Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 11:34 PM

64,138 posts, read 40,463,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How can one EVER waffle where LOVE is concerned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2017, 04:45 AM

16,779 posts, read 15,843,264 times
The post/rep ratio is meaningless. Although my own observation is that a fairly large percentage of members have a post/rep ratio somewhere between 0.5 and 2.0, it's still a silly waste of time to run the numbers. Some people post a lot. Some only post if they have something important to add. Some post a lot in forums where reps can be worth 5 points, and others do all their posting in forums where the rep value is limited to 1 point.

I know we have at least one member who loves to make posts that look like this:

Quote:
He's got hundreds of them. Possibly thousands of them. I doubt he's gotten many rep points for any of them. (They seems to be kind of like rep points themselves.)

Now, folks, let's leave this diversion about rep points and get back to discussing loving your neighbor.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:04 AM

76,959 posts, read 47,864,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte74 View Post
I describe above how a traditional Christian would love his neighbor as himself – by explaining that the neighbor is a creature of God who, even as a waffler, is loved by God as fully as anyone else on earth; that if he chooses to acknowledge his fallen state and accept God’s offer of forgiveness, he is going to have to accept that waffling is contrary to God’s command and is inconsistent with the Christian walk; and that he is going to have to deal with his waffling with the help of the Holy Spirit and the Christian community, perhaps at considerable cost to himself. Because the promoters of Christianity Lite have eradicated the biblical prohibition against waffling, none of this makes any sense.

The only alternative the promoters of Christianity Lite are left with is to tolerate and even celebrate their neighbor’s waffling. And this is what they do. “Loving my neighbor as myself” becomes “treating my neighbor exactly as I would like to be treated if I were an incorrigible waffler.”

And how would I like to be treated? To be left alone to waffle in peace – yes, that would be OK. To have my waffling openly tolerated and even defended against those who would question it – yes, that would be even better. To have my waffling actually celebrated – perfect!
Good post. Condoning and celebrating things which dishonor God leads people astray, and is exactly what the enemy wants.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,500,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Condoning and celebrating things which dishonor God leads people astray, and is exactly what the enemy wants.
Eternal torment is a good example of what is means to lead people astray.

It's the dark side of Christianism.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Eternal torment is a good example of what is means to lead people astray.
Maybe one day you will find your way back to the truth, and then you can say "I once was lost, but now I'm found".

Old 06-25-2017, 09:20 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,500,862 times
Quote:
Maybe one day you will find your way back to the truth, and then you can say "I once was lost, but now I'm found".
I have no doubt, I will see you coming from far, far-away.
Upon, your arrival, we will begin to celebrate your return.

... from that wretched lie, you once believed.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:30 AM

16,139 posts, read 6,461,509 times
Quote:
Good post. Condoning and celebrating things which dishonor God leads people astray, and is exactly what the enemy wants.
Who is the enemy?

Old 06-25-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Who is the enemy?
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:24 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,462,778 times
Quote:
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
The word translated "devil" here, in Greek means "false accuser", L8. Perhaps you knew that, but I just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't. So, I'd say the enemy is that state of mind in ourselves or others that insists we must believe that God condemns us.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:29 AM

37,348 posts, read 28,454,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The word translated "devil" here, in Greek means "false accuser", L8. Perhaps you knew that, but I just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't. So, I'd say the enemy is that state of mind in ourselves or others that insists we must believe that God condemns us.
Pleroo, Somebody gave me a copy of the "Cross and the Switchblade" in 1984, this book completely changed my state of mind, at that time i thought for the better. I have just got back from thinking about this book, and if i could turn back time, i would have never read it. I would have avoided the nightmare of evangelical bible christianity and the effects it leaves on your mind. The author in his ignorance is an accuser of the brethren, and the result of why many christian are under condemnation and live in condemnation and the fear of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity