me to a hypnotist who was a medical doctor once. They wanted to go to quit something. I didn't want to go but agreed to, only to prove it wouldn't work on me. I did everything he told me to do, relaxed, the whole nine yards.

He bragged that he had never in 20 years of practice and thousands of people, find anyone he couldn't hypnotize, said he would refund the money if he couldn't. He got mad and ran out the door when he couldn't, and refused to refund my money, in front of the other 5 people he had hypnotized. Fortunately, that was the last time, so I guess I did quit something, I quit him. Peace
Another, pattern emerges.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:42 PM

11,941 posts, read 3,771,930 times
I wouldn't tell her to go to the police personally, I doubt that by itself is going to solve any of her problems. I do think she needs some counselling which will let her figure out and understand what happened, why it happened and to separate out her responsibility from the responsibility that others had in this. The conditioning that goes into young people can be at a very deep level, and even if you mentally know that you have been lied to, unless you go the core you are still held in conflicting beliefs that are buried deep.

I did have counselling and it was more along the lines that she would start me questioning and get me to come to the conclusions rather than telling me what I should or should not think, feel and know.

Possibly that is part of the problem, that when you are conditioned/brainwashed you are told what to believe and feel and when it goes against what you "know" it makes you doubt yourself and balloons out of control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity