Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 10:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
But did he have to die in order to do this? Could he not have simply been able to share some wise teachings that would have conveyed this message?

I know that He did share some excellent teachings. But what about His death and resurrection? Did He actually bear our sins in some way?
It appears to me that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day. Although at the same time, Jesus was fully aware that his message of love - and what he represented to the status quo would ultimately lead to a violent death. Thus, his life was an issue in setting the captives free from the established sects of the day. But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution, whereas, there is no greater love than to lay one's own life down for that of another. Many are fixated on Jesus' death, and will accept nothing but the blood of Jesus, as "they know not, what they do." Although, there is only ONE whose undeniable innocence (not an ordinary victim) was able to change the process of scapegoating (i.e., a slaughterhouse religion, having a carnivorous diet). And, it’s a saving act of God; a victory over the powers of this world (men) and a defeat of death, reversing it through his Life and Resurrection. The cross may, indeed be, the centerpiece of the Christian religion, but it is not God's altar or that of merely exchanging victims (bulls and goats for that of Christ as a substitute to appease a wrathful GOD).

His countenance on the cross bore the love of God, not the sins of men.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 07:57 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,747,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Have you done this?

Romans 10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
yes.
They demand to be separated to make their own rules and their own laws.. yet curses God for the coming separation that he is demanding !
refusing to become part of God's kingdom and demands the right to remain in his own kingdom but wants God to allow him to with all God's blessings. but God will remove his LIFE aka all his blessing from all other kingdoms created since the fall. we call that left over stuff that is not of him ' hell" stuff man created by their great sins ..

with their closed minds they call it
'independent thinking' or 'Open mindedness' . we still it hell..
all you demanding fellows can't have your cake and eat it too. Since they have eaten the cake all up , time is nearly up ..
now if they want more cake ask God for his he is the source of all goodness ...... or just sit there and keep crying in your crumbs.
but really answer this question in your own mind

what do you do with your feelings of Guilt ?

(... and don't lie to us and claim to have none, because everyone breaks their own conscience all the time )
what do you do with your guilty feelings because you are guilty of breaking even your own conscience ?

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 07-04-2017 at 08:08 AM..

Old 07-04-2017, 08:02 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes.
he demands to be separated yet curses God for the separation that he is demanding and is refusing to become part of God's kingdom and demands the right to remain in his own kingdom but wants God to allow him to with God blessings . but God will remove his LIFE aka all his blessing from all other kingdoms created since the fall. we call that left over stuff ' hell" ..

with your closed minds they call it
'independent thinking' or 'Open mindedness' ..
all you demanding fellows can't have your cake and eat it too. Since they have eaten the cake all up , time is nearly up ..
now if they want more cake ask God for his ...... or just sit there and keep crying in your crumbs.
but really answer this question in your own mind

what do you do with your feelings of Guilt ?

(... and don't lie to us and claim to have none, because everyone breaks their own conscience all the time )
what do you do with your guilty feelings because you are guilty?
Who are you referring to here ?.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Who are you referring to here ?.
if the shoe fits.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
if the shoe fits.
Well, could you explain where i have said what you are saying. Of cause you won't. That leaves me with one conclusion, you are an accuser of the brethren.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Well, could you explain where i have said what you are saying. Of cause you won't. That leaves me with one conclusion, you are an accuser of the brethren.
yep.... at least a few who call themselves "brethren" but have no fruit of it
.fruit anyone would eat . you don't have to say
"I want my own kingdom withOUT God in it" .. to prove you do . " these things will follow those who believe... they will ....... "
you hate his word and all interpretations which are the very root of our beliefs about who God is .
proof is in the puddin.. you hate the Book , you hate his words. except your few chosen out of context verses that you also beat everyone to death with,, while you call no one to His life and his truths and his book. you all call them to their own feelings which will lead every to hell. the hell none of you say you believe in but spend hours a day whining about.

so now answer my question or shut up already.
what do you do with your guilty feelings because you are guilty? it is you who keeps calling people to their feelings so tell us !
I will answer no more of your foolish questions until you all answer my one and only question and do it honestly knowing you are guilty!!

salvation(jesus) is hiding in an honest answer and his word is where he is hidden.
find him find salvation from your guilty feelings and even the guilt you don't have feelings about !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 07-04-2017 at 09:02 AM..

Old 07-04-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
yep.... at least a few who call themselves "brethren" but have no fruit of it
.fruit anyone would eat . you don't have to say
"I want my own kingdom withOUT God in it" .. to prove you do . " these things will follow those who believe... they will ....... "
you hate his word and all interpretations which are the very root of our beliefs about who God is .
proof is in the puddin.. you hate the Book , you hate his words. except your few chosen out of context verses that you also beat everyone to death with,, while you call no one to His life and his truths and his book. you all call them to their own feelings which will lead every to hell. the hell none of you say you believe in but spend hours a day whining about.

so now answer my question or shut up already.
what do you do with your guilty feelings because you are guilty? it is you who keeps calling people to their feelings so tell us !
I will answer no more of your foolish questions until you all answer my one and only question and do it honestly knowirng you are guilty!!

salvation(jesus) is hiding in an honest answer and his word is where he is hidden.
find him find salvation from your guilty feelings and even the guilt you don't have feelings about !
Again Mr accuser, can you quote me.? I thought not. Showing your true colors here.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:30 AM

19 posts, read 9,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
But did he have to die in order to do this? Could he not have simply been able to share some wise teachings that would have conveyed this message?

I know that He did share some excellent teachings. But what about His death and resurrection? Did He actually bear our sins in some way?
nice. no son of man may bear the sins for another. "The person who sins is the one who will die. A son won't suffer punishment for the father's iniquity, and a father won't suffer punishment for the son's iniquity. The righteousness of the righteous person will be on him, and the wickedness of the wicked person will be on him."

the concept of ppl needing a scapegoat just needs to be incorporated into this, imo. Iow God asked "Who told you that you were naked?" But He did not insist that the fig leaves be thrown away, and He actually "made a dress of skins for them."

Old 07-04-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Again Mr accuser, can you quote me.? I thought not. Showing your true colors here.
back at ya...answer the question

Old 07-04-2017, 10:42 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,851,941 times
Quote:
Why can't you answer the question, again i amvery surprised by your coy responses?. You said fear had nothing to do with your conversion. Yet you want all those who reject what you believe is the message of salvation, to fear the consequences of rejecting it.YET YOU was not moved by the prospect of ending up eternal hell for not accepting Christ's love on the cross.
The message of Hell, which we do believe, is better left for mature listeners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity